Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

975 results found

1. Would love to see a mod-only chat implemented using Whispers 2.0, or even just a group-chat in general. Love Whispers 2.0 so far, and I think it would do away with the current group chat that I don't think people know much about or use often.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In rooms with a lot of viewers things can be very crowded, making it difficult for the broadcaster to read and respond to chat.

One method for dealing with this is to allow channel moderators to tag interesting chat messages so that the broadcaster can see them easier. These messages could be highlighted to the broadcaster, made persistent like a "sticky", or even a filter mode so only tagged messages will show.

This offloads the work of finding significant messages within chat to the moderators instead of the broadcaster who's already preoccupied with the game.

This relies on the broadcaster…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think It would be awesome to have transparent chat. Theater mode is cool, but it would be even better to have transparent chat that user can place over fullscreen video and customize its size (like some streamers do using OBS)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you follow a streamer, you probably like what they say, and dont want to miss any of it. Giving them some kind of icon or other highlight would make it much easier to filter out the streamers i follow in very active chats

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I frequent a twitch channel that has been harassed by a troll persistently for the past 2-3 months. This troll has been evading chat bans by creating multiple accounts.

Recently, when the troll is banned from the chat, he's begun to use the tactic of whispering to other people in the chat room in order to harass them...some of these viewers are even foolish enough to pass on insults from the troll to the broadcaster.

The channel regulars know better than to respond to this troll, and ignore him, but the fact that the troll can still whisper other viewers…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If a stream is in sub-mode the streamer should be allowed to set a message as to why the chat is in sub-mode.

This could be turned and and if a regular viewers tries to chat he will get a message like:

"Sub-mode on to avoid spoilers for first week of release!"
    "We are having a Q&A session for subs."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You are currently capable of reviewing those deleted messages but most people are not interested in that and at least in my small audience i heard that they would love to have an option removing those "message deleted" messages entirely.
    Make it default perhaps?
    Mods and people that actually care about that (for honesty ... what reason...?) can turn it on in the settings.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello, sometimes I tend to chat with people therefore I completely miss out on what's actually happening with the game that the person is playing. On the other hand - sometimes I tend to watch broadcaster(s) in full screen and therefore if someone wanted to talk to me or just say something quickly - I would never know because I wouldn't be paying attention to chat. I can see that you guys are trying to keep things nice and simple here on Twitch and I appreciate it, you've already implemented "Whisper" feature - it's okay I guess, but what we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After clicking "View all rooms" add a option to see latest messages you've been mentioned in, while being in the channel(s).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think you could follow the chat easier if it was not immediately pushed one line up, instead it should be pushed in from bottom with a small animation.

the speed of the animation could be calculated by an algorithm involving messages/minute(second) the more messages the faster the animation.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've been in several streams now where I see people appear in the userlist that I know and say hello to them and have the streamer warn me about not calling out users. I would love it if there was an option to be invisible to everyone until you say something in chat! That way you can still read chat but not be disturbed until you choose to let your presence be known. :)

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello, I believe a better suggestion would be for viewers to be able to see the twitch chat while watching vods.

I belive what makes twitch, twitch, and not something like youtube, is be able to see and participate in chat.

234 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently /slow sets the slowmode to default 120 seconds. It could be used to let chatters look up how large ist is.
    This would help moderators to better set their slows based on channel activity. It would also prevent chatters from spamming the channel with "slowtest" messages.
    It should also show which moderator last changed the slowmode (only for the broadcaster and other mods).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Obviously some measures would need to be put in place to prevent abuse, but this would be a nice feature to have.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twitch partners get more "distinct" colors

2 votes