Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It is hard enough finding trans representation in our daily lives. With the LGBTQIA+ tag, one still needs to browse through channels and spend time in them to find trans streamers. A "trans" tag would help people searching for these communities.

8,523 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1091 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As promised – just checking in to let you all know that we haven’t forgotten you. We still do not have anything to share, but the team is reading all of your feedback to take into consideration. Thank you all for your continued patience!

2. 6,011 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all! We really appreciate all of the wonderful feedback and passion surrounding this topic. Reading through the comments, we wanted to clarify one point that may have caused confusion:

The purpose of this experiment with new directories is intended to better highlight broad groupings of content by bringing them together in directories where they wouldn’t be in direct competition with each other, increasing their exposure. In this way, creative content stands to have better exposure by being separated from gaming, etc. We will know better once the experiment concludes and we’re able to review the data in full.

That being said, through your feedback, we also recognize that the broad naming of the category as “IRL” doesn’t acknowledge that Creative and IRL content are distinct. We will be evaluating the results of the experiment to determine how we can continue to best support communities’ growth, while ensuring we are…

3. Creative and IRL used to be categories on Twitch. Everything that wasn't games was in Creative. This means everything from Bob Ross to ASMR (let's be real that's the same thing.) was all in one place and entirely unsearchable.|

Twitch broke up Creative and IRL into a bunch of new and rad categories to help discoverability. This included Music, Art, Beauty, Food, Just Chatting, Tabletops, ASMR, Science & Technology, and others. This category splitting really helped a lot of smaller communities grow. It was easier to find new and interesting streamers because you could now discover them in an otherwise…

2,854 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The rise of the VR industry and the relatively new phenomenon of Virtual Streamers and Virtual Youtubers has made impact on sites like Twitch as well. There is a very large (800+ and growing) community of streamers on twitch who use a virtual avatar combined with face tracking software to use instead of webcams. VR is already a tag, but it would be nice to distinguish this category for those who use avatars and may play the role of a character. (like HoloLive, for example) It's not much different than having Anime as a tag, for example.

Thank you very…

1,938 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys!

I just wanted to add some context for tags on this thread.

I myself am an avid vtuber fan and we super appreciate this feedback. It’s definitely something we take to heart and know the community wants.

As far as a tags go they are aimed at the stream and the content of the stream and not aimed towards the streamer.

You can more context on tags here https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/guide-to-tags?language=en_US

5. As a Galician streamer I love to watch other galician streamers. But twitch plataform don't allow me to set that my videos are in Galego because I can't specify that I'm streaming in Galego. I must choose: "Others".

This situation creates a problem for at least 3.000.000- 4 million people that speak galician because we have no easy method to find videos/streams in our language.

For that reason, We will really appreciate that twitch adds Galician (Galego) language as an option on Language settings of Live Streams.

NOTE: that we are not asking to translate the whole platform. We only…

1,367 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Every time I am trying to find a programming or game development stream to watch (which is a very specific type of stream) I get lost in all the growing plants and raising chickens 24/7 streams. While on the other hand there are a lot of programming and or game development streams that really deserve their own category. Being a part of the live-coders community I feel that splitting science & technology in a more granular way would benefit everybody. Both in terms of search-ability and clarity.

1,101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The black community has always deserved representation in every single space that we exist in. There are content creators who feel invalidated because we are unable to find other members of the black community on Twitch, especially during a time that we need to stand as one. The black community deserves representation, validation and acknowledgment. We deserve a black tag so that we can find, communicate and uplift each other.

Please create the black tag.

841 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I, alongside many other streamers broadcasting animation, noticed recent changes in Twitch — "Creative" was replaced with more specific terms in the creative industry, like Art, Culinary, etc...

Missing from this selection was "Animation", which many streamers, as myself, think differently from an Art as a "game", and it would be greatly appreciated, for both me and for other fellow animators, to have that as an option separate from "Art".

Also considering that Twitch's 2017 Animation Contest was held, it would make sense to have a game dedicated to all the animators that also stream on the platform.

