Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

786 results found

1. Ads are presented as "supporting content creators" but there are a large number of people on Twitch who are streaming as a hobby or otherwise would prefer to pay so that their viewers can get a better experience, and for some of them the amount may be larger than the amount of revenue that the ads themselves would have brought in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If I'm switching between channels looking for a good stream, I have to sit through a minute-long ad each time. More often than not, this leads me to stop watching Twitch as I don't have the patience to sit through so many ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hace dos días que no me salen los ingresos por anuncios en mis analíticas, pensé que era cuestión de esperar al sistemas pero ya hoy es el día 3 y nada que salen mis ingresos por anuncios de los últimos 3 días y mis seguidores avisa cuando les sale anuncio, entonces quiero saber que pasa, si me sacaron del afiliado o si estoy baneado de algo y si es así entonces nose para que siguen saliendo anuncios en mis directos si no los piensan pagar

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In a tweet today Twitch Support stated "Thank you for all of your feedback. We have completed the mid-roll ads test. Ads are an essential part of keeping Twitch freely available and we understand your concerns. We'll continue to work on ways to improve the viewer ad experience and give streamers more control."

Please do more to communicate that the concerns of broadcasters and viewers were understood.

I am interested in what Twitch learned from the testing of mid-roll ads. What concerns did you notice trending and what feedback specifically are you accounting for in making "improvements" to advertising on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Wenn man jedem streamer nen sub gibt den man schaut ist man am Ende pleite, es verdient nicht jeder so viel. Und wenn ich alle 30min. Werbung an schauen muss verpasst man mind. Die Hälfte und die wichtigsten schlüsselszenen vom Stream. Da kann ich gleich zum normalen tv umschalten. Es werden sicher einige dadurch abspringen weil die keine **** auf Werbung haben. Wenn man nem stream joint ist es ok mal Werbung einzublenden, aber während dessen bitte nicht

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Picture-In-Picture was a good idea to roll ads non invasively. It initially dawned on my but I was unsure how to provide that feedback.

The UX on mobile is still rather rough when it comes to pre-roll ads, especially when people are co-streaming and you want to quickly swap between two channels.

I propose that on mobile, rather than play a video for an advertisement, a silent banner is placed under the video player, which could be used to embed dynamic content, for maybe ~5 seconds and then it could be dismissed. Keeping in mind that users might not have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm getting sick of the McDonalds pre roll ad. I actually went and searched for what they were advertising. The classic big mac pack is no longer being offered in my location and others in Texas. In essence could we report ads for promotions or products no longer offered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to monetize with the live streams that are uploaded on the channel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I was scrolling through my "Followning" feed, and was focusing on a streamer to whom I had never actively tuned into before. I was following this streamer most likely because a streamer I enjoy and subscribe to raided and suggested I follow. Which I generally do, because that's how we build community.

When I attempted to tune in to this suggested streamer, I was greeted by pre-rolls. And a LIST of how many more pre-rolls to come. "Oh heck that!" Said me, "I'll go tune into someone I'm already subscribed to!"

Examine that carefully, Twitch folks. A double loss for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think it would be cool if partners got to make a custom 15 second and that plays every stream to promote merch or anything they want

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you could get an extension for games with lobbies that would roll a 10-15 second ad in between the games (lobby) rather than playing the regular one over the stream. Obviously, the Affiliate or Partner would have to download the ones for the games they play, if they play without the extension, or don't have it when they play the regular ad rules would apply.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow streamers to opt-in for 3min~5min scheduled ad session every hour or two. Could be used as a stretching time for all of us (viewers + streamers).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Secret labs twitch chairs paired with corsair or razers chroma/rgb suites and incorporated in,

I'm working on a VR extension for the index that doesnt suck, but im to busy this week getting my behindhacked right now, and for the last 3days.

Also, Can we as a community (most specifically (don't forget leaf lights or nano's or what have you - and a felix the cat / nyan cat twitch ticking tail rainbow clock would be the "cats meow" or a "Yuumi"....cause I looooooooovvveeee Yuumi" literally the most)

Collectivey...we need to revive Tron and reimagine it as an immersive VR…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I see multiplayer ads which are polls, twitch could take it to the next level and have multiplayer ads where chat plays each other in a minigame for 30s or 1m, like a very quick battle royale

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I feel that a few of features that are new, or in testing, on Twitch had a dedicated place on the page to run instead obstructing streams , or flashing up in chat.

Having a small area (maybe the top 1/4 of the chat area on desktop) to host these features wouldn't be that intrusive, and could be used as a place to display small ads for non-subs, and maybe the area could be used for the streamer to host custom apps (like overlays) for subscribers.

I'm a huge fan of consistency, so having an area like that to test…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You have 7sec or less (30sec ads = lost viewer) to serve the viewer their content or they will bounce, do like YouTube's 5secs. Ads must be relevant to the streamer. Ads can not violate COPPA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. All ads need to run in a window on the stream instead of blocking out the stream for up to 20 seconds. Every ad that runs makes me AVOID the products shown like the plague because they are INTRUSIVE and BELIGERENT is brute-forcing advertising about items I have absolutely NO interest in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If interaction breaks, momentum dies. There are dozens of ways to keep the momentum flowing while an ad is playing-- just look at all of the YouTubers who get sponsored and do skits/product placement during their videos.

Example: If the streamer has the ability to temporarily defer ads and play them back to back, ("collecting" an ad every 15 mins or so, to play 6 at the end of 1.5 hours,) this gives the streamer more control on when their intended content is interrupted-- or, even better, an option to play the ads FIRST in order to unlock SUBSTANTIAL ad-free…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?