Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1136 results found

1. At the discretion of streamers and moderators, the reasons for the ban vary depending on the atmosphere of the room.

Sometimes, some users cannot remember what they said on the day of the ban

When they were asked to cancel after being banned,

it would be nice if the users could simply check why they were banned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'll note that many people have already submitted complaints about Twitch's lax punishments for harassers and abusers, but I'll submit mine anyway.

For years, there's been a user in a once huge stream who has been violating the rules thereof over and over but keeps getting unbanned despite his repeating his behaviors. Since his most recent unbanning, he has been harassing other users in both the stream and his own stream, as well as rallying his followers to join him in on it. For example:
    * https://controlc.com/69bedc23

Despite my numerous reports of his behavior—both to Twitch and the stream mods—no…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a difference between block and ignore commands. Ignoring a user should not be treated the same as a block. Ignoring a user would just mean that you do not see messages of a certain user in channels outside of your own and channels that you do not moderate. Ignored users would still stay followed to your channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When applying a ban to a streamer, eventually apply an additional ban on their revenue (subs, bits, adv) for a period on top of the ban period.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello,

So last night I was streaming with some friends and experienced my first episode of harassment while streaming the game Dead by Daylight. Someone who claimed to have played a game with me earlier that night created an account with vulgar words in it while using my name in the username. They then began saying some pretty obscene things and it made me very uncomfortable. After reporting and blocking that person, they created a second account which was also blocked and then created a third account which was blocked as well. All three accounts were trying to solicit nudity…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In "Bits Acceptable Use Policy / Now the Don’ts that constitute violations of this policy:" we can see that it is included in don*ts "graphic design services". I think this is totally wrong. Why I am thinking that? 1st you (Twitch) loosing a large amount of money because of that and there is nothing wrong with offering designer services in exchange for bits. You like it or not, bits are some kind of currency and streamers using it for all kind of things on their live streams. If you really want to push this "Now the Don’ts that constitute violations…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Here's a catch of the Followers-Only mode that is bad: A spambot can follow anyone at any time and never talk anything. By the point someone turns on Followers-Only mode the bot has followed long enough to be allowed to taint the chat with spam.

And here's the solution:
    Authy Badge: this would be a better "Verified Badge" than the Verified Badge, because it would confirm that the person activated 2FA, which typically involves having a phone, which typically means bots have a harder time verified themselves as a legitimate user and the Verified Badge is nothing more than "this…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The problem: Blocking someone does two things:
    1. Makes them unable to interact with you in a poor manner (their messages won't show to you)
    2. Makes it so they CAN'T follow you and will be forced to unfollow (which doesn't make sense and you'll see why)

Now, how to fix it so it isn't garbage:
    1. Make it so permanent ban forces the person to unfollow instead and prevents them from joining hosts or raids that goes to whoever banned them.
    2. Instead of hiding chat messages from a blocked person, take the Discord approach (add a "this message…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The onslaught of content that is borderline porographic, highly suggestive because and obvious adult content and because of the repetitiveness of underage accounts created on a daily basis. Not to mention you aren't required to have an account to view ANY subject matter. As of today accounts have no viewing/streaming restricts on them unless what is divulged by the creator. There is no current method of authentication for accounts. Amazon is the parent company and has the abilities to verify accounts with bank/credit card information require THIS same method for all twitch user 18+ that want to stream. Require it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. nossos espectadores, gostam de escutar musicas que os agradam, poderia ter algo que eles comprem alguma musica em forma de alguma troca dentro da twitch, para que os nossos espectadores possam escutar pelo menos uma musica que goste.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Underground sounds was setup in 2019 ahead of article 13 EU directive its a membership supplying DJs with copyright exckusic music I wonder if this would help twitch DJs??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi, I've noticed that Twitch mutes audio for DMCA reasons, I highly recommend an automated system that sends DMCA permission requests on behalf of twitch users to the artist in order to get a green light on unmuting muted audio. Please feel free to contact me with this, I'm curious about if this feedback will be taken.
    channel: twitch.tv/Sir_D0ge
    email: so142001@gmail.com
    name: Seth

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Re the recent email Twitch sent out re cover songs, I need the ability to make highlights from UNPUBLISHED VODS!

Otherwise, if i perform even a single cover song, the only way to highlight my originals is to temporarily publish my VOD. Or I can highlight the cover song, then UNPUBLISH it, then EXPORT to YouTube. But this is ridiculous!

DEAR TWITCH, PLEASE ADDRESS THIS URGENT ISSUE!!!

Thanks,
    Hayden

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So, I did a stream earlier, and I was going back to clip things. And a section was muted as 'copyrighted music' when it was the same thing playing as always. So, I realized that a train had gone by around that time. And the muted section was about the length of time it took the train to pass. So...I'm not sure, but I think the recording thought that was copyrighted music. Just a heads up. Not a complaint, the brief muted part does not ruin anything in the clips I just thought it was worth mentioning. (Edit to add:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Video Description to Stream Information. In video description, add ability to add licensing information. If user does not have license do not instantly publish VOD, rather request on behalf of and apply asking user to agree to profit sharing of VOD. If user denies then the vod can not be published. Consider this a safe guard. Listing license in video description can also help with Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licensing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It strikes (pun not intended) me that there should be a way to provision a means to report plays/performances (and recordings via VODs) of third party music on stream for the purposes of avoiding DMCA strikes.

Streamers who are already in the music industry are highly likely to be affiliated with one or more reporting agencies in their regions, and most such agencies collect fees on behalf of overseas partners. In this day and age of service integration and automation, it seems logical that there should be a means to compile a post-stream report for an affiliated agency and submit…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the last year I have discovered on your platform an incresead number of streamers that push agendas or political views through their perfomances. Across time I enjoyed watching others playing and learned interesting things from your streamers but the above mentioned practices have been very tiring.
    But my main concern is about the impact of these atitudes on the younger(minor) audience which are very vulnerable, easy to manipulate and influenceable .
    I would appreciate if you would take into consideration this and a first measure I thought about would be to implement a tagging/flagging of the streamers that have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Music license companies put their videos on Youtube and make money through Youtube. They need to be watched in order to make money. There is no problem when everyone watched its videos individually but a streamer share their videos with crowd of people it is problem because this is loss of earning for them. My suggestion is that when the streamer share a music from Youtube, available number of streamer' spectator be reflected music views. In this way even if streamer does not have any right of broadcasting, music license companies lose anything also they make a profit with the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recentemente no Brasil presenciamos um acontecimento onde um Streamer foi roubado ao vivo em sua casa durante uma transmissão.
    Pensando no acontecido, tive a ideia de sugerir a vocês uma sistema de Segurança para o streamer.
    Através do cadastro no qual todo streamer precisa preencher para ingressar na plataforma Twitch (contendo diversas informações como endereço de onde reside), são informações fundamentais para que as autoridades cheguem ao local o mais rápido possível.
    O sistema é bem simples, basta cada canal de transmissão possuir um "botão de emergência" que aparecerá durante a transmissão.
    Caso algum espectador ative o botão, um membro…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?