817 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. help on gaining a fellowship or audience very hard as a small streamer, a place were we can go to help each other and spread our channels

816 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Twitch should be allowed to be a place not just for entertainment, but also for learning and education. People who wants to stream educational content are currently not allowed to participate on Twitch, unless they are artists or programmers. Twitch is one of the largest streaming services, and while there is plenty of educational material on the internet, there is a lack of interactive, free to use services for interactive classes. Twitch could become a fantastic plattform for students, teachers and groups who wants to learn in a more interactive environment, that they can't get with other learning resources on…

713 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The browsing itself is great, I like that we can browse separate subcategories (for example in Gaming) like Shooter, Action & Adventure, Role Playing etc but it would be great if the shown streams weren't all the highest viewer counts. Yeah it increases the discoverability but only if you're in the top 5-10.

Maybe there is a way to display random streams from that category/subcategory? A mix of different channels would be great so streamers with lower view counts don't disappear. Especially because expanding the subcategory only gives you a few more streams, not all of them. Normally we can…

617 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Flow Arts": As the current world condition has taken us from previous live festivals and performance, many Flow Artists and Dancers are turning to virtual and broadcasted live performances of their talents. Traditionally, we as dancers, hula-hoop performers, jugglers, poi spinners and other similar disciplines, have had to gravitate towards the "Music & Performance Art" category. (With no specific tag identifying us as with Flow Artists, nor dancers). Now that Twitch has adjusted back to "Music" as the original category, we have migrated to "just chatting"; it doesn't really identify our community at all, among others that actually do feature…

581 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. So they don't show up when you are looking under games for streams to watch.
    It would be great if you ignored a user, their channel didn't show up when you were looking for streams to watch

492 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ranging from writing and discussing novels, to poetry, scripts, comics, article editing, tabletop campaign planning, world creation, etc. There are a wide array of people doing various forms of creative writing on twitch, (Counted 53 channels so far, still working on finding more) and often it's hard to decide between "Creative" "Art" or "Just Chatting". Currently all we have to search for similar content is the "Writing" tag, which some of the broader definitions are hesitant to use, and is also used by people writing computer code, which is honestly a very different type of content despite it's visual similarities.

458 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Twitch is increasingly seeing success in large, full-time partnered streamers who seem to be growing in mainstream recognition and opportunities, but what is or can Twitch do to help dedicated small streamers get visibility to avoid a YouTube-like situation where it's only for the celebrities.

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The number of study/co-working streamers has increased dramatically over the last few months and co-working is likely to become a very popular niche on twitch! Many people now work or study from home and the co-working community is a very welcoming and friendly place. Please add a tag so we can identify ourselves and make it easier for like-minded people to find us!
    Thank you
    ~AndRumpleteazer

371 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Serious either disable or give me the option to disable autoplay on the front page and anywhere else you have autoplay.

355 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On the frontpage, feature 1 small, quality streamer, next to the top streamers. Newcomers and hidden gems could be featured there to give them some more exposure. Obviously it has to be a quality stream so they could/should be picked by the twitch staff.

353 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hi,
    My name is Ludovic Iochem, I am in the senior management team of a Visual effects company called DNEG, multi Oscars winner Company.
    I am on twitch under the name : Keepcalmiminvfx
    I have been streaming for a couple of month and are slowly but surely building my community around a Discord Server counting more than 2800 after 3 months (the biggest VFX Discord available).

I am a friend of a few Twitch Streamer, also streaming Visual Effects related contents, review sessions and techniques demonstration like Hugo's Desk, AndrewHogdson3D, STFvfx, etc...
    More and more people from the Industry are coming…

340 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disabled gamers often face more or different hardships than abled streamers do. There are so many amazing users on Twitch who are disabled, and they deserve a "disabled" tag. Disabled streamers need a way to find each other and weave our communities together, and disabled viewers need a way to find streamers they want to watch and connect with.

335 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?