Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

330 results found

1. Allowing users the option to display preferred pronouns next to their username in chat with out an extension would be a welcoming addition

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Having a way of creating folders for groups. for example currently on the left sidebar when it shows channels live the list can span off the menu. Therefore, I am suggesting a way you can create folders such as 'Roleplay Channels' and then you can drag all those streamers into that folder. The side panel would then show a folder which we can colour or when hover displays the name to which can be expanded, to show the streamers within the folder.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello! I welcome the new Twitch guidelines and support people doing their own content, as long as it's labelled properly.

Having said that, where I can see Twitch improve upon in terms of safety is something that Sony did a long time ago for PSN accounts: If you're under 18, your Twitch account has to be a mandatory supervised account by another Twitch account that's over 18. That way, anything M-rated and labelled with suggestive/sexual content could be forcefully filtered out for those supervised accounts and when the user turns 18, they get an option to remove said restrictions. It's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allowing users to complete the Affiliate Application by using their Paypal or another method that doesn't include sharing their SSN would be a major step privacy wise.

If someone's SSN gets stolen, it can ruin them financially for years to come or even for life. This is why we are told never to share that number. Having a work around where we can file the taxes ourselves without having to give out our SSN to Twitch or Amazon would be beneficial to all involved and would help reduce the chances of people getting their SSN stolen.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Хочу добавить номер телефона, но не получается пишет
    "Ошибка подтверждения
    Произошла ошибка. Повторите попытку."

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello, I am new to this platform, my Valorante Changers drop pendant is only one minute away from picking it up, but I missed it, can you replace it? Thank you very much.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Similar to how sub role is inegrated to Discord, hopefully follower/unfollowed would also be implemented or making discord server only accessible to followers

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The password system in twitch has me put beyond disbelief. I have truly never experienced a more horrific security protocol; it is almost comparable to the password game, which was created as a joke. I would like to suggest some changes.

1. scrap the existing system, unfixable.
    2. make a three character minimum; this is all that is necessary for actual security increase. People who take their privacy seriously will act accordingly.
    3. Allow special characters. It is genuinely baffling that as a company you made the conscious decision to decrease the amount of usable characters in a password.
    4. Get rid of whatever…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to suggest changing the username length policy to allow usernames that are 3 or more characters long instead of having a 4-character minimum. This already exists for some channels, like AOC, but it would be great if it became something that other people could do, too.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a great day!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. hola , estoy teniendo un bug que no puedo borrar emotes ya borrados del ordenador, estos emotes aparecen en mi chat nada mas, y lo pueden ver y mandar mis seguidores aun, a traves de la aplicacion movil, la solucion que me proponer es desconectar twitch para android , y luego borrar datos de navegacion en el pc y en el movil, a lo que hice muchas veces y no tengo solucion ante ese bug, su respuesta fue "infelizmente no podemos solucionarlo", es un emote ilegal para el canal quisiera borrarlo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Proposal to Delete Inactive Twitch Accounts

Twitch is one of the most popular streaming platforms for video games and other content. The platform offers a wide variety of channels and streams that are visited by millions of viewers around the world.

A current issue with Twitch is the number of inactive accounts. According to estimates, up to 30% of all Twitch accounts are inactive, meaning they have not been used in over 3 years. These accounts can distort viewership numbers on Twitch and lead to misconceptions about the popularity of channels.

Proposal

Twitch should delete inactive accounts that have not…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please consider adding a new feature called PassKey for an even more secure way to log In to your account on the Twitch Mobile App on iOS. PassKey allows you to login to your account without a password instead you receive a text with a code on your mobile device that you use to log In. Please consider adding this additional more secure login feature In a near future update. Please!!! Thank You

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Many reasons against waiting 2 months to be able to change to ur username again, but I am curious about why is this even a thing????
    -I am trying to find the best username for me and the one I have right now I ended up not liking
    -Losing followers from the name change and still have to wait 2 months
    -Trying to even find a decent username is so long n difficult so the second u change it u have to wait 2 months.
    -I really can’t think of any reasons on why this is even a thing

Also…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 months ago, I changed all of my usernames for privacy reasons. Now, I’ve changed every username back with the exception of twitch. Twitch is apparently only allowing you to change to new usernames, and if you want your old one back, you have to wait for SIX MONTHS. This is absolutely insane. This is completely awful for my branding, and I’m sure is for others. Having a unified brand everywhere is so important for establishing an online identity, and requiring half of a year if you want a previous username back is an absolutely ludicrous policy, especially when this…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to, as a viewer disable/turn off getting drops in my account options.

I do not need or want them and having to see the notification and click a few times just so I can get rid of them is frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Estoy sufriendo algo inusual, he detectado en 2 canales, que aparece que el contenido esta restringido, a pesar de no tener baneo en esos canales. Es mas en uno de ellos soy moderador por mas de un año. Los canales en cuestión son el de CamiloR9 y el del creador Kalahard_...en ambos me aparece dicha restricción y no tengo baneos o algo por el estilo. En el primer canal que les indico soy moderador.Me pueden ayudar con esto?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. https://prnt.sc/2gjd88H_hguw

Bu kişiye özel mesaj atabilmem için ilk önce bana mesaj atması gerek. Ama önce atmasına rağmen mesaj yazamıyorum?

In order for me to send a private message to this person, he or she must first message me. But I can't write a message even though he sent it first?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. my idea is that support should either have a discord server so users can get evidence to why accounts are banned or support should actually send in the tickets the evidence. streamers like me getting banned for "violent hate speech" but no evidence to support the cases and ive tried appealing twice but both times rejected with no clear reason

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Team Issues
    Team Name:79 Legion
    Team Abbreviation:79LEG
    Twitch account to edit the team page (only 1 account):Mikudance79
    Page URL* i.e., www.twitch.tv/team/79Legion
    *This cannot be changed once set

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Creation  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is a feature I saw eBay use a long time ago when it came to separating Adult Materials from the general categories. I think the same opt-in method can be implemented with Twitch. Users can select/deselect this option from their accounts.

When Enabled, viewers can search for, find, and view streams labeled as having Sexual Themes. This feature could be implemented on both the Website and Twitch App (Android, iOS).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?