Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

972 results found

1. I propose a mass user chat filter/ignore feature where you are able to set certain mass filters to finally rid the spam/trolls/racists etc from chat.

Examples:

1) A user could set their chat to ignore all users under a certain age (say 18 for example) -- this will reduce the immature chat

2) Ignore chat from all subs from JohnDoe's stream (some streams are spam heavy which bleeds into other channels)

3) Ignore all users who use certain words (allows user to add custom or pre-selected filters for users who use abusive/hateful language)

This feature will hopefully allow a positive…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This is to prevent the major issue with trolls. a Regular only chat would mean that a person has been WATCHING the stream for a set amount of time before becoming a regular, and is following as well. Not something a bot/troll can follow button and just randomly pop in to troll the next day. We should be able to set the time limit as well like let's say it takes about 4 hours to become regular, I've only found 1 troll that waited an hour after ban to continue trolling, all the trolls I've seen, only troll until the…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to be able to type snippets of programming source code into chat.

For example, `@next += 1` would become <code>@next += 1</code> in the outputted HTML of the chat, which works great at first glance.

This would be a great feature for the #programming subchannel on Creative. Many programming sigils and tokens are meaningful in chat, so these would be ignored if inside a code tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Right now people can be distinguished by badges and name color, but allowing users to have different fonts can really help differentiate and provide more of a "personality" for chatters.

Streamers should be able to ban certain fonts in their streams that they find too hard to read or otherwise don't like.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Chat replay is certainly better now than at launch, but there has to be a way to ignore users. Clicking a name and pressing the ignore button does nothing (it doesn't even add them to your global ignore list).
    Also needs an option menu and popout capability, but those can wait.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You often see people typing ^ to show their support for a message. Why not make this a real feature. You could upvote a message and make it stay visible for longer or something like that. Quality messages wouldn't get lost so quickly (I am thinking of very rapid chats here especially). I guess it should be a special mode, since for slower chat it would not make sense to alter the order of the messages, since some messages are answers to questions etc.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add ability to turn on a notification sound for new messages in channels you are in, but you are tabbed out. It could be set to: notify about every message, notify about friend message, do not notify about new messages. The sound could be a simple BLIP sound.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have a running gag on my channel, and would love to be able to make a filter that automatically replaces one word with another to go along with the gag. Could also be used to fight spam and hate comdically.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Streamers should be able to ask a questions on which everyone watching them could answer. For example: Should i play Caitlyn or Jhin? Answers: "caitlyn" and "Jhin". And there would be a pop up which would allow streamer to see the score of both votings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This would be very handy when chat is spamming a global emote nonstop and timing people out isn't helping

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This could be a customizeable badge that only shows up locally (other users cant see it). There are a few ways this can be useful such as:

1. Being able to mark friends so you can see if they are chatting in the same room as you.

2. Tagging yourself so your own messages can be seen easier in screenshots.

3. Tagging the person you are chatting with in a busy channel so you can easily see their messages before they get buried under lines of spam. (Ablility to make it temporary maybe)

If you need to you can have it saved as…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the option to have chat on the left side of the window and the other options like the search bar and the friends list on the right side. Reason being that with dual monitor setups, if I'm playing a game on my left monitor, the chat is much farther away from my line of vision, reducing the ability to mod effectively

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Since this hasn't been posted in almost a year (see https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/297558-general/suggestions/8362308-add-a-follow-and-unfollow-command) Twitch needs to implement a /follow user command so if someone gets a shout out in chat you can just do /follow user instead of clicking on their name and doing everything with the mouse when we're already at a keyboard chatting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As most of you may know, the chat in large twitch streams is usually an endless stream of copy pastas and capitalized spam. People who want to use the chat to, well, chat have no choice but to remain silent or be buried under the barrage. I usually chat with individual friends about matches being streamed live and just now got the idea of having multiple "breakout" chat rooms that will each house a fraction of the viewers. Of course, this should be optional since no one should be denied the traditional twitch chat experience but I think it could…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make a @everyone mention so it highlights a message to everyone in the channel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Because it gets on the bottom right of the video.

P.S: Not when it's opened but when it's closed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I can keep only 2-3 whisper tiny windows open at the same time, and if someone else whispers me, it overlays the other windows and I can't do anything. Please let us popout these small windows to another tab and session.

like this: http://i.imgur.com/DyhUNnU.png

And it would look the same as we popout the channel chat.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would love to see a mod-only chat implemented using Whispers 2.0, or even just a group-chat in general. Love Whispers 2.0 so far, and I think it would do away with the current group chat that I don't think people know much about or use often.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In rooms with a lot of viewers things can be very crowded, making it difficult for the broadcaster to read and respond to chat.

One method for dealing with this is to allow channel moderators to tag interesting chat messages so that the broadcaster can see them easier. These messages could be highlighted to the broadcaster, made persistent like a "sticky", or even a filter mode so only tagged messages will show.

This offloads the work of finding significant messages within chat to the moderators instead of the broadcaster who's already preoccupied with the game.

This relies on the broadcaster…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think It would be awesome to have transparent chat. Theater mode is cool, but it would be even better to have transparent chat that user can place over fullscreen video and customize its size (like some streamers do using OBS)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?