Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

63 results found

1. There's no clear way to report an offensive twitch team name

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently right now if you report a bunch of ban evading accounts , bot accounts you are limited to 50 accounts ( per 30 minutes/per day - it really depends ).

My idea is to allow no limit on reports for partners affiliates and known accounts ( 90 days ). I feel with this sorta arrangement people will be more wanting to use it vs avoiding it.

It would also be nice to be able to get back a message saying what account in question was removed/suspended/actioned on so we better clearly know what account. ( I do know that…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since a bugreport page does not seem to exist and the general category is under maintenance: Your report button is completely broken. I cannot report channels used for hate-raids against LGBTQIA+ people (tried Chrome and Firefox, Firefox without any Twitch extensions). It says "Sorry, a network error ocured when submitting your report. Please try again later". The issue has persisted for at least a day now and I can watch streams without any issues indicating that I do in fact have internet.

Please fix the report button and take action against accounts used for hate-raids.

twitchdobetter

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great if new users were required to fill out a CAPTCHA before making an account. It would help get rid of all the fake engagement and prevent mass of bot accounts from being made.

Twitch use to have it in 2017, but it appears to be gone now - its unclear if removing CAPTCHA from account creation was intentional or accident.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Individual Chat Messages and Vods to be Reported

Twitch's reporting tool is in serious need of an overhaul. It's frustrating to only be able to report someone by going over to the offending account, and gathering information.
    While reporting accounts themselves is a good option, it should not be the only one, as it's tedious and people may not report accounts on those confusing conditions.
    In order to promote a better Twitch community, reports should be made easier, so individual vods and chat messages should have an option to be reported themselves, with a button to do so, with…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 트위치 밴 기능에 시청 밴 기능 추가해주셨으면 좋겠습니다.
    채팅 밴 만으로는 방송인의 게임 진행을 방해하는것을 막을수가 없습니다.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. jokin helpompi tapa ilmoittaa kanavan joutuneen botti seuraajien tai botti kauppiaiden ilmoittamiseksi. tai edes jokin selvä tapa. nyt joutuu tavallaan raportoimaan kanavasta , eikä itse botti hyökkäyksestä. voisi olla kavanan lähettäjän tai moderaattorien työkaluksi. helpottamaan ilmoittamista.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A clear "I think it's a bot" report option would be helpful. Thank you.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I can report a Streamer. But I miss the report reason "Online Grooming". In addition, it should be possible to report not only streamers, but also users in the chat.
    Twitch is full of adults who cavort in streams of minors and there demand ****** things from the children.
    I know you have to be 13 to stream on Twitch. It is also correct that younger streamers are banned. But mostly only the young streamers are banned, and the groomers continue to mess around .

Most groomers ask about private social media. Most often Snapchat, Tiktok, Instagram.
    Then it is…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Subscribers to quickly report abusive communities, Moderators, Streamers. Allow Subscribers to protect their mental health through blocking measures. Allow Subscribers to have a larger voice on platform as over 50% of the topics are related to employees and not the customers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I wanted to edit the report I just made on a streamer. It would be nice to see your report or submission after it is submitted otherwise it feels like it just goes into a big void of space. Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In case I send a report not all, just like half of them were checked (I get sometimes no Emails regarding my report). And in this Email you send me about my report would be nice, if you add the reported account name + my report data (why I did reported, and my report text).

Also in case you are done with my report, send back me please a detailed Email from EVERY report! What account were checked, what was my report, what is your decision, and why you decided like this! If you want a detailed information why I…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Today, the only available options are to report abusive actions are to report individual people, ie either the streamer or someone specific in a chat; basically individuals.

The problem is, moderators on some chats get the power in their hands go to hteir head, and since some rather big streamers delegate this job to them precisely because they cannot monitor what happens, it creates a void in which allows abusive behaviours to happen.

The moderation problem is specific in the way you don't know who issued an individual moderation action against you, hence you cannot even talk to him/her (provided…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am certain that we have all reported a user on Twitch before, as I have since making my account in early 2017. However, recently, after reporting a user, I received an email saying "We've actioned on your report" in regards to a report that I submitted previously.

There was very little present in that email. It simply told me that my safety report was reviewed and staff determined that a violation of the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines had occurred, and proper enforcement action has been taken. That is it. That is all that was included in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch should implement better reporting tools, starting with no longer requiring you to either report from within your channel or from their channel. For example, if reporting due to behaviors off-platform or reporting off-stream after gathering information to make the report rather than interrupt the flow of your own content, it's a bad experience to have to go their channel. If the person being reported is a streamer themselves, then that also forces someone to have to see that person's stream content or potentially live content in order to make a report, and because many people tend to wait to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We get the initial notice that we've made a report and that's great. What we don't have is any resolution. We are left in the dark as to any actions or if the report was even looked at.
    It would be nice to have a follow up email letting us know that someone has at least read the report and acted (even inaction) ala the vague wrap up email.

"Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We've initiated an investigation based on the information that you provided and we'll take appropriate action based on our findings. Please note…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For 9 months I have been reporting someone who has been harassing me over and over with NO response from Twitch. When will there be a real system in place to protect streamers??

This person has made numerous accounts with usernames that have shared personal information including my phone number, addresses, and names of family members. I have reported, banned, blocked, and had my MODs do the same, but nothing has ever been done on Twitch's end.

If others are going through this, I want to hear about it and what Twitch is going to do to help those of…

285 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Que al reportar agreguen una seccion para poder denunciar estos casos, ya que en muchas ocasiones puede llegar a ser verdaderamente molesto

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I think we need some more options to find a more accurate statement about what we are reporting a stream or a VOD for.

The last two times I reported someone, I couldn’t find an option for either something along the lines of ”inappropriate material” or ”harassing other users” which I honestly feel are quite normal things one could report another for.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It takes 4 clicks, then a description to report someone in chat.

Surely there doesn't need to be 3 pages of a dozen choices each in order to sort the reports. I'm not aware of any other platform that approaches reporting this way.

In cases where a busy chat is being raided by malicious actors, you will let most of them through without being reported, in the time it takes to report one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?