Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. Seemingly, nine times out of ten an advert will play the second you view a stream and I believe this strongly deters people from watching.

If I see a streamer enjoy and click their stream, I am all but guaranteed an advert before I even start watching. My general reaction is to immediately close Twitch and open Youtube or turn on the TV.

I'd rather be watching the streamer I opened Twitch for, but I don't want to immediately have an ad the second I join any stream. Using television as an example; there are plenty of adverts, they're annoying,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I can't even watch anymore. Something has changed, far far for the worse. So many unskippable ads, they are insanely lengthy. Like, I watched 2 minutes of ads before the stream would start, and then it bugged out and just showed a PIP icon. Then after waiting a while, I refreshed, and was treated to four minutes of un-skippable ads. That would be six minutes of ads, for less than one minute of seeing the content creator.

There is no way to modify or adjust which ads I see.

If I were to consider buying an ad-free subscription - I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How about we don't have 3 minute ads before we can enter a stream? Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The absurd excess of advertising on Twitch has become a growing source of frustration for viewers and content creators. The constant stream of ads interrupts the viewing experience, harms the interaction between streamers and their audience,
    and often leads users to resort to ad blockers, negatively affecting revenue. It is essential that the platform finds a balance between monetization and user experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is there a way for users to specify the placement of the new vertical ad format somewhere else besides between the chat and the broadcast window? Is there a way for streamers to move it to the left of the page (like under the follower bar)? Or is it locked to the right-hand side of the frame? With the entire page in dark mode the brighter adverts are little distracting and makes it difficult to read chat when streaming on smaller laptop screens or mobile.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you are going to force us to keep seeing ads, at least give us, as viewers, more control what kinds of ads we see. Like, on Youtube you can choose to give them info like location, age, gender, interests, etc. so you won't be shown ads that are obviously directed at a group of people you're not a part of.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I participated in the Ads Incentive Program since it launched, but kept it at 1min/h throughout the entire time. With the recent updates, that option has been removed - the new minimum is 3min (!!!). Twitch is not a show on TV, the content is not paused during ads, a LOT can happen and be missed in 3min.
    We hardly get anything out of running ads if we don't participate in the AIP.

Please bring the 1min Ads Incentive Program option back for everyone :C

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adidas Ad is ridden with flashing lights and *. I don’t understand how the **** got approved in the first place. I understand you guys have to make money but for gods sake have some regulations against flashing lights

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a 10+ year twitch user, it's sad to see what has happened to twitch in regards of AD spam. I sometimes think is it bugs out with the amount of ads I see.

Is it really necessary to spam the same ad every time I try to stream hop? That's how I have always used twitch. I don't stay on a single stream for long every time I use the website.

The worst of it all is when I'm trying to see other perspectives of gaming tournaments. Shouldnt there be a timer to not seeing the same ad? I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Small Channel barely growing up but I have a very solid circle of viewers who are willing to support the channel by watching ads since they are not able to subscribe and here comes twitch placing a soft ban on my ads. I understand that they're trying to engage with real viewers but nothing gets more real than the friendship I have with my viewers and the support that they have been showing the channel so please twitch stop interfering I'm trying to grow as a channel I'm trying to become successful like every other major channel that you guys…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. From the latest blog post: "First, we’re updating the way disabling pre-rolls works for channels. Running three minutes of ads per hour in any way will disable all pre-rolls — they no longer have to be split into 90-second ads every 30 minutes."

I feel like this is not enough. I dislike pre-roll ads on Twitch, both as a viewer and as a creator, because they discourage checking out new channels. I understand that ads are necessary for Twitch, but they're not necessary for me, so I suggest giving creators four (or more) options:

• 180 seconds of ads/hour with a…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently the only way to review ad incentive agreements per month is by taking a screen shot and comparing it to the revenue stats for ones Twitch channel.

However if there ever is a dispute between payouts and incentive agreement, relying on screenshots is going to be a weak argument (since they can easily be photo shopped).

Making it possible to view past ad incentive agreements would benefit transparency and would help if there ever was any kind of dispute.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I get 30 seconds mandatory ad after refreshing stream which froze and after refreshing another 30 second ad. I get that you are you doing your best to capitalize the most outta this platform but could you please chill just a bit with the frequency, I'm already doing my best to boycott every product you are trying to force down our throats.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. If a scheduled ad is going to run right after a raid, there should be a way for Ad Manager to automatically delay the ad run by an amount of time (5-10 minutes), so the raiders have an opportunity to see the streamer before that ad break.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why am i getting a 30 second Amazon Music Ad re-playing for every single ad i get?
    Also why am i even getting ads while I'm subbed at all?
    I've tried it with out ad blocker and with ad blocker, same results.
    Except without it i get constant super intrusive ads floating over the stream screen blocking the content I'm trying to enjoy.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think streamers should be making more for ads that are run. 3.50 isn’t enough for 1,000 views most ppl are just starting out and it’s not fair to them to not even get 1000 views.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add an alert to the alert system streamers can configure that will kick off a use-defined period of time before a scheduled ad break begins. That way everyone knows without doubt that a break is about to happen. The streamer can pause or at least be aware that the ads are happening and people are missing content, and the experience will improve for everyone. Streamers who don't want the alerts could simply not use them, of course.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we please have a grace period of at least a few minutes before automated ads run again after the stream crashes? It is highly annoying when the scheduled ad sequence starts from scratch and messes up the whole timing of breaks, not to mention how annoying it is for non-subbed viewers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i work to get affiliate, then get told if i run ad's i'll get paid for them... where the F is my ad revenue? cause i've run ads according to you system and have been paid 1 time, and that was on a stream i didn't have ads activated for. so should i just stop running ads to get ad revenue?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?