Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

320 results found

1. It's stated that Partner Support is allowed to help with ONE name change, and nothing else after that. As well as previous partner names not being re-released into the cycle of usernames for people to have. What I don't understand is, if these names are not being re-released into the public, why can't I have my old name back or have support help me change my name back? It just seems very silly to have to jump through 100 loops to have a name I used for nearly 2 years back if they're not going to release it anyway. Even…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A large number of bot accounts have been following me to an account of a friend of mine and then deactivating the account.
    They only activate accounts when they are harassing me.
    When I try to report them, I can't even report them because they are already disabled.
    Blocking and banning cannot be done from the screen because they are disabled as well.
    Account deactivation is being abused.
    In addition, accounts that have been followed and deactivated cannot be retrieved in the Twitch API's "Channels/Followers", so it is not easy to take action against the account in question.
    We would…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For those who are not familiar with Passkeys:
    Passkeys are a modern security standard supported by leading companies such as Google, Paypal, Apple, Adobe, Nvidia, and Amazon(!). Instead of traditional passwords, they rely on cryptographic key pairs and digital authentication methods such as fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, PIN, or pattern. Passkeys offer a significantly simpler, faster, and more secure solution compared to conventional passwords.

Twitch, a platform that thrives on live interactions and promotes them, could greatly simplify the login process for users by introducing Passkeys. This would not only improve user-friendliness by minimizing the tedious entry of passwords but…

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello Twitch team, There are many Romanian streamers who complain about the servers, we cannot have a very nice stream because the drop frame increases, the bitrate decreases or fluctuates. Specifically, in Romania we have a speed of 1000MB/s upload and download.
    I come up with the idea and the proposal to make 1-2-3 Twitch servers for Romania, there are so many servers all over the world, but not in Romania. Please help us too.

All my esteem and respect.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The password requirements are truly insane for the average user. I shouldn't need a password so secure that it'd take years to *****, I need a password I can remember. This is a streaming site.

If a streamer wants a super secure password, they can make that themselves, but imposing insane guidelines on people who just want to follow a few people is super annoying.

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Per the twitch policy, inactive usernames are recycled every 6 months. With that said, I have been vigilant for 3 years, attempting to acquire a username that has been inactive since its existence. This username is not someone that all ppl would want. its actually very similar to my twitch username minus 2 letters.

I would like the team to follow through on the policy and actually release the inactive usernames so that the streamers that actually put in work can utilize them for their own benefit, in turn for the benefit of the company

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhancement Request:
    User can have the functionality/ability to create and change an Alias Name, separate from the User/Streamer name as long as the user has a Twitch channel.

For example
    User Name: JohnConnor
    URL: www.twitch.tv/johnconnor
    Alias: Jonnor

The Alias Jonnor can be displayed in the profile, in his channel and the Channel Explorer list on the Twitch homepage. And this is optional, the user can display the username as usual, or the Alias name.

This is very similar to social networking platforms, where users have their usernames and nicknames apart.

In addition, to avoid problems in the community, aliases must…

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'M SORRY FOR WRITING IN CAPS ON PURPOSE! WHY DO I HAVE TO CONFIRM THAT IT'S ME WHEN I LOG IN EVERY ******* DAY?! I LOGIN EVERY TIME FROM THE SAME PLACE, FROM THE SAME DEVICE AND EVERY ******* TIME I HAVE TO GO TO THE ******* EMAIL, GET A ******* VERIFICATION CODE AND CONFIRM THAT IT'S ME. I'M ******* SICK OF IT!!!! FIX THIS **** ALREADY!!! HOW ABOUT THIS IDEA?!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please stop automatically turning off notifications for streamers I haven't watched for a while. At the very least, either give me an option in the email to revert the changes, or be smart enough to know which I have manually re-enabled so as to stop making them part of the next wave. I'm not on Twitch often, but I like knowing when certain friends are online, and it drives me absolutely crazy to have to go seek out each person from a long list of subs and manually re-enable the notifications every time the algorithm decides I don't need them…

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When a user makes an account under Settings > Security and Privacy Have the user request for age verification to few streamers that are marked as 18+ this will lower the chanses of having a viewer under the age of 17. not saying it will stop it 100% but it will help ID the users that are over the age of 18.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please can you add a button in the follower list that deletes all of the follower bots, I'm using a follower bot remover but it would be cool to implement this directly in the website

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As it currently stands, Twitch Partners are not allowed to request Partner Support to change their alias to anything below 4 characters. I know that I along with multiple other Twitch Partners have ran into this issue when contacting Twitch support to try and remove extra numbers or special characters from our names. It has also been equally as frustrating for me and these other Twitch Partners when these name changes are continuing to be offered to the biggest Partners on the platform, but smaller or mid sized Partners are still rejected when they ask.

My suggestion is to allow…

515 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If a user has passed away, and this can be verified with an obituary or a death certificate, it would be nice if Twitch could auto-cancel any subscriptions coming from that channel, and give the channel a special badge that indicates that this user has passed away, or change the bio to say "Legacy Account" in front of whatever has been written in the bio (if anything), or above the username.

It may even be nice to add a comment section so people can leave a nice memory, sign a guest book, so to speak (this could be moderated by…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think I just got shadow banned. The only thing that tipped me off was being invisible in chat all of a sudden. I checked, and no formal actions have been taken against my account. I am careful to follow community chat guidelines, and it's a big deal to me to be a positive presence in chat. I don't use abusive language or bots. I don't spam. I don't even stream, I'm just a viewer. Shadow banning is illegal in some countries, so I'm going to look into statutes around this to see if it's even allowed in the US.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have to go through **** to remove Twitch suggested **** channels from recommendation list. It **** me off to no end that I have to play this stupid game of searching for the channel from browse menu to hit 3 dots to say not interested. IF YOU PUT IT IN MY RECOMMENDED CHANNEL LIST LET ME CLICK IT RIGHT THERE AND END RECOMMENDATION! FURTHERMORE I AM GETTING REALLY SICK OF TWITCH PUSHING HALF NAKED CHICK CHANNELS ON ME! **** PUSHERS!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. overlay for partnerplus progression , if we could have an over link to add onto our streams so people can see our progression towards partner plus that would be a big help , at the moment there isnt really a way we can show our viewers how far we are coming along

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Having a way of creating folders for groups. for example currently on the left sidebar when it shows channels live the list can span off the menu. Therefore, I am suggesting a way you can create folders such as 'Roleplay Channels' and then you can drag all those streamers into that folder. The side panel would then show a folder which we can colour or when hover displays the name to which can be expanded, to show the streamers within the folder.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allowing users the option to display preferred pronouns next to their username in chat with out an extension would be a welcoming addition

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello! I welcome the new Twitch guidelines and support people doing their own content, as long as it's labelled properly.

Having said that, where I can see Twitch improve upon in terms of safety is something that Sony did a long time ago for PSN accounts: If you're under 18, your Twitch account has to be a mandatory supervised account by another Twitch account that's over 18. That way, anything M-rated and labelled with suggestive/sexual content could be forcefully filtered out for those supervised accounts and when the user turns 18, they get an option to remove said restrictions. It's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?