Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Creative and IRL used to be categories on Twitch. Everything that wasn't games was in Creative. This means everything from Bob Ross to ASMR (let's be real that's the same thing.) was all in one place and entirely unsearchable.|

Twitch broke up Creative and IRL into a bunch of new and rad categories to help discoverability. This included Music, Art, Beauty, Food, Just Chatting, Tabletops, ASMR, Science & Technology, and others. This category splitting really helped a lot of smaller communities grow. It was easier to find new and interesting streamers because you could now discover them in an otherwise…

4,127 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

241 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6,189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! We really appreciate all of the wonderful feedback and passion surrounding this topic. Reading through the comments, we wanted to clarify one point that may have caused confusion:

The purpose of this experiment with new directories is intended to better highlight broad groupings of content by bringing them together in directories where they wouldn’t be in direct competition with each other, increasing their exposure. In this way, creative content stands to have better exposure by being separated from gaming, etc. We will know better once the experiment concludes and we’re able to review the data in full.

That being said, through your feedback, we also recognize that the broad naming of the category as “IRL” doesn’t acknowledge that Creative and IRL content are distinct. We will be evaluating the results of the experiment to determine how we can continue to best support communities’ growth, while ensuring we are…

3. With the increase in available tags, it would be wonderful to be able to pick more than 5 tags.

Could we get an increase in the amount of possible tags, so we don't have to struggle over which tags we want to go with? Like say, 10?

1,312 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitch is increasingly seeing success in large, full-time partnered streamers who seem to be growing in mainstream recognition and opportunities, but what is or can Twitch do to help dedicated small streamers get visibility to avoid a YouTube-like situation where it's only for the celebrities.

1,829 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please can we have a Drum and Bass tag for DJs of this genre? It is not House/Trance or Techno and it's so hard to find streamers specifically in this genre.

Many thanks Twitch team.

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Already at launch we are seeing how the new 350+ identity tags can fracture communities. Streamers who used to be able to be found using the "LGBTQIA+" tag are opting to use the more specific tags within that spectrum making it harder to find them if you don't know which specific tag to look for.

If a user applies a tag like "trans", "********", "gay", etc their stream should automatically have the "LGBTQIA+" tag applied to it. This change would allow streamers to represent their content through their identity while maintaining the strength of a larger community and increase discoverability…

373 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hello!
    Myself and many other creators are streaming and creating sound baths in a few different categories and it would be great if people could find us and we could find each other, there have been many other generes of music added and sound baths would be great.
    Also to accompany this I suggest a meditation tag as there are many communities hosting meditation sessions and guided meditation sessions with and without sound baths.

Many Thanks
    RubyTrue

241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In the old days we had a Ludum Dare category for both game development and playing of games made during our event. Per request we moved our development streams to Science & Technology, Art, and Music where appropriate. Today there are hundreds of game jams, hackathons, with MANY THOUSANDS of new games are created every month (3000-5000 whenever we run an event, which is twice a year). Since none of the mentioned categories make sense for PLAYING jam games, I propose the addition of a "Jam Games" category as a catch-all.

409 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. As a Galician streamer I love to watch other galician streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Galego because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Galego. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 3.000.000- 4 million people that speak galician because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Galician (Galego) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only…

1,630 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

186 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow streamers to set their identity tags & accessibility tags (captions etc) and forget about them without them resetting after the time period.

These can then not count towards the 5 tag limit which can be used to describe the content of the stream. Identity rarely changes, so allow them to be toggleable by the streamer. Most people who will use these tags will want to be able to show off their entire identity as well as their other content tags so this would be a great way to do that! It also allows streamers to show off their accessibility…

228 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The browsing itself is great, I like that we can browse separate subcategories (for example in Gaming) like Shooter, Action & Adventure, Role Playing etc but it would be great if the shown streams weren't all the highest viewer counts. Yeah it increases the discoverability but only if you're in the top 5-10.

Maybe there is a way to display random streams from that category/subcategory? A mix of different channels would be great so streamers with lower view counts don't disappear. Especially because expanding the subcategory only gives you a few more streams, not all of them. Normally we can…

745 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In the days of communities, BrickinNick and I pushed for Twitch to create a community for BrickBuilding. After some back and forth emails, we convinced Twitch that LEGO is a creative medium/form of expression and deserves to be recognized in the Creative category. Hooray!

Currently, tags have replaced communities. Tags created some discoverability but they are misused and often used by streamers playing unrelated games. A dedicated LEGO or BrickBuilding category would help users find more streamers building with LEGO bricks and similar construction kits.

LEGO is too broad of a hobby to lock into the makers and crafting category.…

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Following up my comment on https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover/suggestions/42218083-pronouns-prefix

It would be great if there were a dedicated Bio field in which we could put our pronouns, and a chat feature similar to the functionality provided by https://pronouns.alejo.io/ to display pronouns right alongside names in chat. This could also be used to populate a tag-like display near the streamer's name.

Tags for streamers are a start, but I'd like to be able to consult someone's bio (if they choose to disclose pronouns) so I can refer to them properly when they're not currently streaming and be able to refer to viewers properly.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Currently there is a category for both 'Card Game' and 'Card Games' however many card games are already have their own categories such as Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh etc.

Dragon Ball Super Card Game should also have it's own category. I along with many others regularly stream Dragon Ball Super tournaments at our local card shops or from our homes.

It would be beneficial to have its own category to increase its exposure to this wonderful game and also help the Twitch streamers stream proper category.

Thank you!

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. There is already a tag for Unity and for Unreal Engine but none for Godot. Godot Engine is an open-source engine that is growing a lot in popularity. This would help viewers find streams that relate to this engine.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Given the growing number of streamers who use the Esperanto language actively, perhaps it is time for Twitch to provide an Esperanto tag for the benefit of learners and native speakers who wish to identify such streamers quickly.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Im streaming mostly IRL on my farm and I do not find Just Chatting as an channel good enough for me. I would prefer to have an Agriculture Channel in twitch not just for me but for other IRL farmers to join and show what their doing on their farms etc.

I feel that I'm breaking some rules for not paying attention on chat while I work pluss I need to pay attention on my work, so I really hope you consider my option on putting up a new channel on twitch! :)

DoffDoff1992

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. These categories are all part of the same game.

Fire Emblem Fates:
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition

Fire Emblem Fates is currently subdivided into "Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright", "Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest", and "Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition", which corresponds to the physical releases the game had. However, the listings and by extension, the physical releases, are more akin to routes within the same game and dividing the category just makes it harder to list and search for streams. Furthermore, the current listing doesn't even have a proper category…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Members of a stream team get a custom badge in chat.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Buenas noches!

Me gustaría sugerir que se creara una categoría de #Fotografia y así los streamers de #Arte y #Fotografos no estarían mezclados, es mas difícil encontrar canales de fotografía y edición fotográfica entre tanto canal de bellas artes. La comunidad de fotógrafos cada vez es mayor viniendo de otras plataformas como youtube y necesitamos una categoría que nos identifique.

Muchas gracias por la atención y reciban un cordial saludo.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?