Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1141 results found

1. Please require an account to view a stream. Banned users are just logging out to view streams now. And please bring back removing banned followers from your list, please! I don’t know why you got rid of this feature but bring it back.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The following two sections of the Community Guidelines should be on the same page so streamers know when they must use the "Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches" category:

Section #1

https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Community-Guidelines?language=en_US#22Attire

"- Standard guidelines

We don’t permit streamers to be fully or partially nude, including exposing genitals or buttocks. We do not permit the visible outline of genitals, even when covered. Broadcasting nude or partially nude minors is always prohibited, regardless of context.

For those who present as women, we ask that you cover your nipples. We do not permit exposed underbust. Cleavage is unrestricted as long as these coverage…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. With this latest TOS update, the only remaining difference between Twitch and Chaturbate is the fact that on the second you can masturbate on cam, which at this rate you will allow in a matter of months.
    A platform that fails to enforce its own rules is a failing platform, I honestly believe that within 2-3 years most serious streamers will have already moved to Kick or YouTube, because there will no longer be space on this platform for their content.
    Over time, Twitch will become a site intended for *********** and will remain only, as it already is now,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. the tldr;
    i would RATHER be able to select an option to actually ONLY see adult creators/communities on the homepage, only mature/18+ streams, and i don't want to have to click a verify thing every time i enter their chat.

how about, now hear me out, how about instead of "shadowbanning" (which is what twitch is doing preventing adult themed content from appearing on the homepage), just give users an option to opt in to see mature content within their account, so that it is only advertising adult creators to other opted-in adult creators/viewers. personally, i would rather even go…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Me parece una buena y mala idea al tiempo. Y el principal problema que se evita o en algunos casos resulta incómodo, son los contenidos de carácter sexual. Sin embargo, juego un videojuego de mucha violencia y no me favorece esta nueva actualización porque no permitiría crecer de manera apropiada dentro de la comunidad de twitch como streamer.
    Preferiría que esta nueva actualización las personas tengan la capacidad de seleccionar qué tipo de contenido quieren bloquear de su perfil. Haciendo varias etiquetas y así evitando que por querer evitar ver contenido sexual terminan dejando a un lado juegos como Dead…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Today's update to the policies are understandable but the solution provided is very disappointing. I am a sex-positive streamer who educates and discusses sex and kink in a no-shame, queer-focused way. I am not streaming nude or playing games with excessive nudity. However, I do use the "Sexual Themes" tag because I want viewers to be aware that those topics of conversation can and do arise. With this new policy, I'm now penalized for being sex-positive by being ineligible for the home page.

It has been previously recommended that blurred or hidden thumbnails be shown with those categories, which feels…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The safety settings as of now only affect the chat, not the channel itself. Leaving the streamer vulnerable to "Follow Raids" by bot accounts. Here are some safety options that could be implemented to prevent this:
    [All examples are toggable options]

1- Account Verification: Non-Verified accounts (via e-mail or phone) aren't able to follow the channel.

2- Account Age: Accounts created before X days aren't able to follow the channel.

Meassures have to be taken for the safety of twitch streamers, these options will help every user in this platform. It's very demoralizing to be streaming and out of the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. até agora não recebi resposta e solução do meu problema, meus clipes foram excluídos por causa de bug depois que mudou o layout da página de clipes, estou muito chateado com essa situação e ninguém me ajuda a resolver

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allowing users to complete the Affiliate Application by using their Paypal or another method that doesn't include sharing their SSN would be a major step privacy wise.

If someone's SSN gets stolen, it can ruin them financially for years to come or even for life. This is why we are told never to share that number. Having a work around where we can file the taxes ourselves without having to give out our SSN to Twitch or Amazon would be beneficial to all involved and would help reduce the chances of people getting their SSN stolen.

Posting this in safety…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to have a feature to hide the chat and/or the entire stream for everyone who isn't logged in.

Recently, one of my viewers received screenshots of their conversation in my chat from someone who is already banned. Having a feature that hides the entire chat, or even the entire stream, If possible, would be great! It will help alot with the safety of the streamers and for the safety of the viewers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On 5.12.2023, a follower bot was sent to my account while I was broadcasting. Accounts that have previously been botted should not be able to access my account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clapping your **** together (aka your genitals) should not be allowed and not wearing a top is also breaking the rule 'Emphasizing Genitals'. The streamer in question is AsianBunnyX and her floppy **** and ******* skin is showing every stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Se me ha suscripto automaticamente a un canal que ni siquiera sigo, y no veo forma de denunciar eso. Ni forma de contactarme con soporte ni nada

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The current wave of harassment bots mass generate accounts seconds before they follow, typically making accounts and following sequentially so that their usernames read out as a torrent of abuse.
    It is clear that automation is used to create these accounts and command them to follow. It should not be possible to create accounts with automation.
    Therefore do the following things:
    Implement recapture or other real human authentication method for account creation.
    IP block for account creation on the same IP within an hour.
    Introduce a feature to Shield Mode that prevents unverified accounts from being able to follow at…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. hope this message finds you well. I'm writing as a devoted Twitch user and content creator who deeply values the platform's commitment to innovation and community engagement. Over the years, Twitch has evolved into a dynamic space for content creators and viewers alike. While the platform boasts an impressive array of features, I believe there's an opportunity to further enhance the user experience through the implementation of an Advanced Livestream Statistics Dashboard.

Rationale:
    As a content creator, I am constantly seeking ways to understand and improve the performance of my livestreams. While Twitch already provides some basic analytics, an Advanced…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A follower bot was sent to my channel a few days ago. Can you please help with this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Evite que usuários banidos e bloqueados assistam às suas transmissões ao vivo !

Desculpa mais isso não é meio que desperdiço de linhas de código, pois o intuito da plataforma twitch é que o streaming levar o conteúdo dele ao máximo de usuários possível, "a ditadura era mas suave ", e outra coisa cadê a parte contraria o usuário também não receber notificações do streaming que ele não quer ver ? isso é uma via de mão dupla !
    Agora pra finalizar o que me impede de assistir na aba anônima ou deslogado ?
    Se for pra desperdiças linhas de…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In my 13 years of being on the website I can only recall a few times I've used the whisper function, majority of which were people contacting me [as a moderator] for an unban. The hundreds, possibly thousands of other times were merely bots using the feature to spam links which I can only assume are all malicious.
    Now I don't have any data on how useful the whisper function is for actual people but I would take a guess and say 80-90% of all whisper messages are likely spam/bots. I would just like to propose the removal of the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Kanalıma dün yayındayken bot atıldı. Tam 200 takipçi oldum bir kaç dakika sonra 1k bot basıldı kanalıma bu konuda yardımcı olmanızı umuyorum.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi,

Yesterday there was a great event hosted on The Nerd Council channel featuring different black streamers in the UK, celebrating Black Brilliance. I found out via email and it is so appreciated that I was notified. However, this was only notified on the day of the event. This has caused a lot of disparaging messages from those unaware and it made the chat very tough to engage in.

May I suggest that we can try to get notifications on these events prior the day, as this can help lower the issue of hate messages, so it can provide for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?