Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1136 results found

1. prevent joining raids to streamers viewers have blocked.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I played one of my own YouTube videos on my stream and it got muted because someone reuploaded the video to YouTube and Spotify SEVEN YEARS LATER and claims to own it.

I AM LITERALLY IN THE VIDEO. IT IS VERY EASY TO TELL I AM THE PERSON WHO MADE IT. I believe these false claims are a form of harassment against me, as many women & trans people on Twitch face similar types of aggression.

My VODs get unpublished every time I stream now because someone has been given permission by Twitch to claim they own MY work!!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Oldschool Runescape section on twitch has rampant issues with phishing streams. The scammer downloads a vod of a popular streamer, creates a new account, and streams with titles such as "My Final OSRS stream", and instructs viewers to visit the runescape forum link below the stream to read about it. The link is a phishing page, obviously.

They do some other scams sometimes as well, e.g. "Click the link below to activate your double xp buff", while restreaming a dev Q&A vod.

I'm sure it's a problem in some other communities as well.

The streams are extremely easy to…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is a big problem with Twitch's current "Restrict/Monitor" function.

As of right now, if you start monitoring or restricting a user (for example, a ban evader), for moderators and the broadcaster, EVERY message that user sends is highlighted, making it stand out from every other message. While I understand that this highlight function has it's uses, it is inherently harmful if users are consistently making new accounts to ban evade. This system is doing the opposite of what we need if their messages are standing out to our moderators and broadcasters, as it makes it HARDER to ignore the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think the new tool is kinda helpfull because it's easier to report and makes it more efficient but i think maybe the problem is in how easy is to create multiple accounts. I've seen people that i reported a few minutes later on the chat again with another account. Maybe it'd be better to make it more difficult to create it or have another way to verificate it.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give streamers the option to have a safe list for having streams embedded on outside sites and give streamers the option to disable sites from embedding them.

This could prevent people from making malicious sites to embed them without the streamers knowledge

this would also help reduce the amount of people broadcasting illegal content and hosting it on illegal sites

you could also then give streamers the option to unlock embedding as a feature after a streamers account is within good standing. (ie. when emotes are edible for instant approval or when a streamer reaches affiliate)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. please allow streamers to turn off the host option.
    we can block raids, but we cannot stop channels from hosting us, which is now being exploited and bad actors (some evading bans) are now hosting accounts with a malicious intent.,

in addition to this
    i would also like to have the option to ONLY ENABLE HOSTS/ AND RAIDS FROM USERS WHO HAVE PHONE NUMBERS VERIFICATION added to their accounts

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lately, I've been getting a ton of "follows" and "unfollows" from fake accounts that run streams spams or advertising some random malware or whatever it is that they're promoting. It's been consistent every day about 2-3 times a day. Visiting their page they all run the same video feed. And has the same text link on their screen to some external link.

Usually has some "manolia" name in their twitch name. But now starting to notice a wave of different random naming conventions instead.

I suggest that you guys create some sort of detection software that checks for massive follows…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If someone talking about suicide and/or self harm in chat, then banning someone from a platform that could potentially provide vital contact or support to them is not the answer needed for helping them.
    This reddit post made by reportedly a health professional describes their experience with the issue
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7d87ah/how_does_twitch_deal_with_self_harm_and_suicide/
    While messages glorifying the acts should not be promoted or allowed on the site, it's important to not get rid of a potentially vital way of contacting someone who could be in serious danger. Instead, provide them with hotlines, or other direct ways to get them the support they need.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Similar to how discord does it however perhaps in more general terms rather than specific bot recommendations.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey! Just an idea but it would be nice when you go to your "users in chat" section and filter out which one is a bot account vs real viewers.

I know that would probably be difficult to filter, however someone could build some data to find all bot accounts and have them filtered like you would with moderation in chat.

that would make things easier to know whos who and be able to know who is actually viewing the stream vs who isn't.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 18+ Tag or Filter

Since there is a lot of interest in allowing nudity on Twitch with games and art, it would be best for them to implement a proper 18+ filter or tag allowing the user to clearly see. The mature warning you receive before watching the stream is mostly ignored, so adding some restrictions for users under 18 would help a lot with future streams.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I feel like having Pepe the Frog as a chat emote isn't so great now that it's an alt-right symbol, so if you're really averse to removing it, maybe send out a message to Twitch users explaining why it's there because I think to some people that could feel kind of partisan? Thanks

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It baffles me that this is not already a thing considering there are so many insufferable narcissistic twats and rotters streaming these days but PLEASE for the love of god allow or give us the functionality to BLOCK streamers so that they never appear to us at all.

Yes there is the function whereby we can remove them from appearing if sorting by "Recommended for you" BUT they still appear if sorted by any other means which is often because if you sort your channels by "Highest Viewer" count for example, you can't avoid some of these. PLEASE PLEASE Allow…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've seen that Twitch has been banning of words like 'simp', 'incel', and 'virgin'. These are mostly terms used towards males, yet horrifically offensive terms like "bitch" , "pussy" , "cunt" which are used to belittle and demean Women are not? It is used to belittle and offend Men, and sometimes women and put them down, in the most horrific way and has been used for years as a sexist term to say that someone is less of a person or 'inferior because they are a women' so they call them either a "bitch" , a "pussy" or a "cunt".…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. why some men can stay at stream without shirt , and women are being punished for they cleavage and show the body, and men can go shirtless live no matter what kind of body shapes they have (yes, there are men who appear to have breasts)?

can we have an equal policy for all ?

or please let us know why female body can be considered sexualized and not a male body

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apply the principle of presumption of innocence, as every respectable legal system does. Why, after a copyright claim, do you immediately take down videos or parts of the content or even ban the streames, thus automatically siding with the claimant? Youtube and other services doing this does not make it in any way right. Consider first giving the streamers a reasonable period to defend themselves, and only following on any action after the streamer has been heard and did not make a compelling case for themselves. This will have the benefit of not making you look like so much of…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear Twitch Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express deep concerns and respectfully request a reconsideration of the recent Terms of Service (TOS) update, specifically pertaining to sexual content, on the Twitch platform.

While we acknowledge the necessity of maintaining a safe and inclusive environment for all users, the latest TOS adjustments appear to have inadvertently created a significant negative impact, especially among the younger audience. There is a growing prevalence of individuals disregarding the guidelines, promoting explicit content, including links to adult services like OnlyFans, and displaying graphic sexual imagery during live streams.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Content tagged with “sexual themes” should be in an entirely separate category. I absolutely and unequivocally do not consent to being shown what are essentially h*ntai thumbnails when I’m trying to scroll through and see artists, no matter how artfully it is depicted.

Separate the content into a new category called “nsfw art” or something similar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Just as we can follow a category, it would be nice to be able to "block" a category so that it does not recommend or see channels that are playing those games.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?