Chat/Messaging

Chat/Messaging

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would appreciate a very helpful feature for a lot of streams.

Feature/Requirements:

1) Make verifications and a verified status available for every user
    2) Mark verified users with a badge on the profile page
    3) Mark verified users with a badge in the chat
    4) Implement a /verifiedonly chat mode
    5) Link multiple accounts to the same verification

Pros:

With the above mentioned features Twitch would become a safer and nicer place for everyone.
    With the option for users to verify their accounts with their ID card, driver's license, or Amazon account and a chat mode for verified users…

2,327 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

87 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The chat replies feature may be cool for some specific reasons, but most of the time is not helpful. The thread it creates is also hard to see compared to normal chat messages. It would be nice to be able to toggle this feature on or off. Similar to how you can turn off nigh mode

317 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve released an update today that addresses some of the feedback in this thread:

• You can now once again highlight and copy messages for easy translation, raid message organization, and general copypastas
    • Clicking into the chat will not immediately open the reply function. On hover, the reply button in the top right of the message will initiate the reply

As it’s been a few days, curious to hear whether the initial feelings and experiences have changed!

Update: https://twitter.com/TwitchSupport/status/1294378462451572746?s=20

3. Completely get rid of the chat replies/thread feature and end the experiment.

192 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Raids and hosts I feel as a streamer help out people, although streamers should have their own amount to show in chat. Personally I am one to have all raids show up no matter how big or small but recent update caused only raids over 5 to show up and I feel it should be up to the content creator. Maybe make it a setting inside your channel settings. Feel this would be a easy implementation to channel settings as well.

51 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I been seeing a ton of people raiding under 5 viewers as due to a recent change, they don't show up. I feel that that little action that says "all raids " in the settings under channel should be all raids, not only 5 or more ( if it is gonna be 5 or more maybe make it a setting "5 or more raiders" . I feel streamers should be the one to choose if this is a change is something for their channel.

That's my personal opinion I just feel horrible not seeing someone raid when and due to…

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For people who are trans and/or non-binary, letting streamers know your pronouns in chat so that your gendered correctly can either be awkward or difficult. An option for people to add their pronouns in brackets beside their usernames or in their profile cards in chat might help to let the streamer and/or chat know if a user feels it's important.

498 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

What do I suggest to deal with the problem is to…

112 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2759 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Yo, I think my emote would make a great replacement for PogChamp
    https://twitter.com/YerLocalSenpai/status/1347061751976583173/photo/1

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Currently there's MANY sub badge tiers, and in most cases streamers are forced to make them look like some sort of "progression" because they change as the sub changes. This often results in a large portion of chat (the longtime subs) all having the one same "final" badge.

The idea here is to remove that uniformity and no longer force creators to make their badges progression-based. Simply add a per-channel badge selector for subscribed channels that allows the user to select from all badges earned up to that point.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please get some community feedback on how this should be added, modifications to chat greatly impact every community.

This idea makes sense, and I welcome and encourage it. This will be useful for mods and broadcasters to easily show they've responded to a question or concern, group bot replies and overall improve the chat experience, but its current implementation is messy. Consider reviewing the user experience that this holds. Although early and only a snippet of what the FrankerFaceZ maintainer has done, here is a prime example of a much better integration you could have:
    https://twitter.com/SirStendec/status/1293255682070913027

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The channel points right now are just based on streaks and time spent in a chat. What would make it perfect is the ability to award your viewers or entire chat with an amount of points you choose as well. If it were possible to award points yourself in addition to the twitch integrated method of earning points it would be perfect.
    For example:
    -I could choose to award the whole chat 100 points each when we get raided.
    -I could choose to award a specific viewer 50 points for telling the best joke.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My name in twitch has been fine for years but a newly added term has been added that makes my name offensive according to your system. This has some unintended consequences, such as stopping people using mentions directed at me or using my emotes. I recall an old server in a game I played having banned variations of "****" in chat, thus "ridiculous" ended us being banned. If a legitimate word contains a banned word, should the legitimate word be banned too? Obviously not.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AYUDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Due to an extremely large amount of streamers getting trolled to the point they no longer want to stream, I feel that if someone gets banned/blocked from a streamers chat then they should no longer be able to even view the stream. When the troll types the streamers name into the search bar then that streamers name should not appear, just like how it works on any other site. Allowing the troll to view the stream can still cause stream sniping and other things that gives the troll the incentive to troll and harass even further. Im speaking from experience…

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Twitch should create a chat badge for editors, such as VIPs, administrators and moderators. It can be a square with a pencil inside, for example

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Making it so banning will remove the persons follow. Maybe make it so if they have been banned for over 30 minutes it auto removes the follow and blocks them from following again. Maybe also putting a little notification that shows up in their notifications that they have been removed from following ( username ) due to a recent ban in that stream. Then it would have a timer with the amount of time left before they can ask for an unban request and if accepted regains their follow age.

Thanks in advance for looking at this , LinoYeen

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you want to make it easier for users to follow a conversation (which is a good idea, even if this implementation seems messy), let their @ mentions be a separate tab that they can click into and see, rather than cluttering the main chat experience.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat Replies (experiment)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. To turn on or off the timestamp for chatmessages is a great feature but, it's very annoying you can't select 24 hours format. Please add an option to select between 12 and 24 hour time format.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like to have the ability to enable an option where new viewers to a stream can see previous messages posted in chat. There are times when viewers may come into a chat, but have no context, with what the streamer is discussing as they are unable to see previous messages in chat. There are also times where regular viewers may have to temporarily leave the stream, but then when they return only a little bit later, they are unable to see what was previously posted in chat. I know other streaming services, such as YouTube and Mixer, by…

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A chat badge to identify yourself in Twitch chat as a developer.

144 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?