There was an error during translation

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I saw a post from a year ago and thought it would be a good idea for unlimited ads since we are willing to watch the ads. That or we should be able to watch more than 5 ads (usually how much I am able to watch) because I want to support my streamer but I don't have money and the ads are my only way of getting bits and when I can only watch a few ads it makes it very hard to get a good sized donation.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. While I acknowledge that twitch had goals for its net profits that it wasn't reaching, the ads are way too frequent and frustratingly timed.

Are there any plans to improve the viewing experience and allow streamers more control over what/when ads are played?

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outside of the sheer volume of ads I have to watch even with a Prime account, please at least make the ads a family friendly genre. I have been repeatedly seeing horror movie trailers and ads and that is not okay. Sometimes I would have to refresh a stream due to buffering issues, and I am on the edge each time, hoping that I won't get that disturbing ad again (but alas, I do).

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bits for ads has NEVER worked in the UK. Why? Also please do NOT force anybody's viewers to have to sit through ads. Or should I say MORE ads. This is live content. Ad revenue is pretty poor, and for people like me who have 80+ average viewers STILL pushing for partner, this will make people tune out.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Interrupting streamers' streams with an ad randomly without any semblance of their own control is going to ruin a LOT of clippable moments in streams, as well as push viewers away from many smaller streamers, which could seriously damage their livelihoods.

Instead of this forceful approach to increasing the amount of ads, you can reward streamers who frequently and consistently play ads with more emote slots that will only stay if said streamer keeps their ad playing frequent and consistent.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I wanted to leave feedback somehow and this is the only spot I could find to do it. Just wanted to say your gaining bits by watching ads idea is awesome. Actually, your entire bit system is magical. I really hate using PayPal to donate money to streamers, it's so slow and annoying to have to open another web page just to show some appreciation. Not sure if Amazon had something to do with that process or not, but I LOVE it. I just really wanted to show my appreciation, I really hope other countries will be able to share…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ads are intrusive, annoying and serve no real value to a viewer or creator in a live streaming platform. But if they must exist, why not make them not so intrusive to the experience?

Currently the PIP solution does nothing good for either party. It still essentially shuts off the stream on a whim and if people don't know where to look, it's all but gone for the time the ad is running. Why not put the Ad window where the stream window goes now, and let the stream keep running as normal, so we continue our engagement with the…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It's been well over a year now since Bits were introduced to Twitch, and the ability to watch ads for Bits has only been available for US viewers only. I think it's about time the rest of the world can have this feature. Twitch is never short on ads, I always see an ad play everytime my favourite streamers go live. Ads for films, sports, video games, clothes, beverages, cars, the list goes on, and with Amazon being the proud parent of Twitch, having thousands of partnered companies, I find it hard to believe that they're unable to find partnering…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Currently, when some streamers play ads, their streams will still play in a little box at the top while ads play in the main video player. The problem comes when -- let's say something critical happens on stream, or chatter asks question you'd really like to know the answer to. You can't cash in on the information because the streamer's stream is either muted or gone during ads.

Yeah you can always go back and review the vods (unless streamer has them disabled) but that defeats the feeling you'd get out of experiencing whatever happened in the moment.

I don't…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Would love to get more information on how automated mid-rolls will work -- and specifically instruction for streamers on how to avoid them, if possible.

In short, the idea your stream would be interrupted without your control is a scary concept. Either it's going to be better for streamers to control the mid-roll experience themselves, or the experience is something more experimental that isn't clear (vs. simply interrupting a stream).

In the Twitch Support initial Tweet it says "these [mid-roll ads] won't run if the viewer has an ad break." Can you clarify? FAQ seems to be missing how to…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Right now Partners and Affiliates have the ability to give their subscribers 'ad free viewing'. I think subscribers should be able to opt-in to watching ads on a channel their subscribed to even if the channel has 'ad free viewing' turned on for subscribers.
    There's not many ways you can have an ad feature that is a win for everyone involved, but I think this is one of those ways.

For Twitch:
    - More ads watched on their site.

For Streamers:
    - More ad revenue, while also keeping 'ad free viewing' as a perk for those who want to subscribe.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We should be able to choose our ads/advertisers to tailor the content to our stream.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If you are going to have midrolls you need to provide us tools to work with the midrolls as best we can as creators. Enough people have given you a reason it is a bad idea. I am offering up ideas to make it at least workable if you continue this route.

• We need a countdown on the streamer dash and the mod view on when the next ad will roll. Like a producer would have.

• We need a limited ability to push back an adroll. Like a one time 2 minute snooze button, or a trigger early button.

• We…
    29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hey Twitch team. The possibility to get a share of the ad revenue is a great feature. Unfortunately this can make everything around streaming (Taxes etc.) complicated. Where I'm from (Austria) an ad revenue makes everything much more complicated (I don´t go into detail here). So a option to opt out from this share would be great to have.
    Probably there are similar cases for other country. And even if not, this would help most of the Austrian creators.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have ads with low volume for streams with the ASMR tags or channel.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Good god, it's so incredibly frustrating to go to people who have maybe 10-50 viewers, and you get a 30 second unskippable ad. I understand big events having ads, I understand people with 100-500 viewers getting ads. But when I visit a friend who's streaming with 4 viewers, and I get ads, it royally pisses me off. Your ads are becoming more annoying to deal with than YT advertisings.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. So mid-roll ads are going to happen, if we like it or not

How about telling the creator before they happen so that they still have time to do an ad break on their terms?

What if 10min before a mid-roll ad would take place the ad button in the stream manager turns red and displays a 10min countdown. The creator will have 10min to do an ad break on his/her terms - if he/she does, no (additional) mid-roll ad; if he/she doesn’t, play the mid-roll ad after the countdown is over

That way you get what you want which…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Instead of interrupting the stream with an ad and minimizing the stream above the chat, flip it. Keep the stream running normally, but periodically add silent ads above the chat. If the viewer wishes to see more of the ad, they can click the ad to play a full version (and maybe be rewarded with bits that can be used with the current streamer), with the stream minimized above chat like it currently is. This eliminates unintended interruptions and still allows advertising space.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The feedback that I have seen about automatic mid-roll ads has been entirely negative, which is not surprising to me at all. No one likes being forced into situations even when it could be good for them.
    I've seen lots of posts from streamers saying they don't like the loss of control and viewers saying that you should fix ads for bits, which says to me that the issue is not ads, it is how the ads are being presented.

The entire platform is built around the idea of interactive entertainment, so why are the ads being treated differently?
    My…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I know that twitch has been looking into ways to get around AdBlock and whatnot to ensure that ads get played, but: Consider less intrusive/annoying/irritating advertising. The majority of people are using AdBlock because they find ads annoying. You know, that stereotype CONGRATS YOU'VE WON A FREE PRIZE!!! flashing ad kind of thing?

If you were to make twitch advertising less intrusive, I believe it would help. Twitch ads already aren't that bad, but they could be improved in a number of possible ways:

• Make the advertisement only hijack the video feed, not the audio. With the advertisements jumping…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?