Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

969 results found

1. When I try to whisper someone, a pop up chat appears under the stream screen as default but when that happens I cannot see the buttons of full-screen, clip or settings. I believe that's a UX problem and should be improved.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We should be able to bold our texts if it’s important

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Instead of having to post hyperlinks in chat that vary in character length/size; it would be great if hyperlinks could be used as markdown text in chat similar to panels. Hovering over links could be used as well here to display to the user which website the link leads to. This would be very useful for chat bots plus broadcasters and moderators could restrict markdown to themselves and/or view full links in chat instead to minimize scam or inappropriate links to other websites.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Click on the "Click to reply" button on a message in chat (in browser) ->
    Write a reply ->
    The message to which you are replying is removed before you send the reply ->
    Message is removed from chat ->
    Send reply ->
    The removed message is still (partially) visible in the reply, in the "replying to" header

This may not be the desired behavior. The reply should not (partially) show the deleted message but rather "replying to a deleted message" or similar.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let the content creator can change the background theme of the chatbox. So, it can be more than the normal White or Black theme chatbox. What do I mean about that, I'm talking about a little bit of customization. The content creator can the background color to Red, Blue, to Twitch's iconic Purple color, or whatever they like as long it's following Twitch's TOS. The letter's color will automatically change to adapt to the background color, so the viewers can still see the chat easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For example: you go to one of your followed creator's channels to see if they're live; and as it would turn out, they're not live yet, but are hosting another creators' channel.

I am suggesting that instead of having to go to the other creator's channel to interact with their chat while you wait for your main channel to go live, that instead you just click a toggle that will show your message in their chat and vise versa; to eliminate the need to switch channels or open another tab entirely to engage with another chat while you wait for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I’ve begun building an interactive intermission application for use on Twitch. Yesterday, the application was working fine.

Today I woke up and chat messages sent via IRC are not visible to users in real time.

Any messages sent by my application show up as past messages when a new user enters the chat, but no messages sent will appear in real time – they only update if the user re-enters the chat by reloading or opening the chat in a new window.

For example, if the bot sends a consecutive integer every second. User 1 joins 10 seconds after the…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When streaming using my VPN, my chat constantly disconnects and reconnects. This does not happen when VPN is off, and is not actually a connection issue as I never drop frames. I could ignore the constant spamming of "welcome to the chat room" but the problem is that I miss chats from my community. Being a small streamer, this is unacceptable as I read and respond to everyone. Being a female streamer, turning off my VPN is not an option. I do understand that twitch is trying to do something about people using VPN's to get around channel bans. But…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Users have no purpose in seeing when a comment has been moderated. The text should not simply have a stamp placed over it that shows everyone it was removed (social embarrassment pressure) but should be removed entirely from chat. It would allow for fewer data transfer to individuals who are performing as expected. It would reduce chat congestion. It would promote better engagement by streamers as they wouldn't have to scope though garbage comments to reply. If the message sender needs to be notified a whisper could be applied to them suggesting their comment was removed. No further information is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. i would like to be able to use commands in chat to play sound alerts instead of having viewers redeem channel points or use bits. for example !honk would play a honk sound. I know that it is possible for PC users but havent found anything for macs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The "Chat Filters" option should be stored server side and global (for all channels) and not just in a cookie. I don't want to disable the filters every time I log in to Twitch and set it for every single channel separately.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When the connection is lost for a considerable time, when reconnecting, a button can be pressed to reload the transmission but the chat keep frozen. The quick solution is to close the chat and open it after a few seconds, but it would be good if the reconnection is detected and the chat reconnects automatically as when the connection is lost for a few seconds.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. o meu chat nao tem o botao de identidade na caixa de chat. todos tem menos eu. https://i.imgur.com/zply7hU.png esta vazio, e eu queria algum jeito de arrumar isso

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The mod icons are very quick and easy, however a 600 second timeout can be very lengthy. I propose you allow mods to edit how many seconds a user would be timed out if they press that button. How it would work: near the area to turn on mod icons add a feature where the mod could input a number of seconds they want the timeout to be. This would apply to anyone they timeout. Ex: If a mod puts 60 seconds in that area, every time they press the time out button in that chat, a user would be…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While the auto scroll stop works completely fine by using a Mouse Wheel, it doesn't recognize that I am scrolling by using a touchscreen (tested on windows in a browser)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a special feature to mods/streamer on chat where you can shoutout a channel, and it will show on top of the chat, like the HypeTrain, giving some emphasis to this channel to be followed when this /shoutout command is used. This will give more opportunity to grow and be noticed to small streamers, when they are shoutout by medium and large streamers. An animated UI with Channel Name, channel profile picture, last game played and a follow buttom will help a lot.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bonjour, ni les paramètres de Twitch ni Nightbot ne permettent cela efficacement.
    Il serait super intéressant pour un créateur ou un modérateur de pouvoir bloquer les liens hypertexte à l'exception des clips Twitch (permettre par exemple en "termes autorisés" l'ajout d'un "https://www.twitch.tv/*"). Ou un bouton sous lien hypertexte bloqué/autorisé : clips oui/non.
    Merci !

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When the streamer put music and is in just chatting maybe the part of the chat can change the white or black color to others colors like a party and in that time the chat and the streamer they will have a more real party experience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Very simple, VPNs and TOR / onion routing are routinely weaponized by bad actors such as serial trolls and harassers to effortlessly ban evade Twitch's IP bans, especially when the bar to create new accounts is incredibly low (if not virtually non-existent). The time has come for Twitch to disable these backdoors that enable harassers and does more harm than good. Twitch uses IRC for its chat functionality, and IRC natively supports detection and blocking of these services. (Twitch just has to enable it)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. a filter for chat (like slow mode) but instead of slowing down the time a chatter can send a message, all people can send messages at whatever speed they want but only a random few actually go through. This would help bigger creators who have high viewership, because even if they have 30 second slowmode on, there is still thousands of people who can send a message within that time. This also helps creators who don't want to use 'money mode' but would still like their chat to be viewable. There could be a setting to determine how many messages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?