Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. So they don't show up when you are looking under games for streams to watch.
    It would be great if you ignored a user, their channel didn't show up when you were looking for streams to watch

801 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

151 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I made this idea so twitch can be enjoyable for ALL streamers.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. So i got banned from a channel recently (Oops) and i keep getting this person in my recommended. It would be nice if people don't get streamers that they are banned from in their recommendations

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The "Recommendations" are just channels I've already checked out and didn't follow. It's actually silly to then recommend them to me as I've already signaled that I'm not interested.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I've logged into Twitch today to find my recommendations page filled with stuff in Spanish, Turkish, Russian and Korean. I speak none of these. It's also offering me a "while [channel name] is offline" section for a channel I don't even follow. Fix your stupid algorithm.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I enjoy pulling up a twitch stream on my second monitor when I am working throughout the day. I have recently stopped doing this as on the home page there is often a hot tub streamer with a frame of ***. I want to ensure the content that shows up on the home screen is SFW.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As reported on reddit [1] a stream that is in a promoted state (I believe this is the community reward boost thing?) doesn't have a Not interested option.

Could this please be added?

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/n1w0nj/twitch_dont_show_the_option_not_interested_on_one/

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I’d love to know more about non-gaming expansion and support. Is this an area you are looking to expand in or are you keeping it focused with gaming content? Also are there any plans to offer more breakdowns instead of “Just Chatting” such as Workshops?

Sincerely, thegreatkind

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There is already a tag for Unity, Unreal Engine, Godot but not one for Construct 3. Construct is an game engine that is growing a lot in popularity. This would help viewers find streams that relate to this engine.

https://www.construct.net

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maybe make it easier for a small small streamer to gain a community by making a section for them

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. There's been issues on twitch where at some points when I've been getting some toxic streamers recommended to me in the side bar or on my home page and some of those streamers and their mods have been very nasty towards others besides myself so i figured i would make a petition on this since i'm sick and tired of getting streamers that are abusive towards their viewers besides the chat mods they have contributing to the fire towards newcomers to the platform by scaring them off.

Its mostly been from both affiliate and some partner streamers. Non-affiliate streamers is…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. My concept is to put more discoverability on the platform by putting a button along side the notification and follow button when viewing a stream and will pop of a side menu of creators that are like the channel you are currently watching. However it is setup that while you are browsing you are not missing any moment from your favorite creator. I demonstrated this concept in a YouTube video of mine: https://youtu.be/4ERv5dqNMZ4

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. If I follow a channel already, why does it continuously show up in the "Live Channels We Think You'll Like" section? What about this makes sense?

Please adjust your algorithm to remove already followed channels from this area and show non-followed channels only.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. This "idea" you have doesnt work. When we click three dots to remove someone from recommended channels it just says report *** chanell... I would like to remove my self those channels i dont want to see in recommended area. ty

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There are channels i don't want to see on my feed, and there are games that i am no longer wanting to see on my feed. At the moment the only way to block a channel is to report it; it would be nice to have the ability to hide/block channels and games from the feed altogether so i can see actual content i'm interested in

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would love recommend channels to included lists of accounts I followed on twitter (as example) to show up and be promoted on the site and also have people be able to find my twitch account linked via twitter.

Not only would I like this, I would also love to be able to incorporate my address book as well, find people I already know on twitch via my contacts.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I'd like to turn these off. If I'm recommended channels/people I don't actually like it can often ruin my day. (on top of that, it flat-out confuses the interface.)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When reviewing the recommendations given to me by twitch, I often select to ignore the recommendation and then select to ignore the category. I have ignored many ‘gaming’ categories but still games in those same categories appear. I think I’m missing streams in the categories that I want to see.

Create the ability to opt in and opt out of particular categories so that I am served channels for the categories I’m most interested in.

OR

Fix the existing feature and truly stop channels that belong to a category from ever appearing my new recommendations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Motivation: Having 1/3 of the user's frontpage recommending unwanted items is not cool.

Current situation:

While there is the feature "Removing recommendations you are not interested in", the "3 vertical dots" menu is not provided for the topmost recommendation made in the frontpage.

It is also the only way to blacklist recommendations too, which is insufficient to capture user's intention, despite of how crucial recommendation is to UX.

Proposed solutions:

• Add the 3 vertical dots to the topmost recommendation

• Allow manual blacklist input in the settings page. Considering the team has already forgot to add the 3 vertical dots to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A option to not show channels with mature content filtered on could help out in some cases. Where if you toggle this option on, browsing through twitch, channels with mature content filtered on will not show up.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?