Chat/Messaging

1. New Chat Mode Concept - Gaming Team Subscribers Only

I’ve had this idea in my mind for a while now, and I really felt like sharing it with you. Imagine I’m subscribed to a specific stream, I for example now choosing TSM_Daequan the fortnite streamer. So this guy is a steamer for tsm, such as many other popular streamers like Myth tor Hamlinz. So my idea is a new chat mode, that allows your own subs AND subs of your gaming team streamers to talk in chat. This could be a pretty relevant mode, and will increase the cooperation between twitch streamers. For example, if I was just watching…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to close chat on mobile

Because it's only available on PC and sometimes I prefer to close it when watching certain channels.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Block users in VOD chat

Currently, you cannot enable chat on videos if you don't want to see some really undesirable comments. We need a way to block users in VODs or just by going to their profile.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make full screen mode with chat hidden not log out you out of chat completely

Yeah for some reason you thought logging you out of chat during full screen mode (with chat hidden) is a good idea. Well, you miss every message written during the time you were in full screen.
    It just shows you the "logging you in to chat" message when you turn full screen off and shows nothing written during that time.
    And I don't want the chat showing in full screen mode, because it limits the stream screen size.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Extended Moderatortools

I need buttons before the name with not only 10min timeout but also 1sec (just for deleting message) and 1day time-out etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User Images in IRC chat

Adding User images in IRC chat and allowing a setting to disable feature (compact mode) Bringing the IRC chat to a more modern UI, also having the image URL in the IRC object would allow for chat bots to not have to make API calls just to get the user images and cut down on requests or channels that have over 100 viewers, Each api request is 100 user capped so if a channel has 1000+ users it is a lot of strain on the application and API for anyone attempting gather user images through API calls

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow streamers to set a limit on the number of people that can send messages chat.

Since twitch has grown in size, many people have realized that streamers can no longer engage with their community the way they used to. Even with subscriber-only mode turned on, due to the massive increase in twitch prime subs, most long time streamers' chats are still filled with spam. You should give streamers a mode that limits the amount of viewers that can talk in chat, giving priority to those who have been subbed the longest(including or not including prime subs), and then those who has been following the longest. This gives people who have been watching a streamer for…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chat input is delayed

I'm not sure if this is channel-specific, but most of the times on go.twitch.tv, your chat input takes a while to show up on the chat box when you submit it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add an option to remove or hide Emotes from Crates

I have some emotes from crates that I don't want , there should be an option to remove or hide them from the emote menu at least. thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. add sub tier to IRC object

Right now the IRC just gives a true false on if someone is subbed, can we get an update like instead of true false, have it like the subscriptions object 100, 200, 300 for tier 1, 2, 3

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Derivatives of OpieOP

The face of the emote has already expressed interest in Twitch allowing for this to happen as seen here:
    https://twitter.com/OpieDelivers/status/897469586358104064
    Please make it happen, favorite emote on Twitch

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. change ipad version

Beginning yesterday 4th august I can no longer hide chat, so it takes up 20 - 25 % of the screen and the stream. The button to remove chat is gone??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cheers on Chat don't work no more!

Refund for Cheers wallet. I'd like a system to refund Cheers wallet.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Main Moderator

Most streamers already have their main mods with which they communicate. Also often in big streams, streamers dont know all users in chat and who is who(does user adequate or how long user here). So i suggest if streamer wants he can create one main moderator in channel, that can mod(or unmod) other user.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications clickable with middle mouse to open in new tab

When one is watching a stream they will have the Notifications button on bottom left part of the screen next to the user avatar icon. When you press this button it will open recent notifications. I would like to be able to open these links in an another tab instead in the current one as i'm watching a stream and could check out what the notification is about on the side. Atm it might be a notification of a video and actually no other information like the name of the video.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have sub birthday badges

It might be a nice feature to display a birthday badge (a birthday cake or candles or something) against your name in a broadcaster's chat when you are subscribed to them and it is your birthday.
    This could be another fun little way to facilitate subscriber and broadcaster interaction.
    It may need an opt-in checkbox on your profile in case you don't want anyone knowing your birthday.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pictures/Selfies

Imagine if you could post pictures in the chat. Both mobiles and PCs would be able to send a picture on the chat. Furthermore, mobile users could take a selfie that moment. You could test this feature, so the mods and the streamer can post pics, if everything goes okay, subs and viewers should be able to post pics too (But a moderator or the streamer should verify it first).
    This feature will bring people closer. It wont be the faceless chat we all know.. It brings the reality of the gameworld to twitch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. streamers badge

it would be a great idea if we streamers have a badge wen we chat to other streamers and also it would help streamers quite a lot when viewers see our badge

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Chat/Messaging

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base