Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Anyone is currently able to access deleted Clips and VODs via a Twitch database that is open and accessible via the stream ID. This is incredibly dangerous, as personal information such as addresses, names, employment, etc., may have been accidentally disclosed on stream, and is now permanently saved for the public to access at anytime, even if the VOD or Clip is quickly deleted.

PLEASE close this server access to the public for our safety!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch should offer a more in-depth mental health section that not only focuses on streamer health (i.e. suicide prevention/depression) but also the streamer/follower relationship. Offering resources for those who do not understand that the streamer cannot always respond/ may not share the same feelings as the viewer. Essentially, we need a "how to use Twitch in a healthy, responsible manner" section, to educate all parties involved.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be nice to be able to see a redemption history for each channel point redemption, as there are certain channels that only want people to redeem certain rewards once, and a history can be a way to check if a user has redeemed it before. (also add the ability to clear the history per reward)

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Currently right now if you report a bunch of ban evading accounts , bot accounts you are limited to 50 accounts ( per 30 minutes/per day - it really depends ).

My idea is to allow no limit on reports for partners affiliates and known accounts ( 90 days ). I feel with this sorta arrangement people will be more wanting to use it vs avoiding it.

It would also be nice to be able to get back a message saying what account in question was removed/suspended/actioned on so we better clearly know what account. ( I do know that…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. get a hold of the people that openly say on Twitter that they organize bot spams that specifically target POC and LGBTQ+ streamers

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I'm 14 turning 15, and no adult wants to watch a kid stream, ive been streaming the past 11 months and im barely growing.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love if the whole process of reporting someone came with a bit more transparency in regards to what then happens.

When reporting a user today, you're left with the message "Thank you for your report", and that's it. From that point, you have no way of knowing what happens, and you never hear back from Twitch in regards to the outcome of your report.

I would like to suggest that a bit of transparency is introduced to this process.
    If reports were treated like bug reports/feature suggestions, sending us an automated e-mail with a ticket-number attached, it would…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would love to see Twitch implement a feature that allows Streamers to set up a hard block for users with XX (configurable by streamer) amount of currently active bans.

This feature alone would greatly reduce the serial trollers that do nothing but jump from stream to stream trolling and getting banned.

It would also be great to have a feature that allows Mods and Streamers alike to see how many active bans a viewer has.

Thank you for your consideration.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Twitch community is composed of people from around the world, coming from unique political backgrounds and cultures.

Prohibiting games enforces a specific view of the world to the Twitch community as to what is acceptable or not, censoring content with valuable gameplay and cultural content in the process.

As of this writing, the list of prohibited games are either due to violence, sex, or any game with the "Adults Only (AO)" ESRB rating. While this could be argued to be a good thing for kids, Twitch has already a "Mature Content" flag in its channel settings for this specific…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

14. There is a checkbox in "Channel & Videos" tab of your channel settings, called "Opt out of globally banned words filter".

I had it enabled since I started streaming a month ago. And today I discovered, that it does not work - some words, like "tranny" for example, are still replaces with asterisks to everyone else in chat. I was disappointed.

I despise any form of censorship. When I come to other streams and I see their chat rules "Be nice, no spam..." - I respect the rules. Its their choice. Why can't Twitch respect my own choice to treat…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I guess it would make sense to put this somewhere in the User's settings, but it would be convenient for a user to see a list of all channels that they're banned from chatting in. Channels can currently see all the users who are banned from chatting in their channel, but what about a list of channels that have banned the user from chatting in their chats. This would also make it easier to figure out which channels to speak to and try to get unbanned from.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to mass-flag when messages of the similar nature hit the chat.

Options needed: Check for "similar messages" and flag after x messages

This will be helpful for unwelcomed raids.
    Yes, this will also hit "friendly raids" as well but it gives the power to the caster to remove hatful/unwanted messages from the stream before it even hits it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be very useful if mod logs showed timeout and banned messages under the 'bans' and 'timeouts' tabs so mods don't have to scroll forever though their messages trying to find why a user had a past ban or timeout. Since mods can't put a reason why someone is banned or timed out for every user they moderate. Especially in a high traffic stream.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Card  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Children and young adults are more likely to become gambling addicts when exposed to it.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?