Chat/Messaging

1. Give streamers an option to disallow the usage of clipboard in chat.

People rapidly copy-pasting their (and each other's) messages are a major source of spam which gives the Twitch community a bad name. Technically, it's possible to block the usage of clipboard using javascript. Streamers should be allowed to enable this on their channel. The feature should be opt-in and optional for those streamers who want to encourage civilized discourse and already don't allow posting links in chat.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Channel Option to completely block a chat message containing words on the banned words filter.

@pokimanelol suggested you guys add an option to completely block a message that contains one of the words on the channel's banned words filter, instead of replacing the word with **** or <message deleted> or something ? Just like with r9k mode or a chat with a chat delay they would get a message their word is on the banned word filter

Could even add an extra option to time out those people for 1-10 minutes for using those words.

For larger channels this could also prevent a lot of clutter in chat, cos the chatbots won't have to time…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to ignore specific users in chat

These days there are more and more spammers in twitch chat which is irritating when anyone needs to ask the streamer/any other person any questions in chat.

Could you please add a feature to ignore a user in chat. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement as it can just be fixed on the client side by clicking the name of the user and selecting ignore. (A good example is Azubu.tv ).
    Ignored users can then be shown in a separate section in chat settings if you want to remove them from the ignore list later.

A side benefit of…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Team Emotes

I think it would be really nice if stream teams could have access to an official team emote that only members of the stream team can use in any chat to support the team and help promote the team.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "more messages below" gets in the way

In slow-moving chat the “More messages below.” text obscures the last message. Maybe it would be better if it was a bit lower down so we could read the last msg?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Faster chat refresh on mobile

Faster refresh of chat on mobile. 1 second chat update time feels too slow to me for bigger streams which means it's possible to miss messages. Processing power isn't an issue as third party apps manage to do it on my phone

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Popout chat in rediffusion

Hey, i'm a french user, and i want to know if my idea is possible
    I want to know if it's possible to create an option for popout chat when we are on redifusion of stream, that is so interesting when someone have two (or more) screen and want see the redif in fullscreen.
    It's basic and not a priority but it's interesting for some viewer, I think
    Sorry, if my Englis is so bad :/
    Thanks for read

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to hide chat replay

Some people don't mind watching the chat replay. That's fine. But others do not like it. If viewers had the option to hide chat replay like they can during live streams, everyone would be happier. It would also reduce the amount of resources needed to view videos, especially for lower end computers.

There is absolutely no possible downside to adding the ability to disable chat when watching replays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Redesign Twitch Badges

I think the actual badges like Moderator or Twitch prime don't look good compared to badges like the Gift Sub badge, I suggest to redesign the squared badges, we would like material design badges that are not squared, for the moderator badge I would like to see only the sword and not the green squared.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement Chat-Per-Minute Option For Streamers

Allow streamers to set the number of comments that are allowed to be posted in their chat channel per minute, implemented through a simple comment queue system.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Anonymous Mod Actions

Hide mod activity from users (eg. which mod banned someone).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Expose ban/timeout count across all channels in mod view

Currently, the mod view of a user exposes bans and timeouts specific to the channel. Expose bans and timeouts across all of Twitch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Verified Game Dev Badge

It would be nice if companies could add verified dev twitch accounts associated with their games, and if the dev's were in chats of streams playing those games they could get a special game dev badge in chat to show that.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Users should be able to scroll through the whole chat from a full broadcast.

When we're watching a broadcast, I think it would be a good idea for the whole chat log to be scrollable and not just snippets cut off like every 5 minutes.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DURBAN SENIOR PHARMACY +27835179056 MORE Advanced@#$ abortion clinic in stanger inanda kwamashu overport Cleland clarendon bellevve

DURBAN SENIOR PHARMACY +27835179056 MORE Advanced@#$ abortion clinic in stanger inanda kwamashu overport Cleland clarendon bellevve

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This new feature with entire users chat history is a bit much.

I totally get the reasoning but lets be honest a lot of the humor on twitch is cheeky straddling the line of offensive. Without the context of that channels convo at the time it totally misrepresents the jokes being made when viewed in that history manor. If you dont understand this view then you dont understand comedy and comedy is a massive part of the twitch community. This feature is misrepresenting every ones statements making them seem harsher then they actually are. The art of comedy is to getting people to laugh at things they never thought would be funny…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. loosen up a little

I'm objecting to the "No Complaining" rule on the Rifftrax chat. What's that about? It's a form of free speech; as long as nobody's promoting dangerous and/or illegal behavior, what's wrong with a little griping? It's a good way to relieve stress.
    Also, could some of the moderators ease up a bit? Honestly, you'd think they'd never heard of sarcasm before.
    I don't mind having rules, it keeps out trolls and other bad types, but come on....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recent chat history

As a few channels moderator, if i need to refresh the page i'll loose all the chat messages. It would be great to reload lastest messages at least for mods and channels owners after refreshing

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. closed room with access to invite

closed room with access to invite, there are already rooms for subscribers, and moderators, but I want to be able to make a channel, or several, closed ones, and invite people there, by invites
    PS for example for games like mafia where every group has its own channels, for communication at night

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the ability to embed a specific chat room

Right now you can only embed the stream chat, it would be great to be able to embed a specific chat room.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Chat/Messaging

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base