Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. When watching a stream sometimes your ads just show up when u posted an message. My suggestion is to have an automatic icon in front of the name that shows the streamer a viewer is currently watching an ad so they can wait with replying

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Steamers should be able to toggle ads on their streams instead of being forced to have ads that they might not want or even profit from

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There's currently very little information on how Display Ads actually function in relation to standard video ads. Creators have zero way of seeing revenue from them vs. standard ads.
    Do they replace standard fullscreen ads? Do they appear according to ad schedule settings?

If these appear in addition to normal ads, why would anyone use them, especially when we have no idea what they're worth to us as creators.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. hi i really would like to pay for turbo experience once every year or half-year just like normal subs + a discount on the multi-month turbo just like a normal sub will be really nice. why because i don't like to be charged every month i would rather sub for multi months and cancel then renew it again manually

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I assume this is a bug a not a feature you are rolling out. Stream I have muted in the background UNMUTE themseleve when ads run and then return to muted state after.

This is in Chrome. Please fix this, its both annoying and invasive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pre-roll ads after raids were supposed to be disabled and they are not.

Many of my viewers and people coming in via raid are reporting getting ads.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don't get why Twitch breaks there own TOS rules with Ads -- by showing *** cheeks which is against TOS -- and you ban streamers for this infraction

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I just got 2 ads on iPhone twitch app that was just audio. It did not interfere with the stream video, but the ad audio went over the streamer’s voice just like an video ad. The audio just ran in the corner with a small button. This is the best ad feature I’ve seen in a while. Please do not remove it anytime soon.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. People should get a reward for a set number of adds viewed fully on twitch say 2 free subs for a gold member who views a target amount in a time period
    Would get your add revenue up loads

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. stop showing me nickelodeon ads, im not 12 years old ffs

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Not sure why but I keep getting ads in Spanish. My language is set to English and I am located in the US, so a bit confused.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ads are getting too much aggressive these days. At first they don't bug me that much because it usually plays when I enter the chat and doesn't play much in mid stream. But now it makes me less interested on watching channels that I don't have subs. It feels like I get them every 2 mins. It's like it's forcing me to buy a subscription. It's really frustrating. The platform is for entertainment but I'm getting less interested going further on watching. Also when there's an error pop up on the stream to refresh the video. Instead of streaming is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. So that for instance if in my tastes i dislike, say, ed sheeran i can signal that dropping multiple ads about it in a row is hurting my experience to the point i'm leaving doing something else.
    I'm otherwise not that annoyed by the occasional ad, esp. about something new.

Feature could be made available after showing a certain count of the same ad

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It sounds like the viewer won't be rewarded for participating in multiplayer ads. When one plays and bits are unlocked, I feel that it should count towards how many bits the individual has cheered. It adds a bit more incentive to doing it and also helps now that ads for bits are gone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Showing Ads while the streamer takes a 1 min rest or so by the choice of the streamer.
    That will increase the Ad revenue to the streamer and to Twitch as well.
    but, it has to be a minimum of 1 hour between each Ad display so that it would be acceptable.
    Regions based Ads are better in that situation, by a click of a button by a streamer an Ad will display for a maximum of 1 min then display the streamer screen afterward.

upvote for the idea to mainly benefit small streamer.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No small streamer should have to think about dealing with pre-rolls. It hinders growth and discoverability. It's likely that most small streamers are just starting to figure out how to retain an audience. So having to juggle between bringing new people and keeping those who were already there is an unnecessary job that only brings more anxiety.

Affiliates (or maybe just streamers with less than 10 simultaneous average viewers or so) could have a lighter ad schedule. For example, in order to disable pre-rolls, streamers would need to run 1min30s of ads every hour. That would be a good way…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please stop spamming the COVID ads. We get it. All humans "should be vaccinated." We don't come to Twitch to talk about stressful topics - unless it's an OP NPC. Please...enough with the COVID ads!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When on mobile (and sometimes in browser), sometimes you click on a stream, watch the ad and then if you have to minimize the app for whatever reason, or swap between streams, there should be a "cooldown" on the ads for the channel. If I JUST watched the 30 second ad on a channel and accidentally hit the back button or closed the app, I have to re-watch that 30 second ad every time I join the stream again. It would be great to have a cool down on the ad refresh rate, so that it can be easier to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When switching to Mod view on a channel, it will sometimes run an ad, even if I've just loaded the page watched an ad and switched to mod view.

When going into Mod View, it shouldn't roll an ad, which, in some instances I've switched to that view at the request of the streamer, which I then loose details from the streamer due to the ad roll.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've noticed an increase of prerolls being applied repeatedly even after you've viewed it at a channel.
    Currently preroll ads will increase latency and disrupt the normal playback speed of the stream when the ad ends. This then leads to viewing issues which the user might try to fix via pause/play of the stream or refresh the channel. This however brings up another preroll ad and the cycle continues for a few more times.
    Prerolls needs to be 15 seconds or less, 30 seconds ads are simply far too disruptive and long to be viable for channel discovery, let alone…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?