Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1134 results found

1. I am tired of coming onto twitch an seeing so many female streamers posing half naked an making thousands from it. This is not a **** website. There are children who watch this daily giving away there money because they think they have some kind of connection with these woman when they just lie an manipulate there viewers for donations. For example writing there name across there breasts for a tier 3 subscription. Its a despicable act that you allow this on your platform. Also the way you treat your male creators vs. female creators is awful, have some pride…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There should be an option on Twitch to report moderators that are going on power trips and abusing their power. There are some viewers on Twitch who are getting wrongfully and unfairly banned from chats, or are getting sent derogatory messages from a moderator after sending an unban request. If a mod abuses their status as a moderator, then there should be some sort of form that allows viewers who have been unfairly banned and even been picked on by certain mods to send a complaint to have the specific mod in question investigated, even if they don't actually know…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Seeing anything related to suicidal ideation is problematic for many individuals with mental health issues. There are a number of usernames with some form of suicidal reference in the name.

This was used by some people shortly after the hate raid incident to target veterans with mental health issues, such as myself. Now, I continue to see usernames like this, whether targeted or not, and it is not something that should be allowed.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey,

Since I couldn't find a category for it in Support, I will put it as a bug/idea.
    When you don't login into twitch you can simply enter names of "mature content" channels and browse freely.

I tested it on Smart TVs, phones, PCs and went to several known "mature content" (18+) channels and watched freely.
    This means any kid can watch freely that content.

I recommend enforcing it that Mature Content requires Age + Mail verification.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The fact that copyright holders are sending DMCA strikes for people who are listening to music during their stream is absurd. It's commercially absurd. It's ethically absurd and its practically absurd.

First of all the behaviour by publishers is completely against their own interests and is completely ignorant of how people consume content on the internet. This isn't surprising given that these industries are essentially dominated by boomer dinosaurs who used to sell us CDs at 30 dollars a pop (30 dollars in the 90s).

Now we can access any song we want with a click of a button. Most…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With the new Sexual Content and Content Classification rules allowing a greater amount of erotic dances and photography, will there be a way to verify user ages and their consent? I suspect this will need to be revised and implemented, else you could have people coerced into doing erotic dances for subs.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There has to be a better way before going into suspension of an account for something said either in private or public chats. I have experience 3 different people from the LGTBQ+ community be hate reported and suspended for "unsolicited sexual advances" and this being automated is a huge problem as the community can be targeted, you need to have person review this kind of reports before suspending as its not fair for people to get suspensions on the word of a report

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be nice to have the option when reporting someone to have some kind of timestamp feature that would take support directly to the place in the recorded stream video where the incident occurred. That way people wouldn't have to manually figure out the date and time/time zone or even provide a link to photo or video evidence hosted on a third party site.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Account Enforcements page states, "For the most serious offenses, we will immediately and indefinitely suspend your account with no opportunity to appeal." Yet, some users get suspended from Twitch seemingly indefinitely but somehow get their suspensions lifted. Such users need to be kept off Twitch for good, especially if they've been suspended multiple times in a short time frame.

For example, a user named DomDude64 has been suspended twice from Twitch within less than a month (9/25/2021 and 10/19/2021), but according to witness testimony, both times were supposedly permanent, and yet he successfully appeal both suspensions. His record of…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. vr is blowing up and with vr streamers, lately alot of vr streamers have been slipping by some of the rules and its kind of concerning. if you watch most of the streamers youll notice that the content feels more like fan service rather than a reflection to the game and/or personality. i feel like the rules for vr in general should just be more strict since the creations of most of the creators has only been sex related if not blatantly sexual. please rework some of the gameplay guidelines so that vr has specified rules since it is somewhat…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to suggest that viewers be given the ability to ban themselves from channels/streamers/streams that they know are not good for their mental wellbeing, but which they cannot stop themselves from watching if it is available to them.

Similarly to how betting sites allow you to set limits on yourself, to help keep yourself in check, I would like to see users given the power to block themselves from a channel that they cannot resist typically, be it because they cannot control their financial actions, such as donations, or because they feel the channel or streamer in question…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Many streamers are currently being flooded by bots. There are no adequate filter mechanisms such as Captcha or other authentication methods that probe the creation of multiple fake accounts.

Twitch should use a secure authentication method for account creation as soon as possible so that so-called bot accounts and fake accounts can no longer be created in the future.

These bots make it unnecessarily difficult for honest streamers to apply for a partnership. In addition, it is almost impossible for streamers to prove that they have not bought or deliberately used any bots such as follower bots.

Dear community, please…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With twitch taking a large stake in livestreaming as a whole I feel it is best for twitch to branch out into allowing 18+ NSFW content on the platform.

I propose that 18+ content is limited exclusively to verified 18+ users of the site, and is impossible to discover by default - but can be found using a convenient account setting.

In this way ambiguity between certain game content and body painting can be eliminated by defining what makes content 18+ or not 18+

A safe alternative to other NSFW live stream sites can be created through twitch in this…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch's changes to acceptable content this year explicitly created different rules for male and female streamers. Where can we start a dialog about what kind of message this sends to both women and those who objectify/dismiss female streamers?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a database of commonly struck games that links with Game library on the dashboard. Then have a warning that displays when a streamer changes category to a game that is commonly struck by the game's (or music creator's) rights holder(s) so a streamer is aware and ready to deal action AFTER or make plans before.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I constantly get muted audio although I own a license for streaming those songs.
    When I appeal the muted audio it seems like nobody ever cares and unmutes it. And there's even no chance to upload a license to proof that I am allowed to play those songs in public.

Please Twitch, please finally fix this!
    1. Add an "Upload license buttton"
    2. Unmute muted audio when proven that the license is valid!

Especially with the current DMCA takedown situation in mind I truly believe more people would be willing to pay for licensed music to play if it wouldn't…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I know Twitch CEO went over this at Twitch-con San Diego 2019 with some good pluses towards this better chance. I have no idea when that will be implemented into today's Twitch Moderation, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

But anyways, some things he did not mention was these ideas and should add-on or I would recommend a complete overhaul on the enforcement.

• We should be able to see in our own dashboards of previous infractions that are on the account and not removed due to being expired or mistakened suspensions. We, as live streamers, or even users (non-live…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I wanted suggestion that Streamers would be able remove a follower and set it the way he could not follow you again with a time limit or permanently. last year I contacted the staff about follower who refuse to unfollow even he hated me and always came back spy and lose my followers with false facts he never got anything of it. So I wanted to suggest this if anyone has similar situations, to get ability just simply remove the follower yourself and able control if you can follow you again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Controversial yes - strip away the viewer count. Will prevent streamers cheating the system by buying viewers, will even the playing field. And those who don’t have a massive ego, won’t mind as will still see stats.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With this latest TOS update, the only remaining difference between Twitch and Chaturbate is the fact that on the second you can masturbate on cam, which at this rate you will allow in a matter of months.
    A platform that fails to enforce its own rules is a failing platform, I honestly believe that within 2-3 years most serious streamers will have already moved to Kick or YouTube, because there will no longer be space on this platform for their content.
    Over time, Twitch will become a site intended for *********** and will remain only, as it already is now,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?