Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

828 results found

1. It would be great if the viewer could resize and reposition streams (and chat). Since I have a 32:9 monitor and when I watch a stream in squad mode about 75% of my monitor is not used if two people are in the squad. If this is not possible at least make it natively possible to have the streams next to each other in stead of forcing it on top of each other.

Making this possible would use almost 100% of my monitor if two people are in the squad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Much like resubbing to a channel, I would think a follower versary would be a cool to see every year with the ability to write a message in there. (example: Username has been following for 12 months. Hype. Share your message.) It dont have to be over the top kind of thing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Are there auto-detect games because I don't want to go back to twitch and change the category to a different game. People can choose to either auto-detect or not.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Some streamers have problems with bots that keep following them,

my idea is to add a new feature to deactivate the following button of their channel temporarily to avoid any bots from following them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like for Creator Goals, or other feature, to allow creators to set up channel achievements as goals for creators to display them on stream. Either by allowing Creator Goals to track achievements like Get People Chatting at the same Time and Talk to Me (preferably all achievements) or by making it available via the api.

This will allow viewers in the community to support upcoming channels actively and in more ways than just follows and subs.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I watch multiple streams at one time (separate browser windows) and if two of them have drops enabled for different games it defaults to whichever I connected to first (or enabled drops mid-stream). With varying availability of drops for some games it would be helpful if I could opt-out of one in favor of the other.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drops  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As a small streamer, one great way to network and meet new people is via raiding. However, much of the time, raids are too small for some streamers and there is no notification of the raid in chat or via alert. This really devalues small streamers and gives us the impression that we are not worth recognition on Twitch. Small raids are still raids.

You might be asking, "well people who aren't live can just press the raid button, and it can be spammy." To this I'd say, if there was some recognition that an individual was live (ex. 1…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Now to see a rebroadcast like a video in twitch of a sub only video channel. We need to sub.

But if we want to see one rebroadcast of a channel and one of an other and an other... We need to sub 3 times or more and more.

But you can make a feature for that, the principle is to pay 1$ or 1.5$ for a rebroadcast to see more of them. Basically today I'm sub of 3 channels but I want to see 3 events in rebroadcaster sub only but I don't want to pay 15$ for just…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Spotify, YoutubeMusic and other platforms are able to provide licenced music via a 'fee for service' model, with pricing typically around the $12-16 price point.

Twitch's platform adds another layer of 'complexity' here, in that the music played would be heard by more than the single user to whom it is licenced under a standard subscription fee. In almost all case studies for music on streaming platforms, the main problem highlighted is the plays/count and artists not being compensated accordingly.

Suggestion 1:
    Twitch provides a subscription based service enabling users to play mainstream music, without restrictions. This fee would perhaps/logically…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Music  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When i try to leave my current twitch team it says *unable to remove team membership. Very confused and would like some insight.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give us the ability to receive only viewers that have verified their account, or enabled 2FA. Require a birthday to be set for said accounts and allow the streamer to set the minimum allowed age.
    Currently we only have the ability to label our stream with "Mature" and require a viewer to click on "view stream", this does not actually keep out inappropriate audiences this only protects Twitch's liability and that of the streamer, which while being a good thing can be so much better.
    Not only would this help in regards to protecting minors, this would also protect streamers…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Raids are generally used to introduce one or more audiences to other streamers.

Right now, there is one method of raiding: You click the raid channel button, you're brought up a list of live channels you are following.

I believe that the creator should be given a list of all live channels in the category they are streaming. That way they can pick a live channel that they may not be following. Introducing an element of RNG into raiding could greatly open up the platform to a wider audience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would love to see a more interactive Hype Train for example have Hype Train trigger music (DMCA Free) during the event music during a hype train that automatically plays on the app or browser would improve the overall fun of it and let viewers know it is active.

Also the ability to unlock additional channel emotes from completing a hype train (specific to the channel itself not overall Twitch)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hype Train  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think a great way of helping the community grow and helping people grow is by adding the option to stream together on the same screen. By inviting a channel to stream with you on your channel, you, in turn, stream on their channel as well and you end up sharing viewership and growing together with your friends. A great way of doing it is by looking at the multistre.am website and going to layout 4, or by joining both chats together so that both you, and your partner can interact with the chat together without having the problem of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some games have long waits or queue times, allow streamers to set a main game and a side game

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Back at the end of September 2018, Twitch REMOVED the ability for a broadcaster to press "RAID NOW" from chat when the broadcaster wasn't the one who started the Raid, this was complained about, as there were a number such as myself who use Bots to start off the Raids,

Twitch "Fixed" this with the new Raid & Hosts panel that was launched shortly after in the Dashboard....

Now the Dashboard is changing, and there is no longer a Raid & Hosts Panel only a Raid Option (Nothing to indicate an in progress Raid), this is now a Problem AGAIN

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be a great way for musicians on Twitch to be discovered if there were a TwitchMusic channel which highlighted a new music streamer from the Music & Performing Arts category every 15 minutes, in particular "Live Performance" (not the 24/7 radio stations that violate TOS which dominate the category).

This would be a nice way for people to discover new live music streams, and it would work similar to the ChannelOne channel on the Mixer streaming platform.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let mods have their own separate emotes to make it possible to make Chibi versions of them wielding ban hammers, etc. so only they can use them.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. my idea is that mods are a backbone of the community on twitch and deserve a reward from twitch as most channels dont have the means to be very generous to their mods neither do moderators expect it often.

Therefor, i think it is a nice way to reward those mods by giving the streamer the option to award a mod with free channel emotes. restricted by subpoints of that channel, so, x amount of subpoints will enable x amount of mods to be given the full set of emotes that streamer has.

this way, a mod can feel rewarded…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please implement an additional security prompt if someone tries to delete several clips at once. It has now happened twice that a streamer has deleted several dozen clips from me because she accidentally checked the "select all" box next to the clips and then clicked delete.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?