Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

970 results found

1. This is to prevent the major issue with trolls. a Regular only chat would mean that a person has been WATCHING the stream for a set amount of time before becoming a regular, and is following as well. Not something a bot/troll can follow button and just randomly pop in to troll the next day. We should be able to set the time limit as well like let's say it takes about 4 hours to become regular, I've only found 1 troll that waited an hour after ban to continue trolling, all the trolls I've seen, only troll until the…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I think you could follow the chat easier if it was not immediately pushed one line up, instead it should be pushed in from bottom with a small animation.

the speed of the animation could be calculated by an algorithm involving messages/minute(second) the more messages the faster the animation.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd really love a proper DM system similar to other social sites, group chats, good comms, stable software etc. Personally love Instagram and twitter format, but ours really... sucks. I have ZERO incentive to use Twitch as a means of communication. I run a lot of giveaways for big streamers and have to DM people which usually results in a blacklist because im messaging too many people, hence why I never use whispers and just ask people to DM me on other platforms. I'd love to see reactions enabled, proper linking and formatting, no weird server disconnects, messages not sending/appearing,…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new /shoutout command is pretty cool, but isn't able to replace the existing shoutouts that we all do in our bots. Since the bots are usually mods in their respective channels, those users should be able to use the /shoutout command (just as they can use commands like /announce); however, I have not been able to make this work. Please consider allowing chat (IRC) connections to use the /shoutout command, so we can augment our bot shoutouts with the new feature!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commands  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the stream I mod, we are using the chat restriction feature to prevent trolls from spamming messages. In some case where we see the troll is spamming even if they are in chat restriction mode, we take further action to permanently ban. But since chat history of chat-restricted user appears not being logged, other mods / streamer cannot see the context of ban.

Can we make the chat history of chat-restricted users logged? I'm pretty sure there will be many other scenarios the chat log is going to be helpful for moderating the chat.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Leave a rules button next to the channel points to highlight the rules.
    Note: I make this suggestion because many do not read the rules and the rules button is currently very "hidden" because it has to open the settings.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. One of my Twitch friends inadvertently blocked me. He would send me whispers, but I couldn't reply. Every time I attempted to reply, I would see the message "That user's settings prevent them from receiving this whisper." It would be helpful if a similar message was displayed for a Twitch user whispering someone he or she has blocked - "You're whispering someone whom you've blocked. That person is unable to whisper back to you."

Also, it seems as though blocking someone from whispering automatically blocks receiving a DM from them. In situations where someone was blocked inadvertently, it would be…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Depois de raids eu vou para o chat de outra live, até aí tudo bem. Mas então quando falo no chat, a minha mensagem só aparece para mim, não aparece pro streamer e nem pros viewers dele. Se puderem fazer alguma coisa sobre isso, eu agradeço.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I've been in several streams now where I see people appear in the userlist that I know and say hello to them and have the streamer warn me about not calling out users. I would love it if there was an option to be invisible to everyone until you say something in chat! That way you can still read chat but not be disturbed until you choose to let your presence be known. :)

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch doesn't support long top level domains.
    Like https://twitch.productions/

Could we please fix this?

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to upload any image to the chat of any streamer, which has a sample duration of about 30 seconds, which by default can only be uploaded by the content creator and channel moderators and which has a filter in case obscene things are uploaded. Images from twitter or any platform could also be shown and displayed as the cover of the Clips in the chat.

This could show in the chat, with command, more personalized badges or a random face of any follower / subscriber that the streamer has previously created, without strictly diverting attention from the broadcast.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Likeable chat messages. We must get a chance to like a chat message while we are watching a stream. And we will be able to see who gets most likes or dislikes. In my opinion, it definitely provides much more chatting, viewers. You should get this feature, you should make it happen.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This would be very handy when chat is spamming a global emote nonstop and timing people out isn't helping

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make daily, weekly, monthly and permanent usernames appear with animated bar to benefit the creator and followers

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Can you please clarify this request? Sorry, but we weren't able to figure out what it meant. Please provide a bit more detail. Thank you.

15. (user in chat)

hello

my idea in users in chat

show list of who subscriber channels

like :

Broadcaster

Moderators

VIPs

subscribers

Users

https://i.imgur.com/UgrRvpR.png

and that all thing i have

thank you for read

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So after years of chatting to others in whispers with no complaints Twitch is now trying to make me verify my account for some strange reason which I will not do as you have not proven yourself safe with personal data and I also do not wish to give you my phone number etc. This is a gross overstep for little gain as people who want to contact people in whispers to be awful or create fake accounts can just create new accounts with fake numbers or some such not to mention phone numbers that are not accepted by twitch…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It's been 10+ days i'm getting "Verified Accounts only chat" in EVERY single channel i try to chat, even in those where i'm sure the "Verified only" feature is disabled. I'm pretty sure it's either a bug or my account has been flagged in some way, because if i try to chat in those same channels with a different account i can do it without any problem.
    I've also read in some other Ideas here that other users are having this bug... Unfortunately i can't add my Phone number to verification at the current time, so please look into this,…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Instead of having to post hyperlinks in chat that vary in character length/size; it would be great if hyperlinks could be used as markdown text in chat similar to panels. Hovering over links could be used as well here to display to the user which website the link leads to. This would be very useful for chat bots plus broadcasters and moderators could restrict markdown to themselves and/or view full links in chat instead to minimize scam or inappropriate links to other websites.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. So... Youtube's chat is a disaster and you decided to copy the WORST feature they have? Why not...

AT LEAST, show the username on top of the chat instead of 2 letters+amount. What is the point of having "An 600€" pinned for 5h on the chat... At least having a pinned nickname is something. (I swear, amount does not have to be pinned)

BTW, this is not a good feature...

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Hype Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Suggested feature: Twitch chat presets only chat

Twitch has subscribers only chat and emotes only chat. What we need is chat presets only chat. In that mode, viewers can only communicate by using available chat presets. Twitch should have a default chat presets that streamers can use.

Recommended chat presets include but not limited to:

Hi
    It's nice to meet you

I will be lurking
    Be right back

Nice job
    Nice aiming
    Nice clutch
    Nice win

Good luck, have fun
    You can do this
    Don't give up