Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1135 results found

1. As a mod for an LGBTQ+ and trans streamer, we have been hit with a ton of followbots coming in and spamming chat with hateful intent. I had an idea for a command that would ban all accounts that have followed in a recent timeframe.

For example, (/banall 10) would ban all accounts that have followed in the last 10 minutes. This would greatly reduce the amount of time that moderators have to spend on banning all accounts separately. I spent an hour last night doing so, and while I had backup to monitor chat, I know that many smaller…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Having a leveling system that streamers can set the parameters of leveling So that the streamer has more control over there stream bassed on the level of that person thats in there, the nore they chat and interact the higher the level goes, also makes it easier for mods knowing if they have been in there bassed on the level rather than looking at when they followed, the streamer can even set perks for that viewer when they reached a level in the channel, this if more for putting guildlines in place to safe guard the channels plus make it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently, blocked users can still send messages to you in your channel's chat. This is confusing for newer users since it requires 2 actions to actually block someone from interacting with you.
    It is also a very strange use case to have "blocking" a user be an "only harass me in public" action- I do understand the use case for the inverse not being true (being banned from a channel should not block them) but since blocking already removes them from your followers and removes whisper access, not removing channel chat access seems illogical.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. First off I wanna thank RekItRaven for Shedding so much light on this issue that has been occurring for years. I have just started streaming 8 months ago and this is my 4th time this year getting hate raided. I’ve been called almost everything in the book. Now I have several ideas on how to make this better but for starters. You Need to obey the Blocked/Banned Order. Anyone who is Blocked Or Banned should not be able to Hate watch us thus risking another hate raid whether that be in the form of bullying or racism. 2. Have Better…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. if a account has been banned it needs to go threw a process before they can change just like when you have a emote removed because that is ban evading and they are still able to lurk and be around we currently see this going on with accounts that have been banned by multiple streamers but just change there name and continue to troll and bother the streamers

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. get a hold of the people that openly say on Twitter that they organize bot spams that specifically target POC and LGBTQ+ streamers

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Lately, I've been getting a ton of "follows" and "unfollows" from fake accounts that run streams spams or advertising some random malware or whatever it is that they're promoting. It's been consistent every day about 2-3 times a day. Visiting their page they all run the same video feed. And has the same text link on their screen to some external link.

Usually has some "manolia" name in their twitch name. But now starting to notice a wave of different random naming conventions instead.

I suggest that you guys create some sort of detection software that checks for massive follows…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My VODs keep getting muted for no reasone because, guess what? VOY QUE QUEMO IS NEVER IN ANY OF MY STREAMS! I've complained about this multiple times, but any appeals I put through get ignored and none of my e-mails ever get taken seriously when I tell people that my VODs will be deleted in 2 days and I submitted the appeal on the day itself. So either take this song from the list or drag Ricky and Mau to court for abuse, because this is a serious problem. The song getting muted is FREE TO USE and from Kevin…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I got this more than twice. First in Far cry 2, then in Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005, and now in Star Wars Battlefront II classic. I am wondering if music itself is not allowed here. Please be sure to inform users what games can use music and what games are NOT allowed to use music. Humble request.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Given all of the recent issues with streamers experiencing these kinds of attacks perhaps a step by step outline of how best to deal with these attacks.

Ie:
    1. Use moderator view
    2. Emote only mode
    3. Clear chat
    4. Add term(s) to automod
    5. Ban accounts involved with the attack
    6. Report were applicable
    7. Return to normal chat

Repeat as needed. (Or something better)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if new users were required to fill out a CAPTCHA before making an account. It would help get rid of all the fake engagement and prevent mass of bot accounts from being made.

Twitch use to have it in 2017, but it appears to be gone now - its unclear if removing CAPTCHA from account creation was intentional or accident.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If someone talking about suicide and/or self harm in chat, then banning someone from a platform that could potentially provide vital contact or support to them is not the answer needed for helping them.
    This reddit post made by reportedly a health professional describes their experience with the issue
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7d87ah/how_does_twitch_deal_with_self_harm_and_suicide/
    While messages glorifying the acts should not be promoted or allowed on the site, it's important to not get rid of a potentially vital way of contacting someone who could be in serious danger. Instead, provide them with hotlines, or other direct ways to get them the support they need.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is a safety concern with streamers drinking alcohol (multiple drinks) and becoming visibly drunk on their own stream in public (at a bar, restaurant, park, etc.).

If this were made TOS there would be significant safety advantages to the streamer themselves: (1) female streamers who are visibly drunk in public may be at risk of being taken advantage of (invited to a stranger's hotel room), (2) even if not driving, drunk streamers in public could be at risk of unsafe situations such as stumbling in the street, (3) making such behavior TOS would help protect streamers by discouraging drinking…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When we are follow botted we get massive follows within seconds of each other, please mark these in a diffrent color so if we want we can remove them manually or ban them easily. This alone will help build up a tracking system with twitch being able to ID the main user name as it will appear the most and ban it to help others with being spammed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch should implement a watch along for YouTube for streamers like they do for amazon video. This way content creators can still react by having you watch the video alongside them. It would also give the original content creator the views it deserves. Win/Win for both parties.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Mature Audience streams can still be viewed in small parts by going to their clipped videos and watching clips!

This shouldn't be allowed?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Greetings,

Please keep streams that are obviously deliberately sexually provocative out of just chatting.

Like a stream I just saw with someone laying on their bed with their butt as the focus in skin tight legging and legs spread widely. They are not even facing the camera. And writing names on their butt for tips. It is ridiculous.

I am sick of seeing these in Just Chatting. Either force them into a category or don't allow it.

Thanks

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Streamers like (Admin Edit - don't call out people directly, please) are bringing the quality of TTV down, and fast. A lot of people share the same sentiment in thinking this kind of content doesn't belong on twitch.

I'm also calling for an age restriction on these like-minded streamers. No child should be able to access these streams from Twitches home page. You should also have to confirm your age on twitch so that no children are seeing this kind of content.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As Slot / Gambling Streamers appear more and more there should be a safety option for those none streaming people that are gambling. There should be a way to step out lock down the Slot categorys and channels for 30 days / 90 days / 1 year to help those people stepping away from gambling. Slot streamers are a big risk for everyone… specialy for young people. Most people think they can do the same and win every day and it is very easy to get to the same status as the streamer cash wise… But most of them will…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Similar to how discord does it however perhaps in more general terms rather than specific bot recommendations.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?