Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

648 results found

1. I would like a Cyber Security Category. There is a large community of CyberSec streamers and even more followers. Currently there are only 3 categories we can stream under:

TryHackMe
    Hack The Box
    Science and Tech

TryHackMe and HackTheBox are usually never used as although we do stream content from both websites we will often swap platforms or stream other platforms/things in between.

Science and Tech is the closest category we have however CyberSec Streamers usually get lost among all the other streamers and it can be hard to differentiate between the CyberSec Streams and Programming Streams as they may…

8,977 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Last year, you all implemented a "coworking" tag for WFH, study, and remote working streams.

All of us in the coworking community really appreciated the tag! It helped users and viewers find streamers to study alongside, especially in a time when everyone was working from home. Even now, a year and a half out from the tag introduction, many users are still working from home, looking for coworking streams to pass the time and find company in.

Unfortunately, the addition of custom tags—while innovative and helpful for many streamers generally—has presented a problem for the coworking community. It's no longer…

2,636 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently two (or more) games with the exact same name (usually reboots) share the same category in Twitch. And all the cover art, description, tags are taken from only one of the games. This usually means that the other game(s) effectively completely lacks a page on twitch, despite being a completely different game and having unique gameplay. Can something be done about this?

2,528 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ranging from writing and discussing novels, to poetry, scripts, comics, article editing, tabletop campaign planning, world creation, etc. There are a wide array of people doing various forms of creative writing on twitch, (Counted 53 channels so far, still working on finding more) and often it's hard to decide between "Creative" "Art" or "Just Chatting". Currently all we have to search for similar content is the "Writing" tag, which some of the broader definitions are hesitant to use, and is also used by people writing computer code, which is honestly a very different type of content despite it's visual similarities.

1,367 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "songbattle.io" is a music-based tournament that is often played by streamers along with their communities and audience. These streamers have been asking us, the developers, for a category repeatedly, and do revert to "Just Chatting" most of the time.

We have proposed songbattle.io to IGDB, but were rejected due to them not considering it a game by their guidelines. Instead, they proposed we try here, referring to cases such as "Dungeon Alchemist", which is not a game per se, but still used by streamers and their audience.

Thanks for considering!
    Sebastian

1,327 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the days of communities, BrickinNick and I pushed for Twitch to create a community for BrickBuilding. After some back and forth emails, we convinced Twitch that LEGO is a creative medium/form of expression and deserves to be recognized in the Creative category. Hooray!

Currently, tags have replaced communities. Tags created some discoverability but they are misused and often used by streamers playing unrelated games. A dedicated LEGO or BrickBuilding category would help users find more streamers building with LEGO bricks and similar construction kits.

LEGO is too broad of a hobby to lock into the makers and crafting category.…

1,108 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I, alongside many other streamers broadcasting animation, noticed recent changes in Twitch — "Creative" was replaced with more specific terms in the creative industry, like Art, Culinary, etc...

Missing from this selection was "Animation", which many streamers, as myself, think differently from an Art as a "game", and it would be greatly appreciated, for both me and for other fellow animators, to have that as an option separate from "Art".

Also considering that Twitch's 2017 Animation Contest was held, it would make sense to have a game dedicated to all the animators that also stream on the platform.

1,105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Digimon Card Game is BOOMING! We are a fairly large and ever expanding community of competitive, hungry, and entertaining players/content creators that showcase this game on a daily basis. Although niche, we are the epitome of what it means to be a community. We will specifically need a category on twitch called: Digimon Card Game

Examples of streamers that show the love and content of this game would be:

twitch.tv/maxtapera
    twitch.tv/truechampionsteven
    twitch.tv/mariogamingworld
    twitch.tv/benjaminlee

We will fight for this for as long as it takes because we are never going anywhere!

936 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add this category:
    - Streamdungeons

So that streamers can put this game as a category in the live ones, thank you very much I am attentive to your answer.

