Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hey everyone!

I would like to request a No-Hit tag that will help creators and viewers find other no-hitters within the community.

For context, No-Hit runs consist of finishing a game without being hit once during the entire gameplay. I have noticed that there are several “speed run” tags, but none for this type of gameplay and this could be a great way to discover new creators and game modes.

At a personal level, I also host a No-Hit weekly talk show called “Informe No-Hit” that features the best runs of the week and a yearly No-Hit tournament that features…

10,152 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

369 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Twitch community would benefit if there was an “Animals & Farming” category. There are currently over 200 animal based streamers on the platform, spread out over many different categories, making it difficult to find them. Animal streams attract a specific type of viewer, usually looking for a slower paced stream, where they can relax and make long-term connections with other viewers. It would be much easier to find this type of content with a new “Animals & Farming '' category, helping the community grow and support each other.

Furthermore, animal based Twitch streamers provide content to many thousands of…

1,473 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like a Cyber Security Category. There is a large community of CyberSec streamers and even more followers. Currently there are only 3 categories we can stream under:

TryHackMe
    Hack The Box
    Science and Tech

TryHackMe and HackTheBox are usually never used as although we do stream content from both websites we will often swap platforms or stream other platforms/things in between.

Science and Tech is the closest category we have however CyberSec Streamers usually get lost among all the other streamers and it can be hard to differentiate between the CyberSec Streams and Programming Streams as they may…

2,633 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

234 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add this category:
    - Streamdungeons

So that streamers can put this game as a category in the live ones, thank you very much I am attentive to your answer.

I also invite you to visit our pages and learn about the game: https://streamdungeons.com/
    https://nft.streamdungeons.com/

789 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

173 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6,352 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all!

It’s been a while since our last update, and we appreciate your patience while we continue to test this feature. As we shift out of the experiment phase, I’m thrilled to share some exciting next steps. We’ll be rolling out the directories update to all creators and viewers in the coming days. In addition to this rollout, we are also actively building a Creative directory, which we expect to launch by the end of the year.

To give you an idea of what to expect, the Creative directory will reflect all of our artistic categories including Art, Beauty & Body Art, Food & Drink, Makers & Crafting, and Software & Game Development. That being said, we know that creativity can happen anywhere – if you believe a category is missing from this list, please let us know below.

Thank you for all your feedback and continued passion on…

6. With the increase in available tags, it would be wonderful to be able to pick more than 5 tags.

Could we get an increase in the amount of possible tags, so we don't have to struggle over which tags we want to go with? Like say, 10?

1,596 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Digimon Card Game is BOOMING! We are a fairly large and ever expanding community of competitive, hungry, and entertaining players/content creators that showcase this game on a daily basis. Although niche, we are the epitome of what it means to be a community. We will specifically need a category on twitch called: Digimon Card Game

Examples of streamers that show the love and content of this game would be:

twitch.tv/maxtapera
    twitch.tv/truechampionsteven
    twitch.tv/mariogamingworld
    twitch.tv/benjaminlee

We will fight for this for as long as it takes because we are never going anywhere!

824 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. As the mechanical keyboard community continues to grow, the Makers and Crafting section is becoming overwhelmingly overrun by keyboard makers. This sub-community continues to exceed beyond the presumptuous categories related to tech and gaming -- our community is filled with creative directors, athletes, artists, designers, etc. Creating a dedicated category for the construction of mechanical keyboards, will allow this sub community to grow with more intention, and allow this niche hobby to have a more significant role in the future of culture and tech.

480 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please can we have a Drum and Bass tag for DJs of this genre? It is not House/Trance or Techno and it's so hard to find streamers specifically in this genre.

Many thanks Twitch team.

614 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

207 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Twitch is increasingly seeing success in large, full-time partnered streamers who seem to be growing in mainstream recognition and opportunities, but what is or can Twitch do to help dedicated small streamers get visibility to avoid a YouTube-like situation where it's only for the celebrities.

2,161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow streamers to set their identity tags & accessibility tags (captions etc) and forget about them without them resetting after the time period.

