Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. I'm going back over some bans, and trying to find the context from chat replay on a 6 hour vod. I know when the ban happened and when the message happened as it's timestamp is recorded. The problem is while I am watching the VOD the only timestamps it shows is hour far hh:mm:ss into the vod I am when the chat appears, and not the actual timestamp of when it happened.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is a VOD problem that started a month ago. VODs that were created on a Thursday, supposed to be deleted 2 weeks or 1 month later on a Thursday, are being removed on a Wednesday. This isn't for my channel, this is for some people, so it is somewhat random. Please fix this issue. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Every streamer runs into a few issues with trolls. Half of the time with trolls or DMCA content, users have to completely delete VODs. Well, unlike Twitch but on other platforms you're able to edit "VODs" a lot more with a lot more detail. That included to making parts quiet, to louder. Replacing or adding music to the vod, or even bluring or blocking unsafe content for the vod and even removing DMCA content from the vod without removing your whole vod to follow through with DMCA.

These systems have been around for ages and I'm completely flabbergasted about twitch's…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. because sometimes i wasn't done highlighting a VOD that is about to expire but saying I have 1 day left before it's gone which is fine, but the next day it so happens to have expired. Some of the VODs have 0 days left but then it outlasts the other VODs that were supposed to be gone. So not sure if this is a thing but I do hope there would be a proper implementation of a better countdown timer for expiring VODs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notes on twitch vods:
    Idea born from the need to be able to express my opinion even not being present in the live streamers (mainly I watch VODs).
    A simple and functional idea which would add a button with which it will be possible to leave a note and let the streamer (and the rest of the viewers) know what you think about a certain topic.
    I think it's a very useful feature, which could bring new content for streamers and a lot more freedom for VOD viewers like me.
    I hope you like this idea too, thank you very…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep Vod data on Twitch. Streamers set Vods to subscriber only because it is a nice benefit for them, but non subscribers can use simple websites that bypass subscription only vods as well as deleted ones and watch them. Which cuts down revenue for twitch as well as streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Yo creo que eso es algo favoreceria a todos, los que quieran borrarlos lo dejan activado el vencimiento y los que los quieran mantener lo desactivan y asi siempre tendrias tus directos en tu canal y no tendrias que subirlos a youtube para tenerlos, descargartelos o lo que sea

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to export at a certain time, maybe "export in 24 hours" or "export at ..." (and pick a date/time) so exports could be scheduled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you start your stream we all know that during peak hours not everyone will get transcoding (720p-460p-360p-160p). As far as I currently understand the rule, you will get transcoding if there is a channel available with partners getting priority. So what I and some others do when we don't get transcoding is to reboot your stream a few times till you get it. This however can sometimes take 4 to 7 reboots.

So if you have to reboot your stream for 4 to 7 times you end up having 4 to 7 vods of 10~20 sec long. Now I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a search and filter by game in video producer.

Here is a example of what I am looking for as a feature -> https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/677684879986786365/716636928514195516/Video-search.jpg

Reason for Feature request:
    When you have thousands of Highlights, its very difficult to scroll thru the provided section to find certain highlights from years ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Streamers should be able to alert their followers that a new VOD is published on their channel.
    I find it unfortunate that the visibility for a streamer is just when they start a live stream and not when they work for their channel after live.

(sorry for my bad English)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Due to timezones, i mostly watch VODS. When a raid happens at the end of a vod, the vod is over. It'd be nice if i can still experience the raid by having the option to view the raided streamer's vod of that day, at the timestamp the raid occurred.

So i can effectively still watch someone's stream + raid, hours or days after it occurred.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We are a cognitive neuroscience lab studying how video games can promote improved reading and attentional ability. The goal of our research is to determine what qualities of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability, so that game developers and clinicians can work together to design therapeutic games to help individuals with reading or attentional disorders, such as dyslexia.
    As part of this research we analyse gameplay videos of people playing various video games to determine which characteristics of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability. Your platform is an excellent source of public…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. am unable to remove Content Tags from a VOD currently.

How to reproduce
    When trying to remove tags on a VOD, when hitting Save, this error occurs.

Expected behavior
    Content Tags should be removed from the VOD when I hit Save.

Additional context or questions
    Using latest Chrome on MacOS

Cannot see how to attach them, I posted screenshots of the error here:
    https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/421

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have markers on the progress bar for VODs showing when in the stream the Category and/or game was switched.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Maybe you could add an option to add multiple categories?

Sometimes, halfway through my stream I'll switch categories because there's nothing left to do, for example, Genshin, and then head over to another game. However, you'd have to head into stream manager and switch the title and the category. Once the stream is over and the video gets uploaded, it places it under only one category.

You could fix this by allowing us to add multiple categories in the stream! Or maybe, you could separate the videos once you switch the game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. VOD's need a drastic update! How do you expect that users upload videos if even the past broadcast function doesent work properly?

A couple feature that we are in desperate need of:

• General stability update
    • On the fly rewind
    • VOD search (Title) for viewers
    • VOD ratings systems (viewers can vote 1-5 stars)
    • Viewer VOD Ranking (depending on rating)
    • Skip muted parts (setting)
    • remove the commentary function
    • mobile download cache (look at VOD's offline)
    1,041 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Twitch VOD playback fails frequently and inconsistently. Sometimes I can reload and continue in progress, other times it returns me to the beginning of the stream. I don't have this issue with any other streaming platform including Prime Video, YouTube, Netflix, Peacock, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?