Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

541 results found

1. Allow streamers to pre-emptively ban and block new followers if they include certain words in their username.

This is to avoid follows by bots.

I have been swarmed by bots containing the word "hoss" and it's proving overwhelming.

By implementing this feature as an option in the automod, we would be able to apply a Regex filter preventing these bots from following.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. I have over 28.000 bans on my channel, banning about 40-50 accounts per day and have no way to circumvent the targeted attacks because of the lack of geolocated moderation. I need to impose limitations for accounts chatting from a specific country (italy) that's where the hate is coming from.

The only bandaid fix for now is going full sub-only mode which has the downside of stifling channel growth because legitimate new users won't be able to interact at all. Also, I would suggest allowing the streamer to set phone verification requirement only for specific regions to avoid imposing blanket…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The new "banned users cannot watch the stream" might be worth adding to the shield mode system.

So you throw shield mode on and then banned users auto enables if enabled in the shield mode configuration

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

4. Add the chat identity options to moderator view like they appear in regular chat. It is frustrating if our badges get reset that we have to go back to regular viewer to change them. If they were added to the left of the chat box like they are for normal viewers, it would be perfect.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. This would allow moderators to know the active number of subscribers and sub points that the streamer currently has. This would be helpful for events like subathons or when streamers try to make a push for unlocking a new emote.

This information may be more than some streamers are willing to share with their mod team, so this would be something that the Streamer would be able to share if they wanted to. The Streamer would have a setting that would allow them to share this info with mods (default setting would be "No").

For Mods, this could be info…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Currently the AutoMod bot does not allow for timeouts, whitelisting of URLs and more. I would love to drop 3rd party bot moderation tools all together, but the current settings of AutoMod do not provide enough features to make it a viable means for moderation.

For instance, non-vips cannot post clips if I block hyperlinks as there is no way to whitelist the URL for it.

Please consider adding more features to AutoMod.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  7. It makes cleaning up followbot raids and identifying suspicious accounts immediately so much easier. Half the time the bots stop viewing, so you can't pull them from active chat. Being able to click on the username from the Activity Log and ban the user directly is so much more straightforward.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. When a channel that I moderate for goes live, there's two main ways that I load their stream; the pop-up notification at the top right, or clicking their name in the left-side panel. It's a bit inconvenient loading the channel, then having to click another button to redirect to a different page again (/moderator/<channel>).

I think it would be convenient to have an option, maybe a toggle option in Mod Settings in chat, to automatically load the /moderator/<channel> page when you load a channel that you're a moderator for. That way, Mod View isn't forced onto anyone unless they enable…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  9. New channels have MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS to fulfill to gain relevance. Why are there no requirements to become a moderator? they have "POWERS" and FUNCTIONS similar to the OWNER of the channel, and yet there is no filter to make them a moderator.

I want to bring in a requirement for an account to be able to become a channel moderator.

• Requirement: minimum time of account creation, for example, for someone to be able to add another account as moderator to his channel, the account has to be at least 3 days old or 7 days old.

Every day there are…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. re: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/

The FAQ suggests alternatives to mobile verification, VOIP, et al., are not good enough for verification; i.e., too cheap to spoof.

I'm an affiliate in long standing, can that fact not be verification that I can be trusted not to make duplicate accounts? Twitch has my tax ID, I'm pretty sure that they're pretty sure who I am. I do use Authy (and other online services) for verification, but I do not use cell networks ("mobile").

It makes little sense that Twitch has approved Us affiliates to represent their Terms of Service well enough to pay us, yet…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sometimes accidents happen, and a mod might accidentally delete a comment too hastily, delete the wrong comment because chat moved, or just simply misclick on chat.

There's an option to unban, but not to undo deleting comments. The comments are still there and visible (if you're a mod, or using the BTTV extension) so there must be a way to un-delete comments when mods make a mistake.

Being able to undo that mistake would help prevent the mod and the person whose comment was deleted feel bad about the situation, especially because ALL the person's previous comments get purged from…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  12. The list of users in chat is really helpful while also being able to see the chat open at the same time, but people come in, watch, talk, leave, and sometimes their name never appears in the viewer list. Sometimes it does appear but after they've been chatting about 10 minutes. This is not helpful if trolls are returning to make your life difficult. The list becomes invalid.

Please increase the refresh rate of this list.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  13. The broadcaster should be able to see who made changes to their channel, even if they did not have their Twitch chat or mod view open when the action was taken.

These are moderator actions that should be auditable: such as turning on Slowmode or Subscribersonly, or Pausing a channel points redemption category, or Marking a redemption as Completed or Rejected.

Currently there seems no way to figure out for sure who was responsible for the change: if a moderator makes these changes when the streamer is offline and not connected to chat, Or if the information has scrolled off…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  14. I'd like to see the ability to enable unique chat (formerly r9k) automatically when a channel is in Shield Mode.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  15. For streamers and moderators, the ability to add highlighted notes to users' nicks to remember important information they once shared.
    Like gender, birthdays, pets, favorite things...
    I'm a costreamer with my husband and a moderator of his live and others and I really miss it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. On a Hungarian language for channel points and predictions some words are restricted and handled as it would be a swear word in English.

"Vagy" means in Hungarian "or" or "be". I wrote this words in Hungarian:

"Ha új vagy". Means if you are new.

But I can not create this reward as I get this error message: "*This is not compliant with our content guidelines."

Tell me what guidelines is against the Hungarian word "vagy"?

And there are more words which is moderated!

Please remove automatic moderation on this tools ASAP! We can not create proper content for our…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  17. Add channel point completion/refunds to the activity feed.

Occasionally a new or not paying attention mod may complete/complete all/refund/refund all without realising that was the wrong action or the redemption has not been completed.

This allows the moderator to go back in the queue and let the broadcaster know what was completed by accident etc.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sometimes you need to ban someone quickly to removed them from chat (say spammers) and you don't have time to add a banned message.

A popup or similar mechanic that will allow you to easily add a reason after removing the person from chat would be helpful when dealing with unban request or repeat offender after getting unbanned.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  19. While setting up my "permitted terms and phrases" I didn't click "private" when saving and my private information was sitting in the mod action panel with no way (or advice) to fix it. I wish there was a way I could have cleared that one specific action so none of my mods could see the private information I was trying to block.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to shadowban users where they are able to type in chat and see their message, but their message is not seen by anyone else but them.

This will help substantially in reducing cases of ban evading as shadowbanned users usually don’t realize they are banned (if they don’t look into it more, especially in larger channels) and at the same time it will not affect the streamer’s chat

Can be an ip shadowban across accounts. This would be such a helpful feature in preventing constant toxicity.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?