Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

966 results found

1. BTTV/FFZ/7TV all have that option to resize the font of the Stream Chat, as well as an option to make emotes bigger or smaller on the client, all on the client side.

This would be a very welcome change as a lot of details on emotes are often lost, or become much harder to read with how smaller they become otherwise.

This is also a good accessibility upgrade for those with poor sight like I have or those playing Twitch on bigger screens, as the main font in twitch chat is much harder to read otherwise.

I do know that…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Implement hiding of channel emotes in emote selector and/or ability to reorder them. We are subbed/gift subbed to many channels and bloating the emote selector. This allows users to hide unused channels or reorder them to reduce time it takes looking for emotes and improving chat experience by not missing a moment to respond due to looking for emotes.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I can't close the "your watch streak" notification on the rewards & challenges button. It is covering up a lot of the list and serves no purpose to me after seeing it once.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Many streamers have their bots use emotes. Currently the streamer needs to gift their bot a subscription in order to do this. However, this seems wasteful and unnecessary since the bot isn't using any video bandwidth and therefore causes limited costs to Twitch.

Twitch should give emote access to all known bots, and for bots that use custom accounts (such as MixItUp bot) allow the account holder to mark those accounts as a bot (with Twitch regulating this by only allowing those "bot" accounts to view chat and prevent those "bot" accounts viewing the actual video content of streams so…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If someone Whispers to you, but you change your username before replying, you can end up being unable to write back, with a message at the bottom:

"This user has turned on "Block Whispers from Strangers" in their privacy settings and must start a conversation with you first."

Thus, you end up with people writing to you and wanting an answer from you, but you can't write back, even though you should be able to, as they did started the conversation first.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I know Twitch says the feature seemed to cause a decrease in viewership during their testing, but there are so many other factors that can affect that and many streamers who got to try out the chant feature really enjoyed it. I think it’d be better to make it an optional feature rather than remove it entirely, and let people decide on their own if it works for their channel.

589 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The most recent update removed chat on playstation, bring it back

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support right to left text alignment when typing arabic and english text at the same sentence.

As example:

السلام عليكم يا jon لدي بعض الاخبار لك
    In this example, some text came before other text, when translating the above sentence we get:

"I have some news to you jon peace be upone you mr."

The above sentence should be in the same order as this:

لدي بعض الاخبار لك jon السلام عليكم يا
    When we translate this sentence we get:

"Peace be upone you mr. jon, I have some news to you."

As we can see those two examples have…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please remove new unnecessary whisper restriction that demands phone number. Why did twitch do this (never had problem before today)? My account is verified and I'm in the midst of preparing my stream. Now I'm locked out and cannot do anything. This is a nightmare as my contacts are now uncontactable. What genius decided this was a good idea? Fire them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow streamer to control what powers moderators have over their stream/chat/bans/unban requests/stream settings etc. After the recent change where banned users are forced to unfollow the channel, moderators have too much power over channels and hold enough power to destroy a channel. I do not feel comfortable modding users after this change, but my chat lacks enough moderation due to this issue.

Hacked mod accounts or vengeful mods have the power to ban all users in a streamer's follower list, thus forcing these followers to unfollow the streamer. Banned users also mean an unfollow. This gives mods extreme power that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the rugged wilderness of my homeland, I stumbled upon an article discussing the emerging trend of using drones in animal hunting. Intrigued, I delved deeper. The story unfolded, revealing how drones equipped with high-resolution cameras and thermal imaging technology were revolutionizing traditional hunting practices. No longer confined by terrain or darkness, hunters could track elusive prey with unprecedented precision, ensuring more ethical and sustainable hunts. As I pondered the implications, visions of conservation efforts and wildlife management danced in my mind, reshaping my perspective on the intersection of technology and nature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have users blocked yet I can still see their message if themselves as a mod or the streamer pinned their message.

Blocked should not be able to see a user whatsoever, pinned or otherwise. This seems like a major bug in the chat system that to show toxic users which could set people off by seeing their username even just by pinning their username and message. In the terms where the streamer doesn't do anything with toxic users against other users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch just updated the ps4 console app and now chat isn't accessible to those who don't buy smartphones! Super good! Thanks Twitch!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd request a feature as following:
    Remove the VIP status of a user if this user gets a ban.

Sometimes VIPs change and they need to get banned. So it would be helpful to represent that people who violate rules might loose their vip badge.

This feature would enable mods to remove the VIP badge from users, which would be really helpful and much more easier to do in general.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There are a lot of streamers out there who say creepy unhinged things about children, and make jokes about harming them or SA'ing them and the streamers do nothing about it. I think if a user says something out of line like that, and the Streamer does not ban them, then the Streamer should be banned from streaming.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Objective: Introduce a native, fully interactive, customizable full-screen chat overlay to enhance the Twitch user experience.

Current Issue: Third-party extensions for full-screen chat are not universally adopted, which leads streamers to embed chat in their broadcasts, detracting from the full-screen content experience.

Proposed Feature:

A native, interactive full-screen chat overlay, adjustable for transparency and screen positioning.
    The ability for viewers to toggle the chat overlay on/off based on personal viewing preferences.

Key Advantages:

Delivers a seamless full-screen experience with interactive chat, a core part of Twitch's live-streaming.
    Unifies the viewer experience across all streams, ensuring everyone can use the chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Community Invites💡 : Interaktion steigern auf Twitch!

Hallo liebe Twitch-Community,

ich hoffe, es geht euch allen gut! Hier ist Claus, aka p2zee, und ich möchte eine neue Idee für unsere Lieblings-Streaming-Plattform mit euch teilen.

Was haltet ihr von der Idee, dass Zuschauer ihre Freunde direkt über den Chat zum Stream einladen können? Stellt euch vor, ihr gebt einfach /invite [Freundesname] ein, und schon bekommt euer Freund eine private Nachricht, dass ihr ihn zum Stream eingeladen habt! Das könnte nicht nur die Interaktion verbessern, sondern auch für mehr Freude auf der Plattform sorgen.

Mehr eingeladene Freunde bedeuten mehr Leute auf Twitch,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Twitch.tv because its HAVES VS MODE ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dear Twitch Execs,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my concern regarding the recent introduction of "Hype Chat Pricing by Country" on Twitch. While I appreciate the efforts to cater to a global audience and acknowledge the need for regional pricing adjustments, the current implementation has resulted in significant disadvantages for many currencies.

The new pricing structure, as illustrated by the statistics below, reveals a consistent 30% increase across various tiers:

$1-Tier costs 1.20 EUR, equivalent to $1.30 (30% increase)
    $5-Tier costs 6 EUR, equivalent to $6.52 (30.4% increase)
    $10-Tier costs 12 EUR, equivalent…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?