Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. You make no effort to tell new streamers that we can save our streams to always be watchable. I just lost an ENTIRE podcast episode over 1 hour long because of your confusing and quite frankly HORRIBLE interface. If there was a way to recover your old streams this wouldn't be an issue, but you make 0 effort to even tell us we can do this or provide a way to recover streams. If you can help me recover it then email me, you have my info. But, as of right now I'm incredibly embarrassed and disappointed because you made…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow top/hold to increase playback to 2x on mobile and desktop. YouTube recently added this feature and it’s great for speeding up specific parts of a video on the fly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello,
    I have a feature request concerning VODs (so it concerns both categories, I chose the second one, just because).

The user YHCHKN_ proposed a great idea with his 'Watch Later' feature
    but I still considered my idea worth being shared to come in addition to his.

As a big twitch consumer, I have many VODs from many creators that I would like to watch. And in place of having plenty of tabs of these VODS waiting for me to have free time to watch them, a dedicated feature would be more than useful (not only for me I hope).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It took me a very long time to find out where to actually find my markers when I do use them on stream, because they are hidden away in the highlighter section. Would you consider adding stream markers to our VODs so that they are 1. easier to find and 2. Even easier for us to make clips from our VODs rather then having to go into the highlighter first then finding where the marker is from there!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would love to have a mod I trust edit a clip for me and export it to YouTube or tiktok.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would be nice to be able to select a frame from the vod preview as a thumbnail for the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an option to have your messages not show up on VODS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. the feature for having VOD only streaming tracks so things like music can get cut out was awesome, would be super cool to be able to have "stream track" and "VOD track" for software like OBS to implement controls for, which would be super useful to cut things out of the VOD such as sub goal overlays for uses like editing VODs into youtube videos that look cleaner

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Occasionally, I will be watching a stream live and I need to leave before the end. I will then pull up the vod the next day but the length of the vod is somewhat of a spoiler. I am suggesting a feature that hides the total vod length behind a spoiler toggle. If the toggle is off the true time of the vod is displayed, otherwise it will obfuscate the true length and show the current play time as "latest" or 0:00 like a livestream.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It should be possible for a streamer to break the vod/start a new vod without restarting the stream.

We might need to delete the start of a stream but leave the rest of the video being recorded to

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When watching a VOD, every couple of minutes a batch of ads plays. That's fine. However I often have the VOD running in an inactive window while doing other stuff. After the ads, the VOD doesn't continue playing unless I click the window. However, even if it just finished a batch of ads, the same ads will run again before the VOD starts back up. God forbid I click away from the window because it will do the same thing again without ever starting the VOD. To be honest this feels scammy towards the advertisers who pay you to play…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sería bueno que no sólo podamos recortar en trozos de 15 minutos nuestros vídeos, sino que pudiésemos elegir a poder ser el minuto exacto donde se producen los recortes, o si esto es muy complicado indicar tu mismo que trozee en X minutos exactos, por ejemplo en 60 minutos, o 30 minutos, porque lo de los 15 minutos se queda muy corto para gente que tenemos directos muy largos.

Incluso esta ventaja la podéis ofrecer para los afiliados o parnets para así alentar que consigan ese grado en twitch.

Saludos y espero que os guste la idea. Muchas gracias.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sometimes subscribers aren't fast enough to clip a live stream; currently subscribers cannot clip from VODS on channels that have enabled sub-only archives.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This isn't the place for this but there is no place for it so it must spill over. This in and of itself is concerning.

You're automated systems have been notifying me about deleting "vods" and changing my account settings. I use my channel to store security footage and run radio station. Security footage that is required for police investigations is sometimes uploaded to YouTube. So if anything you have deleted content that is was being used in a police investigation. I just wanted to let you know, I'm not super concerned with it, I believe the incident in question…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi,

Your support said me that "From September 1, there will be a small change in the VOD retention periods. VODs will remain saved for 60 days for most partners as well as Prime and Turbo users. For affiliates and other streamers, VODs will remain saved for 7 days before being deleted."

Why are you doing this ? To be affiliated takes time, a lot of time. You have to keep your spirits up and fight.

There is nothing worse than having a page without vod when you come across a streamer. It's empty, it doesn't make you want to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sometimes when I'm watching VoDs there's a part where the streamer disconnected, and a placeholder screen appears (the NotLikeThis screen, from what I informed). When the streamer reconnected in the VoD, the people in chat appears to still see the streamer as being disconnected, and seems to notice the streamer going back online a few minutes later. After that, the chat and the video is out of sync for the rest of the VoD, with chat reacting to events that happened several minutes ago in the video.

After browsing around and witnessing multiple streams from my favourite streamers, it turns…

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please fix so that the sound in vods aren't out of sync. All of my recorded vods get unsynced even though my sound is perfect and in sync while I stream. This is a clear bug and I've seen it on several channels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This is a complaint not idea I got done with a four and a half hour stream just for something completely out of twitch’s control to lose all my progress although hope hadn’t been lost yet because I had enough footage of it to make a video out of it so I looked and looked for the stream I had just ended and couldn’t find it. I then got help from discord and still couldn’t find it. Eventually I watched a 20 minute long YouTube video about how to get your vids to save to your account and the video…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am using a translator for korea

translation:
    Currently, VOD function is too weak on Twitch. From now on, I hope that the
    VOD function uploads VOD to my followers and the alarm goes on. Also, I hope you can write a comment there and sponsor it through the beat. If you add these additional functions, I think you need a new commercial action in this way, such as which video had advertising revenue through VOD analysis, and how much you received if you had a bit sponsorship function above.

original:
    현재 트위치에서는 VOD기능이 너무 쇠약합니다. 앞으로 저는 VOD기능에서 팔로워들에게…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It seems a lot creators play more than one Game per Stream. But it's just possible to tag the VOD in 1 categorie, even maybe streamed in 2 or 3. And even if they change the category while streaming, the VOD will have just 1 category.
    So if users search in the 2., they will not see the VOD even the creator streamed that game too.

That's bad for the creators who miss potential new followers and bad for the viewers who maybe miss a good stream.

If I search for VODs in a category, I wanna see all fitting…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?