Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

551 results found

1. Having an option to limit what character typesets can be used in chat.

For English stream, it could be limited to ASCII-95 (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Programming/ASCII)
    If a character was used outside of this typeset, the whole message would not go through.

Any variation could work on this.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The New Shared Ban Info feature should have a section to show the reasoning of the ban in a channel so the mods know exactly why the user is suspicious. It makes it difficult for us mods to know why the user is banned if the reason is only being shown in the chat they were banned in and not the suspicious user box in our chat.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Although we enter notes with the new unban system for deny or approve, these aren't shown in the Bans or Mod Comments in the User Card - please have these shown here as well for good record keeping. Additionally, including when a request was submitted and who approved/denied it would be useful, it is only shown in Mod Actions at this time.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  4. Sometimes streamers just want to "restart" their career. Clear Mod Actions history for him and his mods is a good way to forget old people that got banned, or doesn't want their mods to see the old bans and other actions that can be unconfortable for them.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. When the streamer is trying to do something and you post something you wanna delete you cant delete it yourself if ur a mod so Could you guys add it?

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Do not require phone numbers to be a verified account.

I just tried to chat and because I do not trust twitch with my phone number, especially after they got all their data leaked, I couldn't.

I will not be giving it to you, this will quickly create a have and have not situation where people will be unable to join in with chats and thus leave your platform if they either do not have a phone or do not wish their phone number to be sold, given away, profited from or leaked.

Do Better Twitch!

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My name in twitch has been fine for years but a newly added term has been added that makes my name offensive according to your system. This has some unintended consequences, such as stopping people using mentions directed at me or using my emotes. I recall an old server in a game I played having banned variations of "****" in chat, thus "ridiculous" ended us being banned. If a legitimate word contains a banned word, should the legitimate word be banned too? Obviously not.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. Implementing a flagging/warning system would probably be too complicated, so in the meantime I regularly add "Keep an eye on" messages via Mod Comments as a reminder to myself and also to inform other Mods that a user has been flagged because they caught my attention - just not negatively enough to warrant banning them right away.

It would be nice to have a Log/Record of Mod Comments being added to a User Card because there's no way of knowing unless a Mod specifically communicates that they did so, or you happen to find out by opening the specific User's…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  9. A few words can be used for good or bad in many different contexts. When we get a message on a good context and we allow the message, we are adding the word on the permitList which can be dangerous if used on a wrong scenario.

Example: ***.
    Good scenario: My sleep schedule is *
    ** right now.
    Bad Scenario: This streamer is ******.

If the good message comes first and then the bad message, the second message will not be blocked by automod.

Idea: having a third option, other than accept and deny message, on automod to allow…

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  10. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow mods/streamers to know/see if someone is actively trying to get around the channel's banned word list. For example, if we ban the word "test", it would be helpful to know if some is franticly typing every version of that word like "t e s t", t3st", "t3$t", etc. If we use a bot like Fossa, it will quickly nuke the message and the streamer is likewise able to hide moderation dialogues in chat so they are none-the-wiser and not affected. We're at a disadvantage with default twitch.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be nice to be able to see a redemption history for each channel point redemption, as there are certain channels that only want people to redeem certain rewards once, and a history can be a way to check if a user has redeemed it before. (also add the ability to clear the history per reward)

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  13. With the addition of customizable chat verification with emails and phone numbers as listed here:

https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/

Users who don't pass those verifications are still able to gain channel points and interact with chat by redeeming channel points that don't require a message.

There have been hate raids that utilize these channel point redeems because they show in chat even when sub-only or emote-only chat is on. They include hateful words or doxed information in their usernames, and with this bypass they're able to show that in chat.

Please prevent these unverified users from gaining channel points, or at the very…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Any account under x days/hours should be flagged for the broadcaster/mod to allow/ban to talk.

This will help with bots/raids/trolls.

Setting needed: Input for how strict the caster wants it.

Why not just use follow/sub only mode?

I'm not looking to restrict good people in my community. If I can get a person to make an account and talk with them, that's a win for the community.
    But I still want to find a way to filter out problematic issues that could come up.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This is similar to the idea of banning abusive troll users at a certain IP address, https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310201-chat-messaging/suggestions/7956255-ip-ban-from-channel.

In that request, a Twitch dev gave the following reasons for why such a ban would be hard to implement:

1. IPs change. A lot. A broadcaster might lose a significant portion of their audience, and viewers might get confused if there are a lot of banned IPs (such as universities).

2. System load. Looking up a enormous list of IPs to see who is allowed to watch on every single video play is an enormous system load I’m not sure we’re willing to…

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. Would be super helpful to have an ad-break widget in mod view (for channel editors) as I currently have to switch between stream manager (for ads) and mod view (for cleaner/more accessible UI).

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  17. =The Idea=

Have a toggle switch in auto-mod options for streamer to opt-in or out.

If opted in:
    Any accounts that were banned in 3 other streamer's chats in the past 72 hrs will have their messages auto-held until approved.

If opted out:
    No change from current moderation.

=Uses=
    - Chat bots from follow websites would have all their messages held after 3 streamers ban them. This will prevent a significant amount of spam from follow bots and not allow their messages unless the streamer opted out.
    - General trolls. Some people like to join chats just to harass streamers.…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  18. In the sense of IRC's +m channel mode, only moderators and higher would be allowed to speak.

Useful for:

Announcements
    Aiding in spam cleanup
    Crowd Control

This, I think, would be essential to mods of event streams, and other high traffic channels.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. Please log the held restricted/monitored messages from suspicious users like automod comments are logged.

Due to the nature of a lot of traffic in large channels, messages in the Suspicious Users widget in mod view expire leaving banned users logs empty with only the message prompting you to go to the mod view widget and who banned them.

This potential oversight not logging the actual message could lead to another mod seeing a user banned for no reason if the banning mod fails to leave a mod comment or the offenders username isn't an obvious tell to a ban evader.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  20. The TL;DR - allow the option to turn off the highlighting of restricted and monitored users, while still having their messages viewable in the suspicious user activity widget.

The new "Suspicious User Controls" feature, while having a lot of potential, currently works in a very counter-productive way. "Restricted" users are notified that they are being restricted, however their messages still show up on both the broadcaster and moderators vision - with an additional highlight. For automatically flagged users this makes sense, but whats the point of manually restricting an account when you could just ban them instead?
    This feature would…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?