Discovery: Browsing and Searching

1. Add Animation as a game

I, alongside many other streamers broadcasting animation, noticed recent changes in Twitch — "Creative" was replaced with more specific terms in the creative industry, like Art, Culinary, etc...

Missing from this selection was "Animation", which many streamers, as myself, think differently from an Art as a "game", and it would be greatly appreciated, for both me and for other fellow animators, to have that as an option separate from "Art".

Also considering that Twitch's 2017 Animation Contest was held, it would make sense to have a game dedicated to all the animators that also stream on the platform.

526 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trans tag request

It is hard enough finding trans representation in our daily lives. With the LGBTQIA+ tag, one still needs to browse through channels and spend time in them to find trans streamers. A "trans" tag would help people searching for these communities.

172 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate Music Radio from Music & Performing Arts

The Music & Performing Arts category is oversaturated with music radio channels. Scrolling through to find live musicians and DJs is too much of a chore. 'Sort by: Viewers (Low to High)' is almost completely useless because the bottom of the list is full of music radio streams with 0 viewers.

At the very least, this is making the Music & Performing Arts category look very unclean. I also think this change is especially needed now that searching by tags through the main search bar is no longer a thing.

(9/8/2019)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add tags for age ratings

In my experience, few viewers actually remember whether they got the Mature Content warning when they first joined a channel.
    In addition to the existing Family Friendly tag, a tag to mark channels with an age rating and allowed behaviours would be highly useful as a constantly present reminder and a quick way to double check what topics might be appropriate.
    Example tags: Adult Topics, Swearing Allowed, 16+

Ideally there would be a way to set a default tag to apply, but also a way to change the tag for events like co-streams where one might have a different rating…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a Category and/or Tag for Reruns

Hi Twitch!

I would like to recommend or suggest that you add a category and/or tag that is just for reruns.

Additional information regarding this request has been sent to feedback@twitch.tv

All the best,
    Dragon

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't list show followed categories when no active stream is present

When users view their followed categories, often times less active categories will display with "[x] viewers" - this is often misleading when there are no active streams, as when navigating to the category there will be no streams.

It would be nice to be able to see something more like "[x] streams live" from the followed category view.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add ability to search all streams from categories followed

It would be nice to be able to see all active streams based on the categories followed. This would help users discover new streamers in a more organized form than simply using the "Browse" view.

Example:
    • User follows: Retro, Metroid Fusion, and Pikmin categories
    • User navigates to "All streams from followed categories" view
    • User sees a Browse view that only shows streams from Retro, Metroid Fusion, and Pikmin

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Streaming Language Swissgerman

The Swiss Twitch scene is getting bigger and bigger.

However, since we do not speak/stream German but Swiss German,
    viewers have difficulties to find us on Twitch.

Would there not be a possibility for Twitch to add the language 'Swiss-German'?

That would help our community grow a lot and especially for the streamers, so they dont have to change their language.

297 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hover over stream with cursor to show a mini playback of what is happening instead of a thumbnail

I think having the ability to watch a short playback of the stream you hover would be an efficient way to help people watch content that they want to see instead of going through stream and guessing on what is going on in the live stream at the current moment, (getting baited from a thumbnail picture.) It might help people with low viewer count get more attention because people don't need to waste time to click on the live stream. It might be a good idea to test out a beta version to see if the idea is successful before…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Preview Stream, Before Joining

Allow the user's stream to be viewed, before joining. This feature was available before, seemed to be removed awhile back. Please bring the view stream back.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow searching of teams

Allow teams to be searched, both by link and current namesake.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disable recommended channels

Add a function to disable the recommended channels in your following list. I find most of the recommended channels are not games I like watching so I'd like to remove them all together. It gets annoying having to block endless channels because they don't play games I'm interested in. I know its a small issue, but I just want a clean following interface where I only see those that I follow.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please consider separate categories for live musical performance vs all these DJs mixing EDM!

Right now it is WAY too hard to find streamers who are actually singing or playing instruments. I get so frustrated browsing the Music & Performance category because the content I'm looking for is always, ALWAYS buried beneath an absolute mountain of DJs broadcasting their gigs at clubs or mixing prerecorded music from home set-ups.

The funny part is that I don't even necessarily -dislike- EDM! My fondest memories of the late 90s are pretty much a blur of party drugs and glow sticks thanks to the underground rave scene. That said... these streams are too numerous and it feels…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give up more search options when searching for Minecraft modpacks..

We could really use better search options when searching for Minecraft modpacks, right now its very limited and that makes it hard to get results that we want, we can only chose for what game version we want a pack for, how it shorts the results, and we can only chose ONE type of pack to look for, we need more filter options, for example, let us chose more than one type of pack and also give us an exclude option.
    Example:
    Game Version:
    Include modpack types:
    Exclude modpack types:
    That way if I only want to see packs that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have an Indie category like Retro/Creative/IRL/etc

It would be super lit to have an Indie category to play lesser-known games. Very often I'll try to stream an Indie game and it either wont be listed on Twitch or have 0 viewers. It would be beneficial to indie devs too to get their name/games out there.

439 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a Flash Games category

Add an overall category for flash(online) games, such as .io games like slither.io, or paper.io. Along with online games in general such as coolmathgames.com

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sort by: e.g country, platform etc...

Can we please add more variety into the discovery page for example I'd like to be able to find streamers from the same country and platform as me for example It would be cool to be able to search for apex legend streamers from the uk that play on xbox and then be able to sort by least watched so I can support smaller streamers as well as collaborate! I feel the discovery page is missing a lot of filters like time zone, game, platform, view count, total time watched, alphabetical even filters on the following page would be great…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add graphic Design category

While gaming is the primary use for twitch, streaming is quickly diversifying.

The creative categories contain a variety of arts from Food to FiberArts.
    However, graphic designers are not represented despite the quickly growing community on Twitch.

YungKhan, Sledge315, BigBeerwolf, innergeekdesign, to name a few, would all benefit from the addition of a Graphic Designer category.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 92 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. reorder your followed channels on the left(filter)

Have a filter so that you can reorder the streamers you follow on the left so that you can filter it by "the time you spend watching each streamer", rather than ordering the streamers by the amount of viewers they having watching their channel

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Discovery: Browsing and Searching

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base