Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8,035 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1072 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. /u/copyrasta and /u/ajree210 from /r/hearthstone suggested a new emote: SherlockKappa. It's a Kappa with a cap and pipe, preferrably used as a detective and quest companion during searching for clues. Imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/ZLFK2ue.png

2,179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. As PogChamp has been removed, honouring what Reckful did for twitch by making him a global emote in replacement for PogChamp would satisfy those who have been asking for a global emote since his passing and be a good new face for the emote.

2,089 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chudat is a key feature of the SSBM community and whenever he is on Twitch, the chat lights up with thousands of "Yeahyuzzzz" and "=D7" and there is an amazing opprtunity for this to become one of Twitch's most iconic emotes and see the Smash community more represented on Twitch

536 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lovingly lifted from the comments section of: https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7x9vrv/pleaseletuschangeemoteswithoutdeleting_the/

Two things -

1. Deleting of emotes when want to change them is a pain. It means subscribers lose one of the (few) benefits that are given to them at the affiliate level. It's just that the approval process takes so long, that not being able to use anything while waiting for approval stinks.

2. I think it would be great if we could have a library of previously approved emotes, so we can swap them out for holidays, etc. If you want to keep it to 3…

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be awesome if Twitch allowed artists who design emotes for partnered streamers use them for free!

A suggestion is for Twitch to create the option for partnered streamers to specify which artist(s) created their emotes when they upload them which would then allow the artist to use those emotes on Twitch.

Benefits to this is that it would provide more exposure to both the streamer and the artist. The artist would get more promotion through sharing their created emotes on Twitch. Fans of the artist who enjoy their art style would be able to see which emotes the…

216 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As Affiliates we only get access to a few emotes so we, or at least I, like to switch them out every now and then to give subs more options. I never had to much of a problem doing that but lately the waits have been more then 2 weeks just to get one emote approved, which I think is a little much.

So if there isn't a way to approve emotes faster can there be a way to auto approve emotes for affiliates? Or maybe some way we can submit a bunch of emotes for approval just to have…

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please unban the Copesen emote. It's an oxygen tank labelled "copium" which is an imaginary drug, making fun of forsen. Forsen likes to "cope" when he makes mistakes in the minecraft game by saying funny things like "unluckly", or "it's the game's fault". Copium is metaphor, a phyical representation of Forsen's own unwillingness to accept his mistakes. In other words, it's a self-deprecating joke.

It's probably the most popular emote in his chat these days, it's really quite funny. I think it's a bit silly to remove it due to "drugs/drug paraphernalia", because 1) it's not a real drug, it's…

142 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow the special $9.99 and $24.99 emotes to be animated, to make them stand out more and be more desirable!

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Editable Emoticon Codes before the Unique Code.
    Partners too please, thank you.
    <3

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I feel as a small streamer we dont get enough emote slots.
    The 5 you unlock for 50 Subs, and the 2 extra for the Tier 2 and 3.
    I feel like 10 emote slots would be a good fit for a affiliate streamer.

Not everyone gets partnered and i feel the emote slots are a bit unbalanced.

Of course this is how i see it. There could be a reason that i am not aware of.
    But i feel with the recent changes smaller streamers arent really getting a chance.

I really feel like 10 (2 being the other…

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please allow us to opt-out of events that gift emotes when another user takes an action. Many of the recent events (e.g. HyperScape, K-Pop, Hispanic Heritage Month, etc.) have emotes that I don't want or find offensive, but I have no choice on whether they're added to my emote list when another user subs or cheers.

I suggest a tick box on the pop-up that appears over a stream to let you know about a new event that lets you choose to not receive any of the event's emotes. Alternatively or in addition, a section of the settings that has…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have Twitch Partners be able to officially partner with each other and create a set of emotes that viewers can only access if they sub to both channels. Each Partner still has their normal emote set of course, but if you sub to both channel A and channel B you also get a few "AB" exclusive emotes. Unsubbing from either loses you access to the dual sub emotes.

Many pairs of Partners already have emotes of their own that combo well with each other, purposely. For example, two Partners have "wave" emotes that face each other to look like a…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Either the above or an option to turn off or disable emote sections entirely.

Please and thank you.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unlock permanent emote slots for those who gift subs (5/10/25 etc) and those who are subscribed to a channel for x-amount of time (3/6/9 months etc) just like how the bits emotes work.

It would give affiliates the opportunity for more emote slots to work with if they choose to upload anything there for them, and it also provides some reward to go with viewer generosity (at the minute, permanent emotes are a thing with bits alone and they're great, but there are no permanent unlocks for continuous support in subscribing/gifting subscribers to a channel. In fact, for gift subs,…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Being forced to delete an emote and reupload it for approval is unnecessary if we just want to change its name. For example, naming an emote "prefixLul" and later wanting it to be "prefixLUL" means deleting the emote and going a week or two without it while you wait for the exact same thing to be reapproved. The benefits of having a name changing option would be:

A) The new name can enter the approval queue while the emote is still usable under its old name.

B) Approving a name, rather than an emote and a name, is half as…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. How about "legacy" emote slots?

If you have subbed for a year = you get an extra emote, 2years = a second emote etc.

You unlock them by either having a streak of 1 year/ 2 years etc (and then the user can keep using them even if they aren't subbed anymore. Just like unlocked bit emotes that stick with the user.)

Or unlock by being (with breaks, but in total) subbed 1 year/ 2 year etc and only get access to the emote when you are subbed.

Would be a cool reward for long time supporters.

Original idea by…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Scrolling through all of the available emotes (especially on mobile) is a hassle. The frequently used emote section isn't that helpful towards this issue either.
    I'd rather be able to customize an emote bar full of my favorite emotes, or even have multiple customized emote sections to sort them out quickly and efficiently. Perhaps consider allowing users to name the different custom emote sections. I would actually prefer removing (or having an option to remove) the frequently used emote section completely.

I think just making the emote/sub emote layout a bit more customizable overall would be well-received. It would be…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emote Picker  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be nice, if the minimum emote size for emotes would increase from 28p x 28p (56p x 56p,112p x 112p) to 32p x 32p (64p x 64p, 128p x 128p).
    I think a minor change in size like this one, would make details easier to see and gives artists a lot more room to work with, to make emotes even higher in quality without bloating the chat too much.
    This would enhance the chat experience on Twitch to an even higher level.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. You need to stop censoring my emotes; if you are going to have a political category, I should be allowed to have an emote of Trump's face. This is censorship at it's worst, you are a disgrace to the constitution if you continue this behavior. I am going to direct my followers to donate to me directly and not subscribe or use bits so you do not get any of the currency, because you do NOT deserve the currency from my followers if you let this continue. Disgraceful...

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?