Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I think that allowing mods to sort the list of users beyond alphabetical would allow us to easily see the problematic accounts, check their chat history and easily filter out problem users. It won't solve the issue of long standing accounts being possibly problematic. That said, those who cause issues are generally using burner accounts.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be very useful if mod logs showed timeout and banned messages under the 'bans' and 'timeouts' tabs so mods don't have to scroll forever though their messages trying to find why a user had a past ban or timeout. Since mods can't put a reason why someone is banned or timed out for every user they moderate. Especially in a high traffic stream.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. While someone has already suggested a channel admin role, it would be nice if the proposed admin has more powers than just adding and removing mods.
    I am the head mod, editor, and essentially personal streaming assistant for a streamer that streams for fun and has a very busy and important life when not streaming. Even though he cares very much about his community and his stream, minor tweaks to things like info panels, adding VIPs, curating the autohost list, adding and removing extensions, telling me how many sub points he has, and editing channel points rewards often fall to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Every game that is released is released with an ESRB rating determining its appropriateness for various audiences. Twitch already collects these ratings when they add new games to the platform.

Now streamers have the option to turn a "Mature" warning for their content, but rarely is a streamers content always Mature, or always all-ages-friendly.

Given that Twitch has this information, it would be a great help to many if depending on which category you are streaming to, it automatically enables or disables the Mature filter based on the ESRB rating of the game.

For non-gaming categories, some could easily be…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi! One of the Ideas of mine I'd love to see implemented which would help a lot of mods/streamers. Starting out It'd really be nice if there were some changes made to the "editors" role and some new roles added to replace some of the "editor" role's current features. For example, it'd be really nice if there was a "Stream manager/adminstrator" role or even both implemented with different privileges. We need a role for Streamers where they're be able to assign people of their choosing (Generally Top mods) to #1, have more access to be able manage/edit the channel and…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I would love to have a toggle-able chat badge or flag we mods could use to mark people that warrant extra watching. New chatters who set our troll senses tingling, or folks who have said problematic but not ban-worthy things, for example. Like the negative equivalent of a VIP badge. The badges would need to be removable, for people who turn out to be okay after all.
    Some problem users disappear when timed out, then show up later after we've forgotten about them or when different mods are around. A chat badge would let them stand out instantly. And paired…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would love if the whole process of reporting someone came with a bit more transparency in regards to what then happens.

When reporting a user today, you're left with the message "Thank you for your report", and that's it. From that point, you have no way of knowing what happens, and you never hear back from Twitch in regards to the outcome of your report.

I would like to suggest that a bit of transparency is introduced to this process.
    If reports were treated like bug reports/feature suggestions, sending us an automated e-mail with a ticket-number attached, it would…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The new harassment policy sounds lovely. But, how can we be sure Twitch will actually enforce it? Many of us have experienced harassment from viewers as well as creators (hateful raids, etc) and nothing has ever been done. How can we trust you’re going to do something now?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Had a message come across automod that used the n word, so obviously I denied the message. However, after denying an automod message it is from what I can see lost forever. I wanted to ban the user or at least time them out for a few days with no luck. I feel a sense of urgency with automod notifications so it seemed reasonable to deny it quickly. It would be nice to add denied messages to the log for further moderator action.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch plans on soft-banning a handful of words in their next policy update, namely "simp", "incel", and "virgin", in an attempt to * down on ** harassment. They say it will only be in cases where they are used as insults but I want to get ahead of this since community outcry is already bubbling up.

Banning individual words that are not slurs not only lumps them in with genuinely harmful words but also encourages an environment where context is devalued. The above three words are usually used in a joking manner, but I worry that shuffling them into the…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The permitted terms that are added do not end up permitting the word to be used in chat. For example, blocking the word "sex" prevents the chat from using the pride emotes that have the words "sex" in it due to the wildcard. It would be nice if Twitch found a way to sort the Permitted Words list and allow it so the permitted words actually allow the viewers to say the word in chat without it still being blocked.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please clarify what term(s) you’re adding to the Permitted Terms list in this example? Are you saying you’ve added “sex” as a Blocked Term, “pansexual” as a Permitted Term, and you still can’t use the Pansexual Pride emote?

13. While setting up my "permitted terms and phrases" I didn't click "private" when saving and my private information was sitting in the mod action panel with no way (or advice) to fix it. I wish there was a way I could have cleared that one specific action so none of my mods could see the private information I was trying to block.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm not a fan of the current way Twitch has it setup for Mature Streams that are marked for +18 Mature, a click of a button shouldn't just automatically grant whoever to watch those types of streams, and so what I propose is a Age Verification system to verify those users are of age before being allowed to watch those streams by using a Digital ID Age Verification system. This would not only properly protect minors and prevent them from watching stuff they shouldn't, but also adult streamers as well.

A simple age verification check would make it so that…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. So currently moderating on mobile you cannot purge a message. I would like to be able to purge a message by selecting it vs doing a 1 second time out like the mods and work with and myself are currently doing.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I'm one of a few hundred people on Twitch who really doesn't want younger kids viewing my streams. The games I play may not be violent, but my language is salty. It is great we have a warning screen, "You know you have to be 18..blahblahblah" happening, but I want to ensure that those who have signed up for an account aren't clicking OK anyhow. I live a PG13 life, and I prefer to have my streams reflect that.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Moderators on the browser and desktop versions of twitch have incredible access to moderation tools such as mod icons, mod view etc. this makes handling larger chat rooms incredibly easy for a group of mods working together.

Unfortunately I, like many others, am in a position where I am a mod for a larger community, yet am often on the go and find myself using mobile twitch far more often than desktop. This makes it so much harder to keep chat under control, as the current moderation process on mobile is utterly laughable. Messages that would be deleted instantly if…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When a channel that I moderate for goes live, there's two main ways that I load their stream; the pop-up notification at the top right, or clicking their name in the left-side panel. It's a bit inconvenient loading the channel, then having to click another button to redirect to a different page again (/moderator/<channel>).

I think it would be convenient to have an option, maybe a toggle option in Mod Settings in chat, to automatically load the /moderator/<channel> page when you load a channel that you're a moderator for. That way, Mod View isn't forced onto anyone unless they enable…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The list of users in chat is really helpful while also being able to see the chat open at the same time, but people come in, watch, talk, leave, and sometimes their name never appears in the viewer list. Sometimes it does appear but after they've been chatting about 10 minutes. This is not helpful if trolls are returning to make your life difficult. The list becomes invalid.

Please increase the refresh rate of this list.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?