Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

975 results found

1. The automatic link parser is rather overzealous. It currently interprets any sequence of alphanumeric characters, a dot/period, and more alphanumeric characters (with no spaces in between) as a link. As a result, any time someone forgets to put a space between two sentences, or deliberately types something like "notbad.jpg", it gets turned into a (broken) link. Furthermore, if the streamer has link filtering turned on, such occurrences will result in the entire message being blocked when there's no actual reason for it to be.

The link parser needs to be smarter. Maybe make it require either two dots/periods with characters…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Being able to add slowmode to a specific person. If there's no reason to time them out or outright ban, making it so they can't spam every second. Can slow them down from behind the scenes!

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would love if Twitch could add something special for pride month! (Apart from the Pride emotes ofc!!!)

So I was thinking, what if we were to add a chat appearance setting to change your name to rainbow during pride month? it would be absolutely adorable and a way for us to all come together as one!

I don’t know if this would be possible, but it’s just an idea!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It's not really a 'bug' but more of a user experience issue.

When I click emotes in the emote selection drawer, the chat box fills with the text representation, and eventually the chat box auto-lengthens to accommodate increasing amounts of text. The emote I was clicking on has now moved enough pixels away such that if I do not move my cursor to adapt, I click on an unintentional emote. It is annoying to then have to delete a long string due to one single click.

Can we please change the behaviour so the chat box is perhaps static and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When viewing chats during a stream, a word/phrase filter would be nice so that posts can be blocked without temporarily blocking the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sometimes clip links sent in chat have "Something went wrong We couldn't find that clip" instead of preview

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be a very useful option for moderators to be able to control the slowmode for subs and non-subs in the moderation settings of the broadcaster.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. if you or someone in chat mentoins food you can remind people to eat and drink water (idont know how this works help)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be a way to chat while watching on full screen. Have a small space to type your message and keep the way messages are shown on the in game chat. (the way the streamer can see messages on their screen while playing. But add a chat bar for the people watching the gamer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Looking for a command/code on Twitch API when someone creates a clip and they use !clip the last clip made will go to chat with a link to the clip for everyone to watch. I do not want the command to make a clip or take a random clip from somewhere. I just want it to post the last clip made on my channel from my clips page that viewers made.

For those thinking why not get Nightbot or w/e? They can't because Twitch API doesn't let them. Should Twitch themselves have commands dedicated to Twitch stuff like clips, hosts…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to hide the Mod Badge/ Sword from view.

This is especially important for communities that are on the smaller side where new viewers may be intimidated by the amount of mods with their badge chatting.

It also allows certain moderators to mod anonymously.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some communities will notice a new way to "chant" during hype moments on stream. This is a limited time experiment where only some creators will have access to this feature. Creators and Mods will be able to use /chant (using text and/or emotes) in chat to kick one off. Viewers will see a private callout with the chant and can dismiss or choose to participate!

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions here. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

442 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Twitch responded

On 2/2, we will turn off Chants.

While this feature was popular, we observed negative impacts to minutes watched for significant groups of creators.

Experiments help us test new ideas in real time, and decide what to build next. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

13. Timeout users but they can only post 1~ emote every 30~ secs or even restricted to a curated selection of ;( emotes. User042 has been grounded/muted! or something catchy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You shouldn't have to deal with anyone ever again if you have them blocked. I recently had to block a friend because he was toxic but we are apart of the same community and so even with me blocking them, i still can see them being @'d and their name in chatlist also if you get blocked by someone why can you still see what their saying. Similar to Twitter if you are blocked by someone you shouldn't be able to see any interactions.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. In a time where twitch is evolving and changing a lot from its initial standpoint, I would say we could benefit from a little consistency and pride.
    Therefor my suggestion is loyalty badges - as in years you have been on twitch.
    This would mean after year 1, 2, 5, 10 you would have a badge you can choose to have in chat to show that you have been a part of twitch for x amount of time and isn’t a new spam account fx. - but someone who loves and cares for twitch.
    Steam has it fx. so I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be great to have a tool that allows people from chat to collaborate (play together) in video games. Since they are watching a stream they most likely play the game and most of the time like-minded people watch the same streamer. Making it seamless to play with someone from chat would increase community collaboration.

Link steam, blizzard, uplay or origin with Twitch. Need to allow users to send invite to become friends on a client or to invite to game.

Hit me up if you have questions on the feature request.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Estou com um bug no meu canal, especificamente no chat. Quando habilito a restrição de envio links no chat, ele acaba desativando os meu links do nigthbot. Arrumem isso.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I know many Streamers have Nightbot or other similar services connected to their Stream Chat, but most new users don't know all the possible commands they could use.

One existing solution is that users can type "!commands", but then they are just linked to an external website to see all available commands.

I propose a better solution where once the user types the "!" character, they are given suggestions with commands already existing in the Nightbot.

For example, in TeePee's channel, if you type "!", you should be given suggestions for "!sens", "!triggers", "!loadout", etc, similar to the auto-complete feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I wish I could use emotes such as :) and :( instead of the robot faces, they just express my feelings far more accurately and the robots should be optional

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello,
    I would suggest to make automatical block on every channel so when written message has more than 80% same words as message written in chat it will get blocked. Sure there should be same adjustment on how long the message should be and so on but it should not be hard to do.
    It is specially annoying in Esport games where copy/paste people are just ruinning the chat.

Best regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?