I also invite you to visit our pages and learn about the game: https://streamdungeons.com/
    https://nft.streamdungeons.com/

803 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Mini Painting" is a distinct and vibrant community on Twitch, but it does not have a logical 'Category' home on twitch. This community is currently divided amongst a handful of existing categories which are each misleading or overly general.

"Mini Painting" streams are easily recognized by an overhead shot of hands painting miniatures for RPGs, Board Games, Tabletop Wargames, or for display. These streams often have a secondary face-cam, and possibly even a third camera for a paint palette. They are a distinct type of content. Typically there are close to 1000 concurrent viewers watching content creators from the Mini…

664 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a new, separate category for Performing Arts (separate from "Music" and "Art") and/or Dance. Creators who streamed dance and other performing art forms are left stranded with no category after the elimination of the "Music & Performing Arts" category. These creators now have a much harder time reaching an audience.

633 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As the mechanical keyboard community continues to grow, the Makers and Crafting section is becoming overwhelmingly overrun by keyboard makers. This sub-community continues to exceed beyond the presumptuous categories related to tech and gaming -- our community is filled with creative directors, athletes, artists, designers, etc. Creating a dedicated category for the construction of mechanical keyboards, will allow this sub community to grow with more intention, and allow this niche hobby to have a more significant role in the future of culture and tech.

563 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the old days we had a Ludum Dare category for both game development and playing of games made during our event. Per request we moved our development streams to Science & Technology, Art, and Music where appropriate. Today there are hundreds of game jams, hackathons, with MANY THOUSANDS of new games are created every month (3000-5000 whenever we run an event, which is twice a year). Since none of the mentioned categories make sense for PLAYING jam games, I propose the addition of a "Jam Games" category as a catch-all.

498 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CoinToFish (CTF) es un juego de temática acuática Play To Earn donde podrás conseguir criaturas marinas para participar de forma directa en la economía autosostenible del token CTFT.

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Most streamers are streaming in the first category and actually playing the second title anyway. There's no reason to have separate categories, and it just splits the audience and the content creators. The SSE version is just a 64 bit platinum build of the original, kind of like a redux or remastered version of other games. It's the same game.

425 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi,
    My name is *****, I am in the senior management team of a Visual effects company called DNEG, multi Oscars winner Company.
    I am on twitch under the name : Keepcalmiminvfx
    I have been streaming for a couple of month and are slowly but surely building my community around a Discord Server counting more than 2800 after 3 months (the biggest VFX Discord available).

I am a friend of a few Twitch Streamer, also streaming Visual Effects related contents, review sessions and techniques demonstration like Hugo's Desk, AndrewHogdson3D, STFvfx, etc...
    More and more people from the Industry are coming on…

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recently, I've tried new content at my stream. I was reading for my viewers different books and received a good feedback from them. I think that if "Food" and "Creative" exist, "Reading" might also get it's own popularity.

420 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Virtual Reality discovery is limited on Twitch. Indie titles are spread across multiple categories, with arguably the only unified VR category being Beat Saber.

Since 2016, the VR playerbase has increased by approximately 30% per year on Steam alone, this does not take into account the million+ headsets sold by Oculus-Facebook, Sony, and users on their respective platforms during this time. (Source: https://www.vrlfg.net/Charts)

We are proposing a general Virtual Reality category to support all VR titles, from Half: Life Alyx to Pavlov VR to the smallest and newest VR indie titles.

410 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. PokeMMO is the best Pokemon MMO game out there and deserves it's own category. This 12 year old MMO always has consistent viewers, and twitch partners have to stream under other categories like "Pokemon MMO 3D" making it confusing for viewers. It would be good to have a single spot for fans of the game. Stats: mmostats.com/game/pokemmo

350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Indie games on Twitch have close to zero discoverability. As an indie horror streamer myself, it would be amazing if instead of choosing the game title (that most won’t know to look for) there was a category for Indie Horror Games. Indie Horror Games should have it’s own category much like Retro Games do. The same goes for all other genres of indie games. Even just an Indie Games category in general would help. Not only would it give more discoverability to indie game streamers, but also to the indie game developers as well. I know many other streamers who…

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?