Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

576 results found

1. The "Filters" menu on the "Activity Feed" widget opens downward. This can cause the menu to go below the browser screen, depending on the layout of the Mod View and screen resolution.

It should be how "Mod Actions" is designed.
    The "Filter" menu on the "Mod Actions" widget opens in a position that is visible no matter how far down to the bottom of browser the widget is positioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. The new feature that allows people to tag creators in the channel title does not currently work in Mod View. Having that not visible in the title in Mod View makes the feature feel like it's not working and if a mod happened to want to look more into the creators that are being tagged, they would have to manually search for that creator or find them in the viewer list (which, there is no guarantee that someone being featured on the stream would be in the viewer list) which defeats the purpose of having the feature in the first…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It seems that there are no banned words in the ban appeals so banned users are saying some very nasty things to streamers using the ban appeals to get around banned words in the chat. The streamer I mod for being a female is getting some really disgusting and disturbing things said to her in the ban appeals because of this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. The phrase "take your meds" is a seriously overlooked phrase that incites hatred, is disparaging, and implies a derogatory attitude towards neurodivergent people.

Too often, people invoke mental health terms and phrases such as "take your meds" "that's so bipolar" "You're acting like a schizo"

Perhaps a blanket ban is overreaching, but Twitch should take it upon itself, on its own platform, that typically champions people of neurodivergence, to stop such a toxic, hateful, vile expression and attitude towards those who may have differing perspectives, opinions, outlooks on life, or even represent an older generation of twitch users.

It is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. Shield Mode is a great addition to Twitch and will definitely make keeping our streams safe easier. It would be nice to have the Shield Mode shortcut button also in the Stream Manager chat as now it only seems to be in the chat on your channel page chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  6. I tried to get phone verification but never received SMS or call with the code. My phone number has +57 prefix. Three weeks trying without success. I’m not able to chat with some streamers because of this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We need a way to make it so new accounts cant chat/follow, the current system is useless, someone can just make a new account, verify it with a burner email and skip all the security to harass the streamer continuously. Phone verify alienates people because not everyone wants to give away their phone number/ it can be a bit of a hassle to set up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I share ban list with another account, I banned an account prior to the ability of being able to share bans. I recently unbanned that account but it's still reporting it being banned in my shared ban list to other accounts but it's not banned in my account. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Here's the link showing it's banned
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037406389594767410/unknown.png

link showing it's not banned in my channel
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403865185779753/unknown.png

what I see when in a channel I share a ban list with:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403301060296805/unknown.png

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. That's to say: Sometimes streamers censor illogical words like "shield" and "spoiler", or even more and more illogical words, and to the person sending the message it doesn't show it replaced with "***", which leads to some communication issues.

Solution: have it show replaced for the sender as well, maybe even inform them which word it is (in case it was not a globally blacklisted word for obvious reasons). Or allow viewers to disable the censorship overall on their side if they want, just like how we have chat filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It may seem extreme to some people, but i'm a moderator on a girl streamer's channel and lately she's gotten a lot of harassment from just one person, that person does not stop creating accounts all the time just to continue writing uncomfortable and improper things to her.

Me and her channel's moderator team are reporting all of his accounts through Twitch's reporting system, but that won't limit the person from creating new accounts.

So, my idea is that only the streamer will have access to suspend IP addresses of multi-account stalkers.

Thanks for reading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. The feature would allow the moderators on mobile to run , close , and distribute channel points without the use of a pc! It’s more reliable a game changer at that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow creators to force a timed-out user to watch a short video explaining why they have been timed-out to return the chat/stream.

It happens sometime that user are misconducting not-necesserly on-purpose, and they may feel a ban or timeout unjustified. Neither creators or moderators have time to explain everytime what is wrong with such misconduct, and it can create a lot of frustration on both side.

Ban and timeout lack sometime of context, and in the same time, a timed-out user who has intentionally misconduct may just want to continue to harass, so they would have to come back again…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. it will be better if moderators can delete their own message on the chat.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Using the word "*****" in a negative context on the Twitch platform or anywhere else is offensive and inappropriate. These words are slang terms that can offend and humiliate women.

Nowadays, in the context of the struggle for gender equality and respect for women's rights, it is important to respect each person and avoid using words and expressions that can harm others.

As a member of the Twitch community, you can play an important role in maintaining a respectful and enjoyable environment for all users by avoiding offensive language and by taking an active part in the fight against discrimination…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  15. Please log the held restricted/monitored messages from suspicious users like automod comments are logged.

Due to the nature of a lot of traffic in large channels, messages in the Suspicious Users widget in mod view expire leaving banned users logs empty with only the message prompting you to go to the mod view widget and who banned them.

This potential oversight not logging the actual message could lead to another mod seeing a user banned for no reason if the banning mod fails to leave a mod comment or the offenders username isn't an obvious tell to a ban evader.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  16. Having an option to limit what character typesets can be used in chat.

For English stream, it could be limited to ASCII-95 (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Programming/ASCII)
    If a character was used outside of this typeset, the whole message would not go through.

Any variation could work on this.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please go back to moderators being able to block users from appearing in their own chat, with the option to <click to show>.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently with the new User monitoring system, when a user has been marked as restricted all further messages from the user are not logged anywhere. So a use case: A user has been marked as Restricted due to ban evasion and decides to come into a channel to be unruly and toxic, the messages are hidden from the rest of chat and a moderator can action accordingly eg ban. That said user comes back at a later period and requests an unban. There is no context other than the user is restricted. There is none of the users messages in…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. Ban any spelling or spacing of the word r@pe. I have had to type this word in every way possible onto my banned phrases list and I am sick of people coming up with new ways that the automod will not pick it up. It would be valuable for the mental health of streamers/viewers if this word could be recognized in every way possible so that it doesn't ever get through on chat. I appreciate the attempts to catch it but... I feel that more could be done. Thank you for your time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  20. This could enable mods or streamers the ability to see ban reasoning for a ban in a shared channel (provided any is given). In addition to helping channels moderate who comes into their channel and chats, this would also make Shared Ban Info useful for moderating bots that sit quietly in chat that may be generating follow-bot raids, collecting ISPs, or merely collecting data for who knows who and for what purpose. Having some indication that they are banned (and the reasoning) in a channel for which ban info is shared on User Profile Cards would make Shared Ban Info…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 11 13 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?