Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. Im not monetized and i dont intend to be just let me use my musics, don't be facists wokes please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Account Enforcements page states, "For the most serious offenses, we will immediately and indefinitely suspend your account with no opportunity to appeal." Yet, some users get suspended from Twitch seemingly indefinitely but somehow get their suspensions lifted. Such users need to be kept off Twitch for good, especially if they've been suspended multiple times in a short time frame.

For example, a user named DomDude64 has been suspended twice from Twitch within less than a month (9/25/2021 and 10/19/2021), but according to witness testimony, both times were supposedly permanent, and yet he successfully appeal both suspensions. His record of…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It can be rather unintuitive to post links as evidence in user reports, as they're not parsed and can easily be overlooked. Therefore, to reinforce user reports more effectively, I suggest that Twitch upload files as attachments therein, such as pictures and video files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The community guidelines prohibit spam, one of the categories of which being posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports, such as this:https://twitter.com/DomGang420/status/1441270323429576709/photo/1

However, I have yet to see any users be punished for doing this, and I understand that a lot of users have been clamoring for ways to deal with it for a while now. Adding on to all of the ideas put forth so far, I would ask that Twitch deals with users who continue to spam in chat better than it apparently deals with them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm a DJ most of us are in record pools and receive the digital music from distributors. So we have fair use. The funny thing is that these companies know that.. How else would artist really get recognized and stay relevant...

I suggest Twitch create a category for DJs and give DMCA the list and say these DJs most who are professional Djs and say these people are protected by the fair use... Every one of my videos on FB are overturned because I report fair use...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How is that Twitch is silent about leak? You should be first to inform your customers that there is one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Hateful conduct is any content or activity that promotes or encourages discrimination, denigration, harassment, or violence based on the following protected characteristics: race, ethnicity, color, caste, national origin, immigration status, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, serious medical condition, and veteran status." - Twitch Community Guidelines (As of 30 September 2021)

By that metric, global emotes such as "TriHard" and "cmonBruh" should be removed as they primarily serve to spread anti-black racism throughout the community. Any honest twitch user can attest to this. I see no reasonable excuse for keeping them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So I would 1st like to point out that there's a lot of missing links on the DMCA talk.

Most of these have to do with the Categories being streamed and what those Categories have Pre-Built in them.

A fine example of this is with EA and 2K and all the EA and 2K Sports Games.

These games contain 1 Major Flaw that will impact the DMCA and that is the Game Soundtrack Music.

For many years the In-Game Music in the Sports Games are all gonna be DMCA Hits as the music is picked by the Athlete(s) on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I was going through my blocked users list and users that have been banned still have profile pictures. not a big deal except their profile pictures are of genitals or grotesque.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We've all noticed the follow bot/hate raid stuff lately and quite frankly this is getting tiresome. I have some simple ideas that'll help with these issues that should keep the community safer than they already are.

1. Allow users to disable the ability for follows to happen on their channel without the following account already being verified/enabling 2FA, or even exist for a set amount of time, a time chosen by the user. Could be 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc.

2. Give users the option to disable hosts and raids from any users that that haven't verified their account/have enabled…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How Twitch is getted ready for EU's new copyright law? This law is effective for some EU member stated and rest will get also soon.

Do we users get information about things what change?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please make a chat filter which allows you to ban users with brand new accounts or accounts that are X days/hours/weeks old (give the streamer a choice.) It will prevent people from harassing streamers who just make new accounts after they've been banned and continue to harass.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was wondering why is DMCA still being used when the director of the game say that it is fine to stream the content along with the music that is being used. It still doesn't click at all? Example is Tales of Arise when it introduced the opening of the game. https://www.dualshockers.com/tales-of-arise-streaming-guidelines-will-be-supportive-of-content-creators/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, only the owner of the work or the agency on behalf of the rights holder can submit a DCMA claim on a stream or a VOD.

However, as a viewer of a few channels, it's clear that some streamers are actively streaming music and video from services like YouTube and Spotify on a regular basis. Attempting to report these streamers links to pages with information with how to report, but "only if it's my work that's being infringed"

One such user was so blasé about their infringement that they openly claimed on stream that "it doesn't matter about DMCA…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello Twitch and other readers

unfortunatly many bot-accounts are around and new one are creating at the moment. Some friends, other streamers are targeted with attacks with bot-accounts.

They have something to do from your side twitch, specially that some Bots have tools to get the IP from people who visit the Accountpage ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdyBV3Zoa0Y ) should be a signal for u to investigate fast as possible.

In the last few days/weeks i experience that hoss00312 are around i followed (and unfollowed) me with multiple accounts.
    What do you suggest to do, when people experience something like that? I know…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There's no clear way to report an offensive twitch team name

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If someone is banned from a channel (not blocked) they should not be able to follow the channel. This should help limit the amount of bot spam and harassment attacks by making bad actors not be able trigger alerts or flood channels with follow bots.

Another option would be to have an option to block banned channels automatically and having ban apeals as a separate form rather than just messaging the channel.

It is beyond frustrating to get 20+ bots follow you in half an hour each with a simular name, some with blantant slurs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Could you have the ability to list the bots (Streamer approved bot list) that are allowed to be in that streamer's channel and then for all other bot account to be auto ban the moment they start watching.

As a mod I have been using https://twitchinsights.net/bots to check if accounts are bots and then banning any that show up as bots before they talk in chat. The Hoss bot is just creating so many account it disrupting many streams now.

Also could you have another setting to alow streams to chose to have any account that is watching more than…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is a clear and present epidemic of bot accounts on Twitch (eg: The innumerable 'hoss_###' accounts) harassing streamers and viewers on Twitch, especially smaller content creators.

These bots are using a malicious third-party extension which can capture and log users' IP addresses whenever said user clicks on their name in chat, to view information about them as a user or views their channel.

Since the report feature currently requires clicking on a user's name, this exploit undermines users' ability to moderate and combat these bot accounts. There are ways of banning these users directly from chat, such as Nightbot,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. why can people make accounts like this? there is someone making tons of variants on "fat_streamer" to harass people. prevent this from happening.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?