Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. When in theater mode, allow me to toggle visibility of the left 'followed channels' (and 'Recommended Channels' etc) bar.

Alternatively, make the video bigger (so you can't see channel name, title, tags) and allow me to toggle the search bar at the top. In this way, I would be able to have chat, stream and left bar visible, without wasted space by search bar

Currently, there are black bars to the left and right of the video I'm watching, even when chat is open on my ultra-wide monitor. This space could be filled by the bar on the left so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. i think we should be able to do reruns again they are useful and helpful to small streamers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch needs a stripped back youtube-esque library section for creators to upload their stream vods or edited videos. Most creators use youtube to upload their past and current content, however the trend im seeing recently is that most genuine creators are fed up with youtubes algorithms and minority of toxic members spreading hate and hurtful comments. If Twitch could create this idea i think it would revolutionize their platform and they would be able to somewhat compete with youtube for content creation. Thanks for listening to my idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When streaming for the first time twitch should ask you if you want to add it as a VOD. If yes then it should bring you to settings so you set it as a VOD after streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When reading chat messages on VODs, scrubbing through the vod shows only the chat messages after the point where you scrub to. Would love to have previous chat messages stay while scrubbing through the vod the same way that feature works on desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When a bottom of player ad is loaded it makes selecting the source setting unusable as the options are covered by the ad on the oprea gx browser havent checked others

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Many times when watching VODs, you just want to see the highlights without watching the entire thing. This would make it easier to stay up to date on your favorite streamer or get a feel for a streamer you're interested in watching.

An elegant way to be able to do that could be with a histogram on the progress bar based on chat frequency.

A competitor recently implemented histograms on their progress bars based on most watched parts but given that the majority of watch time on Twitch is live and uninterrupted, having it based on chat would be more…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi. How can we block a streaming or video uploaded to Twitch to a single country? Geoblocking. Best Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be such a help if some "quality of life" changes could be done to the clip manager in creator dashboard>content>clips.
    Some changes that I would love would be a more detailed searching system for clips: including a search bar for a clip's title, and more filters such as category ALONG with channel instead of them being separate.

There's also some bugs(?) which could be fixed, such as the "sort by views" not always working 100% correctly (clips in incorrect order), the "enter a category/channel" sometimes making the whole clips section of the page go blank after entering a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to download specific chapters from a VOD, since sometimes we want specific parts out of a 6 hour stream, this can make the download take way longer, same goes for the file size

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I wish viewership wasn’t a public thing. I wish it was something only the streamer/mods could see, if they wanted.

No view counts on any channel. I believe this would provide more discoverability, limit trolls, open up more raiding opportunities and give other viewers the chance to go into channels that they wouldn't normally go to because they have "too many viewers". Plus, sponsors would have to look into how the streamer interacts with their community instead of basing sponsorships solely on viewership. If they want that information, they can always ask AFTER they realize they like your content.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For years we (TheNORMIChannel) were providing educational, PSAs, and interviews about the Indoor Air Quality Industry as reruns because of work schedules of our audience. Now that you removed the rerun option, the information we provide is being limited by Twitch. I think since Covid you would agree Breathing is an important item. In any case, I fail to see how you put the importance of young girls talking while barely wearing anything over the thousands that watch our reruns about their environments and the technologies that can improve them. I understand that you run a business, but shame on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would be nice if we can monitore our audio from streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Current behaviour (in web browser):

You open a clip, and it start to autoplay, but the sound is muted. So you have to click unmute, and then rewind the clip, to hear the beginning. Annoying!

(I understand that muting autoplay videos is a choice made by web browsers.)

Better behaviour would be:

You open a clip, and it doesn't autoplay. You click play to start it, and then it doesn't need to be muted.

Alternative solution:

Place a "hint" by the unmute button, showing the user how to disable this behaviour in their browser. E.g. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-autoplay

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Transforms VODs into IPFS, they will never be deleted and with nft.storage you can upload files with 31GiBs or use ipfs.io 👍

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice if you could edit or add a Category to existing Clips on Twitch.

Example No. 1: A lot of my clips on my channel had their category removed, after the game category "Deponia: The Complete Journey" got removed from Twitch. If it would be possible to edit categories on clips, these clips wont be categoryless anymore.

Example No. 2: Imagine a VOD, where someone plays two games. Lets call them "GAMEONE" and "GAMETWO" for orientation. If the VOD is live and a clip is created, it get the category of the game which is currently live.…

207 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to be able to create a clip by passing to a Twitch API the video_id, offset in seconds, duration in seconds, and name of the clip to create.

This should be secured so that only channel owners can, with an OAuth token, create clips on their channel

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This is more item for a developer team but it impacts my personal experience.

When I watch streams on my Mac in Safari or any other browser, it shows a time on touch-bar that seems to overload my laptop and it literally starts boiling and dying extra fast (probably due to calculation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This is the msg from the page i got after 5 minutes of refreshing and waiting for it to load with nothing open in the background not even twitch.
    "Well this is awkward… Something went wrong.

Refresh the stream and try again, or tell us what happened."

https://clips.twitch.tv/clips/500

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'd like to know how long a stream has been going when in my following or browsing, etc. It would just make it a lot easier to pick who to watch if I knew if they were ending soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?