Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. When linking your twitch to your discord, it auto gives subs to subs that have linked their account, now what would be good is that if this also could happen with VIP's!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. SO when we join after a long time or was insecure about twitch when joining you may wanted to see your twitch account and when you joined or want to change your birth date. i was thinking if you changed your birth day then if you were verified then it will remove it or we can have a 1 time pass where you can change your birth dayonly one that's it

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When an account gets banned it doesn't have access to the connections pannel anymore and so we can't unlink accounts (such as Steam, RiotGames or Epic Games accounts etc.) from it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To help users manage security for their accounts: I propose the Settings > Connections page should list the specific Permissions (or OAuth scopes granted) For each account connection.

And there should be an "Edit" button. Instead of completely revoking a connection: We should have the option to Remove or withold any granted permissions/scopes of a connected app that we want On this menu.

There should also be some options to block/remove some of the requested permissions on the page at the time when initially authorizing a connection.

I propose that the Highest-risk permissions which Apps can request be made so…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ask your programmer that runs the IFTTT twitch department to create an applet that will "post to facebook and or twitter when a Streamer starts streaming to a community you created."

This applet would become a very powerful tool for community organizers/administrators to promote their communities streamers! thus bringing in more viewers to the twitch platform and streamer while easing our work load!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a kind of bug report.
    When I connect from Discord to Twitch,
    Discord didn't appear in Twitch connections page.
    https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections
    As a result, when I'm streaming in twitch, my Discord status doesn't turn into "Streaming".
    Of course I enabled streamer mode.

This issue seems to occur for seven years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/4jv325/status_doesnt_turn_purple_when_streaming/
    One of my friends also failed, but the others succeeded.

I solved this by repeating reconnecting until Discord appeared in Twitch connections page.

The connection processing should be reviewed.
    This issue is not from Discord to Twitch, but from Twitch to Discord.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If someone has my email, phone number (optional of course), twitter username, instagram username, snapchat, facebook, youtube, or discord id etc, I would love for these people to be able to find my twitch profile with in the twitch eco system and not have to leave the site to try to find me
    Every other social profile I've had in my life time, has had an option to "import" contacts, I would love to see this be a native feature on twitch to help organic discoverability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Many sites and developers will request ridiculously over-broad permissions when establishing a new connection. At present this can be worked around by altering the URL to trim excessive permissions, but is a hassle for sites that require re-authing every few days.

Adding checkboxes to each of the requested permissions to allow account-holders to remove over-requested (data-scraping) permissions and unsafe permissions would alleviate this greatly.

The only risk would be the third-party site erroring if an actually-used permission is deselected by the end user, while enhancing privacy prevention and user control to slap away over-invasive marketing data collection attempts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dans connexions je voulais me connecter a steam et j'ais eu "impossible de se connecter" alors j chercher et j'ais vu en tout petit Firefox a bloquer une fenetre popup et quand je l'ais ouverte c'étais la connexions a steam, si vous pouvez juste rajouter a coter de 'impossible de se connecter" vérifier si votre naviguateur ne bloque pas la fenetre popup ou quelque chose de se genre... sa faciliteras pas mal de personnes et pareille sur YT j'avais essayer sa ma mis erreur avec google en disant que mon mail n'étais pas connecter mais quand j activer la fenetre…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the linked game accounts visible, if I link one of my 2 or 3 Riot Games account i want to be able to see which one is conncected and possibly have a switch between them. That would avoid people to claim objects on the wrong account as it happened to me and loose 1 hr with the support to ask to change the accuont of the reward, thing that they are not able to do.

1: Visibility of system status

The design should always keep users informed about what is going on, through appropriate feedback within a reasonable amount…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a shared Twitch channel and we upload Highlights to 2 different YouTube channels. It would be incredibly helpful if we could connect a Twitch channel to 2 YouTube accounts at the same time.
    At the moment, the only thing we can do is manually connect and disconnect both YouTube channels every time we want to upload a Highlight to the other account.
    Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Twitch authorization of viewers that are also Patron supporters. This will solve the confusion of supporters that do not use Twitch account names as Patreon account names. Also a special badge would be very convenient to represent even the viewer that is a Twitch sub & a Patron supporter.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 希望效率能够更快一些,我是第一次领取掉宝物品,但是对我的感觉不太友好,都三个月了获取到的掉宝物品,还是没有到我连接的游戏库存了,对于第一次接触的twitch来说,感觉上当了,掉宝活动只是一个吸引流量的一个噱头。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Que aparezcan todas las conexiones de twitch con otras cuentas por que no aparecen todas y no puedo eliminar una en especifico que quiero

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?