These can then not count towards the 5 tag limit which can be used to describe the content of the stream. Identity rarely changes, so allow them to be toggleable by the streamer. Most people who will use these tags will want to be able to show off their entire identity as well as their other content tags so this would be a great way to do that! It also allows streamers to show off their accessibility…

447 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Already at launch we are seeing how the new 350+ identity tags can fracture communities. Streamers who used to be able to be found using the "LGBTQIA+" tag are opting to use the more specific tags within that spectrum making it harder to find them if you don't know which specific tag to look for.

If a user applies a tag like "trans", "********", "gay", etc their stream should automatically have the "LGBTQIA+" tag applied to it. This change would allow streamers to represent their content through their identity while maintaining the strength of a larger community and increase discoverability…

416 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In the old days we had a Ludum Dare category for both game development and playing of games made during our event. Per request we moved our development streams to Science & Technology, Art, and Music where appropriate. Today there are hundreds of game jams, hackathons, with MANY THOUSANDS of new games are created every month (3000-5000 whenever we run an event, which is twice a year). Since none of the mentioned categories make sense for PLAYING jam games, I propose the addition of a "Jam Games" category as a catch-all.

464 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Consoles we are playing should have their own tags. It would help people who enjoy certain consoles to find content they love. This can apply to current generation games and retro. Since Retro is a category that is healthy and growing with lots of talented and incredible broadcasters, it would be cool to have tags based on the system we are playing to help discoverability. Since streaming in each game tends to make the experience more fragmented, people tend to stream under the general Retro category. When streaming under retro using a tag for the system you are playing could…

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. As a Galician streamer I love to watch other galician streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Galego because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Galego. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 3.000.000- 4 million people that speak galician because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Galician (Galego) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only…

1,795 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In the days of communities, BrickinNick and I pushed for Twitch to create a community for BrickBuilding. After some back and forth emails, we convinced Twitch that LEGO is a creative medium/form of expression and deserves to be recognized in the Creative category. Hooray!

Currently, tags have replaced communities. Tags created some discoverability but they are misused and often used by streamers playing unrelated games. A dedicated LEGO or BrickBuilding category would help users find more streamers building with LEGO bricks and similar construction kits.

LEGO is too broad of a hobby to lock into the makers and crafting category.…

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In 2016 Insomniac released Ratchet & Clank for PS4 with the same name as the original Ratchet & Clank for PS2 released in 2002. In IGDB they are separate games, but because of the naming collision it seems Twitch is prioritizing the latest released game. The original Ratchet & Clank still has a decent amount of players and it's a very separate game from the reimagined PS4 game.
    Is it possible to resolve this naming collision manually?

The two games are not the same, the PS4 game is a reimagining of the PS2 game with a different game engine and…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There is a whole sections on Twitch with streamers using Eye-Tracking as well as Head-Tracking hardware which is integrated with many games.

Having a "Eye-Tracking" Tag would greatly allow me and others to search for people using this feature.

Most notable hardware I have seen is the Tobii Eye and Head Tracker. I wish we could search for a tag so I can find people using it!

Some games which have Eye-Tracking Support built in.
    Bus Simulator
    Assassins Creed Valhalla
    Watch Dogs Legion
    Star Citizen
    Elite Dangerous.

Please make this tag!

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The browsing itself is great, I like that we can browse separate subcategories (for example in Gaming) like Shooter, Action & Adventure, Role Playing etc but it would be great if the shown streams weren't all the highest viewer counts. Yeah it increases the discoverability but only if you're in the top 5-10.

Maybe there is a way to display random streams from that category/subcategory? A mix of different channels would be great so streamers with lower view counts don't disappear. Especially because expanding the subcategory only gives you a few more streams, not all of them. Normally we can…

827 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It is time to unify NFT games within the same category.

In this way, the streamer would be given the opportunity to play and analyze different NFT games in the same streaming, not having to be in the category of a single game.

Also the category closest to this, "Crypto", does not specifically represent this type of content.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?