Chat/Messaging

1. Customizable chat

Make chat customizable so streamers can turn on/off different stuff and combine them like badges/colors etc and make each chat unique.
    In my case I'd like to turn off nickname color, combine all badges into one (i.e. if viewer is a sub and prime one then he will have badge with crown, if he is sub and moderator then he will have badge with green border), in case of regular viewer (just follower but always watches the stream) then he will have his nickname color

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a shadowbanning system for bot accounts.

It's too easy to create an account so once a user reports a bot account the staff bans them, they get a new IP and are ready to go again.

If you implement a shadowbanning system where their messages appear in chat but not to other users then that means that staff only have to ban the user once as they will not make a new account. It would be like a global ignore feature except the person being banned will not know that they have been ignored by every user. This would make the staffs job so much easier…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Twitch whisper

Can twitch make something like facebook, when you see in whisper if person read message what you send. sometimes peoples dont see, what i send. and i dont want be annoying to type multiple times. thanks

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Chat Badge for Time on Twitch

Good afternoon everyone!

I think it would be a neat feature for users to earn a chat badge for a specific amount of the time that they have been on Twitch.

In my opinion, a 5 year badge would be appropriate for this feature (i.e. If I created my account in 2011, I would earn a badge in 2016).

This would also be a great way of saying thank you to those who have been using the website for a while and motivate those to remain on Twitch.

Users should also be able to enable/disable the badge in their settings…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restricted mode for chat

A possible idea that would be beneficial to both Twitch and their (popular) streamers is a 'restricted' mode for chat; it’d work the same as sub-only mode, but also include former subscribers and current turbo users. The benefits would include:

* Strong incentive for viewers to purchase Turbo. Those who have Turbo would be able to talk in any chat with restricted mode on.
    * Streamers who like to interact with their chat, but have sub-only mode enabled to keep it from moving too quickly, could use this instead.
    * Great incentive for viewers to subscribe to a channel with…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide emote spam in chat

When watching popular channels, the chat is often a wall of emote spam not saying anything, and any 'actual' chat messages disappear too fast to read. It would be very useful to hide any messages that are just repeated emotes.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Chat Notes/Pinned messages

I think it would be a great idea if the streamer or moderators could put a message/note above the chat to notify people. Whether it's temporarily for a minute or left there for the whole day.

Especially with bigger streamers who have a chaotic chat. A note or announcement can quickly be pinned at the top and everyone can quickly click on it and/or read it (a little pin symbol would be fitting I suppose).

Additionally, it can get annoying for streamers to have to answer the same questions over and over again. That's why I think a little note…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. use notice for bots or for all users

use notice for bots or for all users, it would not be bad, because sometimes people triggers a bot and thereby flood the chat, adding standard functionality IRC would fix this problem, and it would add to bots more opportunities to notify users of something without showing the rest any messages

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ban from Viewer list

make it so when an account is banned from a stream it stays banned in viewer list too. As a mod for a streamer, they get uncomfortable knowing said person they banned is in viewer list, and the bot running on viewer list for commands keep saying their name.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to clear chat automatically once it reaches the bottom..

On smaller channels, it is often not a problem reading chat and it in fact works quite well. However, when you tend to watch very popular streamers, it can become a struggle reading chat. I therefore propose the idea of integrating an option to clear chat automatically every time it reaches the bottom of the side bar. This way your eyes can read the chat very easily, since it will be stationary and not getting pushed around by the incoming messages. Would be very easy to program and would highly enhance the watching experience.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show streamer/mods passive and active mods present

Having to open the user list to see how many mods are there—digitally if not mentally—all the time is way too much hassle.

Can’t we show channel staff (not regular users because of privacy) a number for the passive mods and active mods so people know whether to ask more to come by and keep things cordial?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Replace (common) shorturls with their full URL or just ban them to fight abuse

Please add an opt-in or opt-out feature (preferably the latter) that will detect common shorturls like bit.ly, tinyurl.com, etc and either replace them with the full URL they link to or just give the user an error message saying obfuscating shorturls aren’t allowed.

Right now, there’s a well-known issue of people posting malicious URLs with scams, IP loggers, and just self-promotional crap.

I don’t know how much Twitch does to blacklist malicious URLs, but an option to ban seemingly normal shorturls would be a big help and make it a lot harder for scammers and self-promoters.

This is what I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. GIVE US BACK CURSE

I do not l ike being forced to join.. I hate twitch and its invasive these bastards gave me the name of my toon

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Displaying Whispers

It would be helpful if a user could make the window displaying Whispers larger, so it's easier to both compose and read messages, and follow the conversation.

Also, being able to move where on the screen the Whispers box is displayed would be appreciated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twitch Android app v5.0.3 no chat in landscape

In the new version of the twitch app for Android (v5.0.3), there does not appear to be any way to have chat on the screen while in landscape mode. This was a feature that I used a lot and its disappearance is disappointing.

Was this intentional, or an oversight?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Halloween emote tweak

For Halloween, change the emote ResidentSleeper to ResidentCreeper.
    If not that, maybe add one in. The tweak could be as simple as adding a bright red-ish white glow to each of his eyes as seen in some memes.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. only one account per viewer

i'm a moderator and a streamer and i have seen rude viewers who call streamers names and moderators i do ban them but they just keep coming back to the stream were i'm a mod so what's the point so i suggest one account per viewer to make sure they are band

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Chat/Messaging

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base