Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1135 results found

1. DMCA is in the long and short run a USA policy that does not cover or attempt to handle a International Audiance. As Twitch needs to change to WIPO (World Intellectual Property Orginization) standards like YouTube, Netflix and other companies. Mind you the WIPO does respect the DMCA but unlike that policy was founded and created with a international audience in mind. Numerous counties, and the US is inculded, do recognize the WIPO as being fully legal and binding for international copyright issues.

A good example of this is Viacom vs YouTube. Viacom used DMCA against YouTube in a lawsuit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch plans on soft-banning a handful of words in their next policy update, namely "simp", "incel", and "virgin", in an attempt to ***** down on ****** harassment. They say it will only be in cases where they are used as insults but I want to get ahead of this since community outcry is already bubbling up.

Banning individual words that are not slurs not only lumps them in with genuinely harmful words but also encourages an environment where context is devalued. The above three words are usually used in a joking manner, but I worry that shuffling them into the…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Olá, Gostaria que fossem inclusos na conduta de assédios a idade e a posição sócio econômica e deixassem claro quanto aos pedidos no chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. During the town hall the coo mentioned that Twitch didn't want to assume identity. The N word hard R is is a slur and should not be allowed to be sent through chat under any circumstances. It is hate speech. N word with the a used on stream amongst Black individuals is in no way the same as saying N hard R in chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello Twitch!
    I've recently heard the wonderful news that you're banning derogatory language such as 'simp' and 'incel'. This means a lot to me, since it’s obviously very harmful language, but I feel you're leaving out a big offender with those cases. I would be happy to see people stop using 'noob' to insult people. It is in all circumstances used offensively, making people not want to play the game. Personally, I have been called this many times, even when I haven't been a new player in a game. It always hurts my feelings and it cuts really deep. Some…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Words. Language. The way in which we communicate our thoughts and feelings. Twitch seems to want to continue to ban more and more words. When does it stop? What does Twitch look like in 2024? Can anyone say anything without being in fear of being banned? How long do big streamers stay on a platform that curbs their freedom to express themselves? I simply inquire where it stops.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am extremely confused why "Sort & Delete Clips by date, game, or view count" is being pushed back to Q3/Q4 of 2021. That is an entire year from now and is unacceptable given the recent situation regarding clips being targeted for DMCA because of the system's failures to protect creators.

Twitch has prioritized VOD management over clips. Let me tell you something, as someone who has used the website for years and is a full time streamer that manages many other stream channels big and small: VOD management is NOT what people need more tools for at this time.…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I know y'all email updates to Community Guidelines, but please run PSA's via Ads, to make sure all users know when these are updated. It's simple and on your end you will be able to know what % of users got the PSA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a strong contingency of mods or folks that work in community development and support that would be willing to help make this process faster and more streamlined. Whether it's part-time work, pay by report, or even a volunteer position to start, you have the ability to keep that human feel Emmett was so passionate about, give the community a chance to directly enhance the platform they enjoy, and help you in the long run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As a streamer and avid Twitch viewer, there are many community members who do not seem to understand the "unwritten rules" of Twitch. It would be lovely to have a resource or link to direct these people to. Perhaps an informative hub similar to the help center but focused on interpersonal conduct. Videos, articles, etc.

Some of the things observed:
    - A user entering chat and stating they are underage (less than 13 for TOS violation, less than 18 in mature channels)
    - Asking for mod privledges
    - Asking for a gift sub
    - First message in a channel: "Can…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. [SPA]

Necesitamos un grupo de personas que se dedique a controlar de forma más activa la comunidad, y a la vez controlen que los creadores de contenido siguen todas las normas y directrices establecidas para la plataforma.

Sería la mejor forma de aumentar la seguridad y la confianza de los usuarios para que todos puedan disfrutar de Twitch.

¿Tienen planteado crearlo? ¿Necesitáis gente?
    Deberíais ofrecer oportunidad de empleo para esto.

[ENG]

We need a group of people who are actively dedicated to control the community, and at the same time keep that the content creators follow all the rules and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some people (like myself) receive strikes by people manipulating the system to punish streamers they don't like. If we go for an extended period with zero infractions, it only makes sense we are forgiven previous strikes and shouldn't face terminated channels. Especially with such a low bar as 3 strikes and no true recourse to appeal or even have our own proof to provide in said appeal (since the video is wiped clean before we can make a full copy to provide evidence). Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ich benutze Soundtrack von Twitch. Warum werden trotzdem in meinen VoD teilweise Passagen gemuted?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. he puesto musica sin copyright y aveces me la silenciaba twitch, por miedo mis stream ahora soin aburridos simn musica

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. why some men can stay at stream without shirt , and women are being punished for they cleavage and show the body, and men can go shirtless live no matter what kind of body shapes they have (yes, there are men who appear to have breasts)?

can we have an equal policy for all ?

or please let us know why female body can be considered sexualized and not a male body

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dear Twitch, I was wondering if streaming Just Dance or Guitar Hero is allowed on your platform, since there is a lot of copyrighted music in these games. I don't know how the licenses work in that case.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Se eu toco uma música com direitos autorais, mas possuo o direito do autor para utilizar sua música. Como eu faço se meu vod for mutado? O que preciso para comprovar que tenho o direito do autor para tocar suas músicas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We really need to come up with something that allows streamers to play any kind of music they want and watchers to post song requests without having content deleted or the creators having to deal with strikes/bans/etc, because it was half, if not a big chunk, of the fun of twitch. I loved being able to share my favorite music with the streamers I like to watch, but now I can't do that because of this DMCA nonsense. Part of the fun with video games is inserting your own background music, and that should be able to be shared with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. user / bot attack that other streamers do that they don't like better look for more staff in the streamer's surveillance area ...
    Hi, I'm a small streamer who received a 7-day twitch penalty and now I can't upload emotes without the staff seeing it and it turns out that they tell me it was for making a black joke or being homophobic or something if I'm gay and never I would laugh at another person with my same sexuality or at straight people but it turns out that they couldn't send me any clip of what was the thing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?