Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

51 results found

1. I would like to see the ability to toggle notifications for our followers.

Sometimes I don't want all my followers to see I'm going live, especially on days where I may stream multiple times. Some days I would like to go live without sending out any notifications.

Admin audit: added in additional words to title, so it's easier to find/understand idea from title alone

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Most advertisements you get in emails at least give you the option to unsubscribe. I know what games and I'm not interested in free loot or whatever. The world has too much click bait already.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please stop automatically turning off notifications for streamers I haven't watched for a while. At the very least, either give me an option in the email to revert the changes, or be smart enough to know which I have manually re-enabled so as to stop making them part of the next wave. I'm not on Twitch often, but I like knowing when certain friends are online, and it drives me absolutely crazy to have to go seek out each person from a long list of subs and manually re-enable the notifications every time the algorithm decides I don't need them…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to have an option that whenever you are live, and you change the category of what you are currently streaming, that new "go live" notifications (push, email, etc.) are sent out to followers. Even if it takes several minutes for these notifications to go out, it would be beneficial. There are times when a certain game (or category) is being streamed that followers might not have an interest in watching, but should you change to a game (or category) that they might be interested in watching while you are already live, having new notifications being sent out…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a viewer, I would like to be able to receive a push notification when any streamer goes live in a certain category, or with certain tags, or both! I love finding new streamers to watch, and this would help me discover more of them.

Oftentimes, there are less popular games or categories which will have low numbers of viewers, who are very dedicated to that category. If I'm a viewer who loves an older game, I would have no idea that someone new has decided to try that game unless I already followed them (or happened to be browsing…

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I still want to see when my friends’ channels go live but I don’t want notifications for reruns. I’d like a separate option to disable that.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently if you have smart notifications on, you'll get a go live notification on Twitch for a few seconds and then it disappears. While on mobile, your notifications stay until viewed due to how phones work.

I would like all go live notifications to go into "My Notifications" so you can actually see who recently went live from anywhere on the website.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notifications are great, but not when you're at work. It would be great to have the option to set time frames to either receive notifications or to not receive notifications.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When you select the "Prime gaming loot" button to the left of the notifications button, you are shown a list of notification of the possible loot to claim and for most you are able to clear these by clicking on the 'x' and it disappears but if it's the last of these notifications clicking the 'x' does nothing.

This was seen on chrome, ever since that tab's been updated to show the "All", "Free Games" and "Ending Soon" tabs

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notifications are consistently failing its purpose, they notify users that we are live after 4-6 hours, this is terribly detrimental and force creators to use third parties to allow their communities to know they are live, also impacting their success and by extension, Twitch's success.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. streams that happen later that day or night. obviously it would depend on streamers making the notifications but i think they would since it would probably help with the lull of not many users watching when they first go live. also would be cool for the people watching, since they'd be more likely to catch their favorite streamers when they're on, since they can see that they will be and plan their day or whatever accordingly, instead of having to hope that when the streamer goes live, they happen to be able to watch the stream right then.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This happens frequently, If i follow a channel because I want to check it out or see when its online the notifications are automatically enabled and then ill get a notification in the middle of the night

Added bonus if I then want to disable the notification on that channel I have to sit and watch an ad because it blocks the controls for this. So im either watching an ad at 4am or I'm likely forgetting and getting another notification the next day and getting woken up again.

note; would be mitigated if we could only get notifications during…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to receive a pop up notification when I watch in full screen that other streamer I follow started his stream.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When using Chrome and clicking on the Prime Loot menu, you can use the X to close out each individual item under the "For You, Games, Ending Soon" categories, but you can never clear the list completely. Whatever item is the last item in the list, it stays there and you can't close it...ever. This is really annoying to us OCD-ers. Please allow us to close out all the items and display an all caught up message just like the notifications area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notifications right now hijack already opened twitch tabs instead of opening a new one. This is annoying especially if i'm watching a VoD. I would like for there to either be an option, or for it to just open a new tab like Youtube does it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. What would be nice is a notification with a sound, like skype when you receive a message and also when you have the chat open and someone write something it tells you

When someone sends a message, seeing (1) so you dont have to leave the twitch page open as it's what i have to do if i wanna see who wrote something ! So my idea

In other words to simplify when someone in my friend sends me a message i dont see (1) and a sound that someone sent me a message would be nice !

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I wanted to see the people who gifted me a subscription but it's not possible because the notifications disappear. I would suggest creating a space to see the subscriptions received.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide a means of alerting users of notable and significant changes to Twitch as these changes go live. Something similar is in place for creators and moderators in the form of the "What's New & Feedback" icon, but this does not always cover every change. People should be alerted to all changes, even cosmetic ones, especially if key features would be affected.

In particular, it would be good if there could be an option to sign up for a mailing list for announcements made via the Twitch blog as well as updates to the Community Guidelines. This would be especially…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice to receive notifications when my clips are deleted by the system (with an indication of the reason) or by a streamer.
    Sometimes it is unclear whether clip violates the rules or simply failed to create.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?