Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. When downloading files, either label them according to a certain nomenclature that includes the broadcast date or allow an option for us to label them with a custom nomenclature. Either option is fine, because as it is currently they're labeled in a way that doesn't show which VOD was downloaded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You know how there's some big event happened and you want to see streamer's reaction to it, but you was offline or following a lot of streamers from a similar directory.

You know the time of an event/announcement, so you need to calculate the time from the start of the VOD and when the stream began to also find an approximate time of the moment. It's harder when there's no preview in the first day or the timeline preview is here, but the streamer showed it off-stream.

So, because of that you usually limit yourself to the 1-2 streamers if…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Video and chat in VODs are out of sync. This usually happens to IRL streamers who are streaming through a less reliable mobile connection. Connection problems will cause the video and audio in VODs to desynchronize.

Shame there is no attention to this after 3 years.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. YouTube recently added 1.75x speed for videos. I find it be the perfect max speed for being able to understand most speech. (And at least one other person agrees: https://youtu.be/DQ8orIurGxw?t=115)

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. when i finish the stream, i looked at the video format and i have 15 videos from 1 stream. It also cuts my stream of early on the videos, so when i do an outro and end the stream, on the video its 5 mins behind and ends before i do an outro!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to know when my past streams are about to be deleted so that I can watch them with my friends one last time before they're gone forever. It's not fun when something good that you did that was recorded is just deleted forever like that.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A feature that would show the intensity of clips made throughout the VOD, for example by color-coding it on the progress bar. This could be useful if one wants to find the most exciting parts of a VOD, or make clips.

In more detail, if many clips were created an hour into the VOD, the progress bar would be red in that area while the surrounding would be yellow/green.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While I am watching an old broadcast, usually the day or two after it happened, I want to catch up on a few things. I do not watch the entire thing, but usually skip along to key moments. I would appreciate a few different ways to know where to skip along the time track on bottom. For example, if there were markings along the bar that showed where clips were taken. This would let watchers know that something "big" happened there and worth stopping there along the skip. A "Next Clip" button with this could let the user skip along…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo really helps affiliates in that their videos on demand are stored for 60 days as opposed to 14 days. However if you are a Twitch Partner under the current system you don't get any video storage benefits as you are already given 60 days VOD storage. I think it would be more than fair to give Twitch Partners who have Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo 90 days VOD Storage as opposed to 14 or 60. The additional 30 days worth of storage would give Twitch Partners a reason to pay for Twitch Prime or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Whenever someone wants to watch VODs they can't enjoy the duel screen experience properly of popout twitch chat. Theather mode forces you to have the chat next to the video AND on the same monitor. Please let us pop out the chat on VODs.

Please give us VODboys some love.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey, I watch alot of past broadcasts and I don't quite understand why we're all being forced to use this option. It might be good with short videos like on other platforms, but on here it's more painfull than useful.

Me and probably many other people watch them while going to sleep. So If you wake up and there are random streams marked (auto play plays random pb's for me), it's hard to remember what you actually watched.
    I also noticed that it doesn't always shows what's going to be played next https://gyazo.com/838517e196f50c6d757a3f6d9b1a9a3d .

I really hope you implement this…

361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a button to skip to the end of the muted chunk

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The way it would work:
    There would be a button with the Clip/Options/Theater Etc. settings that would look like this http://i.imgur.com/zA5KDxa.png (quick 5am mockup). When you click the button, it will timestamp the VOD and take you to that moment when the VOD has been uploaded.
    Maybe there's a separate page on your profile where you can manage your "Watch Later" links; with a VOD link OR maybe you get a twitch message from a bot with a link to it?
    I'm not 100% sure if this has been submitted before or if there's a way to do this as…

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add in RSS Feeds for easy syndication into blogs, twitter and other platforms.

Create RSS Feeds for each of the following sections for channels:
    Past Broadcasts
    Highlight VODS
    Clips from your Channel
    Channel Feed Posts

Another one that maybe very useful is the last 10 or 20 chat messages from your channel or vod playbacks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When it is recorded they can specify a cut and when the stream appears in "Past Broadcasts" it will appear as 2 videos which switch at the point of the cut, with the game and title being that set at the start of each.

So say I start a livestream I call "building a bridge" and the game is "minecraft" and later switch to "tf2 and the title "I'm gunna git you sukka", then specify a cut, 2 past broadcast VODS will be created.

One with game minecraft called "building a bridge"
    The second with game TF2 called "I'm gunna…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?