Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. I am not an affiliate, but the VOD settings tell me that my videos will save for 14 days. I've found that this has been changed to 7 days. Please update the VOD menu so that this change is accurate. It's been incorrect for almost 6 months now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With larger international audiences, you're likely going to have some people relying on VODs due to time differences or work/life commitments.

I envision a VOD feature where you can see the VOD player and if you click a button you can see bubbles along the progress bar or a graphic which if you click on brings you to other users watching. I imagine you could have two columns or maybe an interspersed chat so that users can decide what they see.
    The benefit is that people can enjoy watching VODs with others in sync. Sense of community.

Not sure if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If someone wants to watch a past VOD and it's been past 60 days or more, it's usually deleted. But, we can change that by letting streamers/creators have an option. When a VOD gets deleted there should be a trashcan/uploading feature on whether they want to delete this VOD or let it be uploaded again for another 60 days.

Or, if that's too much for the streamers to deal with; then there should be an option where chatters can easily vote JUST for themselves if they want to see this VOD again or not, they can also go back and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many times when watching VODs, you just want to see the highlights without watching the entire thing. This would make it easier to stay up to date on your favorite streamer or get a feel for a streamer you're interested in watching.

An elegant way to be able to do that could be with a histogram on the progress bar based on chat frequency.

A competitor recently implemented histograms on their progress bars based on most watched parts but given that the majority of watch time on Twitch is live and uninterrupted, having it based on chat would be more…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After making VODs it's difficult to find one from a specific date. We need a sort option for date streamed, date archived, ect.
    Clips have this option but not videos.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please fix so that the sound in vods aren't out of sync. All of my recorded vods get unsynced even though my sound is perfect and in sync while I stream. This is a clear bug and I've seen it on several channels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This is a complaint not idea I got done with a four and a half hour stream just for something completely out of twitch’s control to lose all my progress although hope hadn’t been lost yet because I had enough footage of it to make a video out of it so I looked and looked for the stream I had just ended and couldn’t find it. I then got help from discord and still couldn’t find it. Eventually I watched a 20 minute long YouTube video about how to get your vids to save to your account and the video…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am using a translator for korea

translation:
    Currently, VOD function is too weak on Twitch. From now on, I hope that the
    VOD function uploads VOD to my followers and the alarm goes on. Also, I hope you can write a comment there and sponsor it through the beat. If you add these additional functions, I think you need a new commercial action in this way, such as which video had advertising revenue through VOD analysis, and how much you received if you had a bit sponsorship function above.

original:
    현재 트위치에서는 VOD기능이 너무 쇠약합니다. 앞으로 저는 VOD기능에서 팔로워들에게…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a mod I get access to watch unpublished vods of the past streams that the creator I'm modding for has done. What I don't get is why the chat is not visible when watching these unpublished vods? If the chat were visible, it would make it so much easier for us mods to look back at certain points of the stream, and give reports to what has been happening in a vod without everyone else given access to it.

What I would love to see is:

• Full chat on unpublished VODs.
    • A time marking feature visible for mods and…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow streamer to mute VOD sections and re-publish to be sure the mute is in the correct places (the auto-muting is quite often off the mark).

Giving the option to mute the section in the vod while live would be awesome as well. For example, when playing a game that has copyrighted music in it we could easily start the muted section just for the VOD without muting in the live stream. This would be particularly helpful for playing games that have copyright music in the soundtrack which is safe to live stream but not to have stored in the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, if you have a link to a deleted VOD, there's no way to find who uploaded it. This is very annoying. Say you have an old saved tab with a VOD you were watching. You open it, and it's deleted. You have to guess based on the saved title (if you have it) of the tab who you were watching.

A solution to this issue would be making deleted VOD pages contain the name of or redirect to the channel that uploaded them. Or alternatively just adding an optional (to not break existing links) param to the URL pattern…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pouvoir sélectionner sur la page des VOD de voir du contenu uniquement si nous sommes abonnés à la chaine ou du contenu dit "gratuit" c'est à dire non abonné aux chaines.
    Cela permettrai de filtrer ce que nous pouvons ou non regarder, et aussi de savoir quel créateur laisse ses rediffusions sans abonnement et/ou avec abonnement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please allow filter to remove "Not Interested" streams when browsing VODs. If we're not interested in their Live stream, we're not interested in their VODs either. It makes it tougher to find new content while browsing game category VODs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In this most recent age the unpublish feature is really helpful but in order to clip, highlight and even watch the VOD you have to publish it first. Which defeats the purpose

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch needs a stripped back youtube-esque library section for creators to upload their stream vods or edited videos. Most creators use youtube to upload their past and current content, however the trend im seeing recently is that most genuine creators are fed up with youtubes algorithms and minority of toxic members spreading hate and hurtful comments. If Twitch could create this idea i think it would revolutionize their platform and they would be able to somewhat compete with youtube for content creation. Thanks for listening to my idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When streaming for the first time twitch should ask you if you want to add it as a VOD. If yes then it should bring you to settings so you set it as a VOD after streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When reading chat messages on VODs, scrubbing through the vod shows only the chat messages after the point where you scrub to. Would love to have previous chat messages stay while scrubbing through the vod the same way that feature works on desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The thumbnail preview for scrubbing through vods is so inaccurate, and it sucks to use for people that need to find specific points in vods.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transforms VODs into IPFS, they will never be deleted and with nft.storage you can upload files with 31GiBs or use ipfs.io 👍

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When you normally watch part of a vod, close the page, then reopen it later. It remembers where you left off. If you were to instead watch a vod by first selecting a chapter, if you close the page and reopen it later, it brings you back to the original timestamp of the chapter selected. I wish it would remember where I left off instead.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?