Chat/Messaging

1. Give an option to remove "deleted messages" from view entirely.

You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to close chat on mobile

Because it's only available on PC and sometimes I prefer to close it when watching certain channels.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Rework/redesign Chatter List with options of what to show/not show.

With recent outcries against the innocuous "lurk bots" being seen in the chatter list I had the thought that it may be time to rework the list functionality a bit and provide some options to the broadcaster of what is shown in that list.

This would help the broadcaster (and others looking at the list) to see what they want to see, without unnecessary information that may not be helpful overall.

I suggest the following changes:
    * Full rework of the list in functionality and use.
    * Offer options in settings on the type of data that is displayed.
    *…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the ability to embed a specific chat room

Right now you can only embed the stream chat, it would be great to be able to embed a specific chat room.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. New Chat Mode Concept - Gaming Team Subscribers Only

I’ve had this idea in my mind for a while now, and I really felt like sharing it with you. Imagine I’m subscribed to a specific stream, I for example now choosing TSM_Daequan the fortnite streamer. So this guy is a steamer for tsm, such as many other popular streamers like Myth tor Hamlinz. So my idea is a new chat mode, that allows your own subs AND subs of your gaming team streamers to talk in chat. This could be a pretty relevant mode, and will increase the cooperation between twitch streamers. For example, if I was just watching…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ban from Viewer list

make it so when an account is banned from a stream it stays banned in viewer list too. As a mod for a streamer, they get uncomfortable knowing said person they banned is in viewer list, and the bot running on viewer list for commands keep saying their name.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Block users in VOD chat

Currently, you cannot enable chat on videos if you don't want to see some really undesirable comments. We need a way to block users in VODs or just by going to their profile.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to clear chat automatically once it reaches the bottom..

On smaller channels, it is often not a problem reading chat and it in fact works quite well. However, when you tend to watch very popular streamers, it can become a struggle reading chat. I therefore propose the idea of integrating an option to clear chat automatically every time it reaches the bottom of the side bar. This way your eyes can read the chat very easily, since it will be stationary and not getting pushed around by the incoming messages. Would be very easy to program and would highly enhance the watching experience.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Show streamer/mods passive and active mods present

Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chats activity shown on VOD's timelines.

Everytime something funny or cool happens on the stream, chat goes crazy with emotes/messages. Usually bigger streamers stream for 4-8h, so it's hard to find time to watch the whole VOD. I think it would be a good idea to show chats activity on the VOD's timeline, so you could quickly check best moments of the stream, without spending majority of your day watching it. For example it could be represented with bars like music on soundcloud or somethinng like this.
    Thanks for reading, hope it havent been suggested yet.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make full screen mode with chat hidden not log out you out of chat completely

Yeah for some reason you thought logging you out of chat during full screen mode (with chat hidden) is a good idea. Well, you miss every message written during the time you were in full screen.
    It just shows you the "logging you in to chat" message when you turn full screen off and shows nothing written during that time.
    And I don't want the chat showing in full screen mode, because it limits the stream screen size.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Replace (common) shorturls with their full URL or just ban them to fight abuse

Please add an opt-in or opt-out feature (preferably the latter) that will detect common shorturls like bit.ly, tinyurl.com, etc and either replace them with the full URL they link to or just give the user an error message saying obfuscating shorturls aren’t allowed.

Right now, there’s a well-known issue of people posting malicious URLs with scams, IP loggers, and just self-promotional crap.

I don’t know how much Twitch does to blacklist malicious URLs, but an option to ban seemingly normal shorturls would be a big help and make it a lot harder for scammers and self-promoters.

This is what I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Extended Moderatortools

I need buttons before the name with not only 10min timeout but also 1sec (just for deleting message) and 1day time-out etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. User Images in IRC chat

Adding User images in IRC chat and allowing a setting to disable feature (compact mode) Bringing the IRC chat to a more modern UI, also having the image URL in the IRC object would allow for chat bots to not have to make API calls just to get the user images and cut down on requests or channels that have over 100 viewers, Each api request is 100 user capped so if a channel has 1000+ users it is a lot of strain on the application and API for anyone attempting gather user images through API calls

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow streamers to set a limit on the number of people that can send messages chat.

Since twitch has grown in size, many people have realized that streamers can no longer engage with their community the way they used to. Even with subscriber-only mode turned on, due to the massive increase in twitch prime subs, most long time streamers' chats are still filled with spam. You should give streamers a mode that limits the amount of viewers that can talk in chat, giving priority to those who have been subbed the longest(including or not including prime subs), and then those who has been following the longest. This gives people who have been watching a streamer for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please provide more accessibility options.

I have problems with my vision, so reading chat is often pretty rough for me. In the past, I have been able to get around this by utilizing the vast chat appearance options available in FFZ, but Twitch's new chat has severely limited these options. Please either let the old FFZ back into the current chat or implement your own appearance options, but something really has to be done here.

If some of these options are available, then I apologize, but they are not apparent how to access them.

Thanks so much!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Visible chat/whispers character limit

It would be very helpful to have the current hidden character limit shown just like on twitter or similar websites, and not be able to send the messages when they are too long, instead of giving us the illusion to have sent them successfully when it is not actually the case. Both in chat and whispers.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat input is delayed

I'm not sure if this is channel-specific, but most of the times on go.twitch.tv, your chat input takes a while to show up on the chat box when you submit it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add an option to remove or hide Emotes from Crates

I have some emotes from crates that I don't want , there should be an option to remove or hide them from the emote menu at least. thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DM character limit

Twitch has imposed a 4,000 character limit for DMs. It would be extremely helpful if there was a counter with the composition window that showed a user how many remaining characters may be typed in a message before that limit is reached.

I learned of this limit the hard way; one time I clicked 'Send' on a message, only to get a screen with a red box across the top of it informing me my message had exceeded the character limit and my message hadn't been sent. Unfortunately, the text of that message was lost too.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Chat/Messaging

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base