Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

540 results found

1. The current value for timeouts is 600 seconds. It would be helpful if this number could be adjusted in moderation setting. When the Timeout button is clicked in chat, the user would be on timeout for the adjusted amount of time. Example: In Moderator Settings, change 600 seconds to ten seconds. When the Timeout button is used on a person in chat, they will be on timeout for ten seconds.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello, thank you for implementing the recent phone verification feature. That has been really helpful, along with all the other safety features you have. I am a small streamer who is dealing with a harasser/doxxer who regularly makes new usernames and comes into my chat to drop my real name and address. The phone verification has prevented him from doing that in chat, but now he comes in and whispers my dox to everyone on my viewer list. The following would be very helpful in preventing him from doing this in the future without disrupting my growth as a streamer:

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. I really like the new monitor and restrict tools introduced today for ban evasion detection! I did some testing of using monitor and restrict for general moderation, and there are three improvements that would dramatically improve their usability and impacts:

• Please add the ability to add a reason for monitoring a user's messages, the same way that /timeout and /ban have a [reason] field. This will let other mods know what kind of monitoring they should be doing. An example for how I would like to use this is: a user who is toeing the lines of rules in the…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. An option to mass-flag when messages of the similar nature hit the chat.

Options needed: Check for "similar messages" and flag after x messages

This will be helpful for unwelcomed raids.
    Yes, this will also hit "friendly raids" as well but it gives the power to the caster to remove hatful/unwanted messages from the stream before it even hits it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Random Twitch users are granting Moderator roles to my friends and I. We are not associated with the random Twitch users' channels nor communities. However, we are now forced to be linked to people who use terrible language and put others down. There is a link internal to Twitch and if somehow we found ourselves in these awful channels, we would be seen as Moderators.

It does not matter if we are not followed to these channels. It does not matter if the random Twitch users are added to our block lists.

We need a safety feature that prevents random…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. The new Modview UI update that just rolled out has a really inefficient use of space. The offline/stream session bar at the top that is fixed and 90% blank is a complete waste of space. It should be moveable like the widgets so we can place it where we want it, and minimisable so it can just be on the sidebar like it was previously. The gaps between the widgets has also doubled, and that is also all just wasted space, it was completely fine before. Trying to use modview on something like a laptop was already a space compromise,…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
    Relevant Update  ·  Ana responded

Thank you for your feedback.

For context, we had two problems we were trying to address with this UI update:

• We have some features planned down the line that will not work as widgets and need a new space within Mod View. While we hope that they will warrant the addition of the top nav bar, we understand that it currently feels like a poor use of space.
    • We have heard that users new to Mod View find the interface overwhelming. Some of the tweaks to the interface were intended to help with this.

With that said, we acknowledge that this update may feel like a downgrade for users comfortable with the density of information presented in the previous Mod View. We’ll be looking into ways to improve the experience for our power users (as well as new) while making room for new features. In the meantime, we have added…

8. Twitch has launched new Auto-Mod settings, and included Misogyny, while failing to include a category for Misandry.

Misandry is defined as; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male ***).

This description is perfect for the failures of Twitch in recognising the hourly verbal abuse and violence that men experience on their platform.

It is worse that this violence against men is completely ignored by Twitch, and Twitch allows it to happen.

I believe Twitch's behaviour is illegal, as they are discriminating against all men based on their gender.

What will Twitch do to remedy this…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. I think that allowing mods to sort the list of users beyond alphabetical would allow us to easily see the problematic accounts, check their chat history and easily filter out problem users. It won't solve the issue of long standing accounts being possibly problematic. That said, those who cause issues are generally using burner accounts.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. Personally, i do not have a mobile phone by choice. I have no need for it, so i'm not going to waste money paying for it each month. Therefor, i don't have a way to verify my login even though i have the authy app, 2fa enabled, and i'm affiliate. They have my tax information, but they won't "verify" me.

The best thing i could think of is if a user has received payouts, give them the same status as if they had a phone. I know a lot of users who stream, but don't have a phone to verify…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hi there! Recently with TLOU2 trolling being a huge issue on Twitch, many troll accounts are spamming channel point redeems with trolly usernames in order to avoid having their messages deleted and getting themselves timed out immediately as you would be able to with normal chat messages. Someone could for example say something offensive using the "highlight my message" redeemable and mods would not be able to act as fast. The shortcut buttons for ban, timeout and delete should also be available next to channel point redeems so action can be taken faster if the user's username or message is…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  12. Had a message come across automod that used the n word, so obviously I denied the message. However, after denying an automod message it is from what I can see lost forever. I wanted to ban the user or at least time them out for a few days with no luck. I feel a sense of urgency with automod notifications so it seemed reasonable to deny it quickly. It would be nice to add denied messages to the log for further moderator action.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  13. Shield Mode should not be located next to the Moderator Sword when switching from Normal View to Mod View. It has cause multiple issues during streamers lives because of its proximity to the Mod Sword.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow streamers and mods to Import and Export terms from the stream's blocked terms list, including duplicates of terms that may already have been entered.

As I'm sure Twitch Staff is well aware, there has been a devastating increase of bots globally harassing creators of many identities. I'm going to assume that the staff is silently working on the backend to minimize the damage being done from these mass-produced bot accounts, but in the meantime creators should have a way to compete with these bots as they come.

This is where the "Import/Export Blocked Terms" comes into play. The individuals…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  15. I would love a button that allows us to allow a message into chat, but not affect the automod blocking those specific terms. Just like an "allow once" button. This would allow for more flexibility in letting people say certain things, without messing with automod's word bank.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  16. I would like to see the ability to disable the follow button awhile Shield Mode is active on a channel. For example, if a hate raid is occurring through follows, these may trigger alerts through third-party systems outside of Shield Mode's control.

The ability to temporarily disable the ability to follow a channel during an attack mitigates this impact significantly.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  17. This would make it possible to pre-emptively ban someone with an offensive username.

It also means that when you get a large number of bots with similar usernames turn up, e.g. Troll1, Troll2, Troll3, etc., adding Troll* to the Banned Names list would stop all variations from posting. But also with an option to ban usernames containing certain terms.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Sometimes the chat experience is impaired by trolls continually and relentlessly creating/using additional alternative accounts to repeatedly circumvent any ban, return to chat, and continue spamming or harassing the channel.

I suggest that Twitch provide an additional set of moderation commands, capabilities, and information in the chat-related APIs and IRC interfaces to assist broadcasters and their channel bots to control abuse in these types of situations.

Some ideas for suggested channel Moderator Commands/Options to Add:

• "Approved" chatters list - A List/Hash table of unlimited size for any users manually approved by a moderator to chat plus a list of all…
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. Turbo users were given options to hide their turbo badges. Why not moderators who voluntarily invest their time & energy to grow communities? That way streamers have options to fight mod-wall effect and see if chat participation improves. Just having that option is really reassuring and helpful for many communities. Currently some moderators would lurk or go through the hassle of logging into another alt-account to chat. Some streamers even have to awkwardly unmod people and mod when needed.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow streamers to pre-emptively ban and block new followers if they include certain words in their username.

This is to avoid follows by bots.

I have been swarmed by bots containing the word "hoss" and it's proving overwhelming.

By implementing this feature as an option in the automod, we would be able to apply a Regex filter preventing these bots from following.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?