Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

127 results found

1. On the frontpage, feature 1 small, quality streamer, next to the top streamers. Newcomers and hidden gems could be featured there to give them some more exposure. Obviously it has to be a quality stream so they could/should be picked by the twitch staff.

5,362 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. November is Native American/Alaska Native Heritage month do you have any plans to highlight this or feature Native Streamers?

2,718 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Twitch is increasingly seeing success in large, full-time partnered streamers who seem to be growing in mainstream recognition and opportunities, but what is or can Twitch do to help dedicated small streamers get visibility to avoid a YouTube-like situation where it's only for the celebrities.

2,557 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. when i was a small streamer i found it hard to get followers. i had a good quality stream and a couple of friends who watched my stream. and i think that new streamers are pretty much abandoned, they should get the chance to get bigger instead of waiting months for just a couple of viewers to pop buy

467 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The discovery page lacks a "Play Random" feature. It might be fun and interesting to enter a random stream in a Category. It might help casual and new users find entertaining streams much easily and faster.
    The user that clicks on the button will be forwarded to a random stream in the previously chosen category. To find another stream the user will simply click on the same button that will appear on the header of the page.

255 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There needs to be a biannual event where the entire Twitch community can celebrate and help uplift the hard work us small streamers put in when planning something special for our communities only to end up with little to no payoff.

For this, it could be setup a set of benefits that are active to any streamer who has been streaming actively for six months atleast and is currently streaming below an average of 20 viewers:

Outside of any contractual agreements with companies, (i.e, Nintendo Directs, major game reveal streams, etc) the entire Front Page is taken over by small…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There should be a “recently watched” section, which shows channels that you have recently watched. It would make sense to have this because people are more likely to return to a stream that they have recently watched regardless of being a follower.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This would be every month have new creators highlighted in those sections. This would be a great way to promote twitch ambassadors more as well as creators that are really just making great content regardless of their small size. Right now its incredibly difficult to get any exposure on twitch and i think this would be great right now.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm 14 turning 15, and no adult wants to watch a kid stream, ive been streaming the past 11 months and im barely growing.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,

Currently the model for viewing games in the directory is difficult to traverse as a user. I scroll through looking for quirky titles or just genres that I'm only interested in i.e. FPS, Strategy or DeathMatch, Horror etc and instead of it being this lovely categorized experience I feel like i'm on an endless scrolling journey.

As the title suggests, my suggestion is having the option to break the model into the following:

Genre > Game_Genre > Game > Stream

This way I can go from say FPS > Horror > SpookyFps3 > MrHorrorTV

Plus an additional nice option…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch automatically generates thumbnail images that are shown in the grid view when scrolling through a category at random times from the stream output .

With most categories on Twitch the automatic thumbnail feature is just fine, as the content on stream matches up with what you want to show for discovery.
    However, with the "Software and Game Development" category that is not necessarily the case.

The best way for people to discover me is to be interested in the game I make. Optimally the thumbnail would show me showing off the current state of the game and people that…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More help with pushing viewers towards newer people, maybe incentives for them to watch. Include smaller streamers into events and such to help get their names out?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As many of you know twitch has little to no discoverability so I considered ideas on how that could change. Engagement is a huge part of a strong community and this system would reward it. The idea came to me from the Pre Roll Ad function. Pre roll ads are the ads you encounter when entering a streamers stream and twitch has a way to temporarily turn them OFF. When you manually run an ad from the dashboard the Pre Roll Ads turn off for a designated amount of time based on the length of the ad you ran. So…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For those of us who follow a lot of channels and for whatever reason aren't able to catch up on our favorite streamers, it would be nice to have a section on the front page where VODs are listed of recent streams we missed. It's hard to know who was online while you were away without going through every followed channel individually, but I think this can be streamlined.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would love recommend channels to included lists of accounts I followed on twitter (as example) to show up and be promoted on the site and also have people be able to find my twitch account linked via twitter.

Not only would I like this, I would also love to be able to incorporate my address book as well, find people I already know on twitch via my contacts.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love to see a site wide discoverability feature that universally lets me or any user "hide streams that are all 18+ content. " With a very simple toggle button to hide those channels.

In addition to this, having all 18+ content not visible in any discovery page if a user is not logged in to the site.

to clarify: 18 plus content may or may not include political or sensitive topics, graphic video games, or catergories etc.

Being able to quickly toggle and categorize these channels either universally help create targeted ads for these channels, potentially turn ads…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. patrocinios a canales con pocos recursos y mejorar los recomendados a canales con 0 espectadores pero con 50 seguidores

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When multiple channel point redeems are redeemed many times (by one or more users), the chat should not be spammed with
    "<User> redeemed <redeem name> <cost>"

All the chat messages are getting flooded if theres a wave of redemptions (which can be fun and engaging!). They should be collapsed into a single line eg.
    "<User1>, <User2>, and 6 others redeemed <redeem name> <cost> x15"
    This existing message should update and increment every time a new identical redemption is done in the next minute (probably starting from the first redemption).

This way its only going to be a single line instead…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Apart from being able to select streams by view count, high to low and vice versa, why not make a different category for smaller streamers in games to separate from bigger streamers, allowing the smaller streamers to watch among themselves and build up their audience without having to compete for spotlight from bigger viewer capture-ers.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice to disable the preview thumbnail for a recently released title. Often when a new game comes out many streamers that I follow play it. For some games (particularly story driven titles) the preview thumbnails might contain spoilers.

So what if you had the option in your setting to disable the preview thumbnail for a period of time around a games release? For example any time before the official release and for 2 weeks after. It could be replaced with just about anything really, the streamers profile pic, the game's logo, a black screen, etc...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?