Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1138 results found

1. This should be a simple feature to add, if I blocked a user, make it so that user will not see my channel listed on the directory.

You already have it so a banned user will not see chat, expand this to also cover the directories, so they can't see your channel even being listed on that user account.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. adding a "unjust suspension" option to the appeal or something that let's Twich know the person suspended might've been so without the reason mentioned
    and a proof of reason for suspension.
    my account was suspended due to Fraud when all I did was sub to 2 of the streamers I usually watch, that's all it took for you to suspend my account ? really ?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If I block another user I would prefer they not see my messages in chat at all due to safety, not just me not seeing their messages, please make this possible, thank you.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PubSub official documentation only list very few of the topics actually available.
    It makes it "officially" not so useful compared to what it can actually do.

Basically it could replace EventSub for most of the cases, and, being far easier to implement would open possibilities for many tools without inducing huge potential server costs.

Is there any plan to document all these topics someday ? Will it remain "unofficial" ?

Have a good day :)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Individual Chat Messages and Vods to be Reported

Twitch's reporting tool is in serious need of an overhaul. It's frustrating to only be able to report someone by going over to the offending account, and gathering information.
    While reporting accounts themselves is a good option, it should not be the only one, as it's tedious and people may not report accounts on those confusing conditions.
    In order to promote a better Twitch community, reports should be made easier, so individual vods and chat messages should have an option to be reported themselves, with a button to do so, with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Olá.
    Entendo que usuários diferentes precisam de durações de timeout diferentes, e durante uma transmissão movimentada é complicado ficar digitando nicks e durações diferentes de timeout.
    Vou sugerir dois recursos

1 - Duração de timeout padrão
    Tem dias que a duração de timeout padrão é muito e tem dias que é pouco; adicionar um recurso que permita ao usuário escolher o tempo padrão do timeout ao clicar com o mouse ajudaria demais os moderadores e principalmente o streamer que não tem moderadores.

2 - Recurso para configurar timeout gradativo ao clicar com o mouse
    Seria interessante adicionar um recurso que…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamers have been getting away with little to no punishment for things that aren't even allowed on this platform when others (male and female) streamers have been punished more severely for less. We need to make it fair for everyone no one should get special treatment no matter how big their streams or who they are.

Male, female, and all genders should be dealt with equally no one should violate guidelines and reveal naked body parts and get a slap on the wrist, some people can take that as ****** harassment.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Too many people are running into minority streams and throwing hate speech. People report them and then they return nothing changes. It's unacceptable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While I believe that creators should have some freedom to do what they want, I also believe viewers should have the freedom to exclude certain content from their searches on Twitch. As is right now, I cannot find a way to filter out streams marked with "Sexual Themes" through the search bar on Twitch. Simply searching the word "art" brings up any stream with the "art" tag, which could be a stream with the "Sexual Themes" CCL.

In fact I just did this, the top 5 results included two streams of IRL streamers in barely any clothes, dancing in a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With the new guidelines Twitch should blur thumbnails that is showing any sort of nudity and should add ID age verification to watch 18+ streams

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest that the new guidelines allowing"Artistic Nudity - which concern
    fictionalized artistic depictions: Should have an Additional required Content Label besides just the generic "Sexual Themes".

It seems that the artistic policy will be misused by users posting artistic nudity for non-artistic purposes.

Artistically Nude content has merits and value to the art communities but is shocking for many users when full nudity is shown without specific warning and without prior context, and should be considered distinct from content which merely contains discussions or Sexual Themes, etc.

I suggest that a technical level streams with this label should be…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I notice for streams there are options to classify the stream 'for a mature audience only'. I have made clips and featured clips from my live stream, which are for a mature audience only. However, for clips, especially 'featured clips' there is no option to classify the clips, featured or not.

When will the 'mature audience only' option be available for clips and a blur screen option for all clips exhibiting adult only content?

Thanks!

DStroyr937

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Ana responded

Hi, we're working on having the content classification labels apply to clips, based on the stream; I'll update this post, as soon as we have more information. Thanks!

13. I have no issue with having content warnings if they are done well, but they are intrusive and not helpful if they are everywhere.
    If I am happy to watch specific content, the alert should allow you to have an option to opt out of getting this warning again.
    Or they could be added to the Twitch Notification settings panel, and allow opt in/out for each content type.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ban appeals shouldn't be so one-sided
    Currently, my understanding of the appeal system when banned from chat is:
    - users are not told why you are banned, but you get to see the last 5 messages you sent.
    - users only get a small number of characters for their unban appeal, which may not be enough.
    - users are not told if OR WHY their appeal is denied
    - mods cannot ask for clarification since they cannot respond to the appeal, and vise versa.

Since banned users cannot see who chat users are, banned users have to ask moderators to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stricter gambling rules. Make gambling accessible to users that have proven to be 18 or older. Make "gambling" category in twitch unaccessible to users that havent proven their age with valid ID. Streamers who gamble in different category receive temporary or permanent ban. Gambling has been raising concern over the years in Twitch. This ia an idea how to restrict under age users from watching gambling streams and how Twitch could strengthen their gambling rules.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please provide a way to report users without having to view their stream, perhaps through a three-dot menu when browsing or in search results.

The only way I'm aware of to report someone requires viewing their stream first (or their profile which automatically starts playing their stream). Sometimes it is obvious just from the thumbnail that the user is violating TOS (crypto scams, nudity, gore). I also don't want to appear in the user list for a stream with inappropriate content, since I can view it in an incognito window but need to be logged in to report it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, only the owner of the work or the agency on behalf of the rights holder can submit a DCMA claim on a stream or a VOD.

However, as a viewer of a few channels, it's clear that some streamers are actively streaming music and video from services like YouTube and Spotify on a regular basis. Attempting to report these streamers links to pages with information with how to report, but "only if it's my work that's being infringed"

One such user was so blasé about their infringement that they openly claimed on stream that "it doesn't matter about DMCA…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do not display soft p0rn in the home screen under "Live channels we think you'll like" unless a user has previously followed a specific tag (or an account containing that specific tag). I have never watched nor liked any content of that nature, and it continually populates in the late evening, yet, it is clearly inconsistent with Twitch Community Guidelines: "Sexually suggestive content or activities are also prohibited..." (This refers to hot tub streams with nearly naked hosts in promiscuous and revealing poses and ASMR streams featuring sexualized hosts.) Those channels are surely good for business, but constantly putting it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The enforcement of Twitch's TOS is wildly inconsistent. As it stands, streamers who are banned for showing their genitalia on Twitch tend to be banned for a few days at most, often returning later the same week to increased attention and more success, and in many cases repeatedly violating the TOS to minimal punishment, while other streamers have been permanently banned for objectively less severe offenses. My proposal is a consistently enforced, publicly available list of offenses and their ban durations. This will stop Twitch from playing favorites with popular streamers, and will protect smaller streamers from unfair punishment simply…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have suspension for 30 days.. The suspension is over since 11 February, now it is 31 March and I am not yet unbanned? Why? I've made 10 cases and Twitch still does not response.. How more should I wait??

My banned account: nameless2g

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?