Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

578 results found

1. Ban any spelling or spacing of the word r@pe. I have had to type this word in every way possible onto my banned phrases list and I am sick of people coming up with new ways that the automod will not pick it up. It would be valuable for the mental health of streamers/viewers if this word could be recognized in every way possible so that it doesn't ever get through on chat. I appreciate the attempts to catch it but... I feel that more could be done. Thank you for your time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. This could enable mods or streamers the ability to see ban reasoning for a ban in a shared channel (provided any is given). In addition to helping channels moderate who comes into their channel and chats, this would also make Shared Ban Info useful for moderating bots that sit quietly in chat that may be generating follow-bot raids, collecting ISPs, or merely collecting data for who knows who and for what purpose. Having some indication that they are banned (and the reasoning) in a channel for which ban info is shared on User Profile Cards would make Shared Ban Info…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  3. The new suspicious user feature is great, but there one huge downside which ends up making me having to ban.

When a user is marked as a suspicious user, they still have the ability to spam redeem channel points redemptions and the message saying "You message has been held due to channel moderation settings" causes a barrage of messages saying "hey I cant type in chat" etc etc etc.

PLEASE make it so suspicious users are UNAWARE they can't chat & don't allow suspicious users (& non followers) to spam redeem channel points.

Please! This would help out small streamers…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. It is way too easy to accidentally activate Shield mode for a new moderator when there is a click-through handholding guide that pops up with it. Please make it wait until after the walkthrough to avoid accidental activation. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. There needs to be an option to choose what powers moderators get. Training a new mod? give them only the ability to delete messages and give timeouts. One of your mods bans people too easily? Take away their ability to ban people. This needs to be more granular.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. I think twitch should add predefined ban reasons/categories (like homophobia, racism, harrasment, ...) that moderators could use. This feature could open to many moderation improvments that I detail below

More details :
    - Twitch could reserve ban categories Ids (like the 100 first ids) for common ban categories that every streamer can use
    - Other Ids could be reserved for other purposes (country related law, ...)
    - Other Ids (let's day IDs from 1000 and above) could allow streamers create custom reasons.
    - Moderators often use tools (FFZ, ...) that would help use this feature more efficiently

Other features that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Automod blocks the phrase gay sex but not the work sex or the phrase straight sex

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. please simplify adding to banned terms phrases using twitch automod / command for /addblockedterm would help a ton

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. The new restrictions on verified chat requires using a personal mobile number only??? You want me to expose my personal mobile number to being hacked or used for your marketing purposes? I have a VOIP number associated with my my email and mobile number for the purpose of keeping things separated that I have used for SEVEN YEARS for security purposes. It is a shame that you don't respect your user's privacy and security. The recent hack of Twitch is proof I don't want you to have my personal mobile number. You need to change the requirement, since I have…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I wish Shield mode had a Slider in Moderator Mode just like the other chat options. However to prevent accidental Activation it had a confirmation pop up kind of like when you look at emotes or click a username to gift a sub.

Admin audit: Summarized idea in title for ease of search & discovery by other users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The TL;DR - allow the option to turn off the highlighting of restricted and monitored users, while still having their messages viewable in the suspicious user activity widget.

The new "Suspicious User Controls" feature, while having a lot of potential, currently works in a very counter-productive way. "Restricted" users are notified that they are being restricted, however their messages still show up on both the broadcaster and moderators vision - with an additional highlight. For automatically flagged users this makes sense, but whats the point of manually restricting an account when you could just ban them instead?
    This feature would…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. You need to do a better job explaining it or making the settings opt in rather than opt out. just booted my whole chat accidently

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. Chatters that are currently live on Twitch should have a badge next to their name or some type of notification for the streamer. I have seen multiple streamers browse Twitch while they are live and harass other streamers. Being able to see that a chatter is live when they pop in and say "hi" would be a good warning for the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. EN: Hello, you should do an audit on the Twitch France moderation team. Rumors are flying all over the Discord servers about possible channel migrations to other platforms. Streamers are starting to poll their audience on the subject; and not the least since this brews an average of 5000 viewers per stream. The reasons that often come up are: the shares taken by Twitch on each sub; low quality of dialogue between streamers and Twitch France; the quality of moderation responsible for sanctioning streamers, clearly oriented and less and less objective.
    FR: Bonjour, vous devriez faire un audit sur l'équipe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  15. The Shared Ban list warning should apply for all incoming messages, not just the first-time chat.

Example scenario: A user chats in my stream, doesn't say anything ban-worthy, e.g. "Hello." They say something to get banned by someone who I've shared ban lists with. I want to know that they've been banned but the current implementation will not share that information.

The current implementation makes it quite easy for a bad actor to evade these warnings. Also, it's unlikely that people will open with something offensive unless they truly are trolling.

For this feature to truly be valuable, we need…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  16. If Twitch for example does an experiment with having verified chatting in every stream please give us a notice on socials or even on Twitch itself. Also an option to opt out of it would be nice but I understand that verifying your phone is the future of Twitch. Since this test is not being done to every Twitch user only a select few I think it's fair to have that opt out option. A percentage will just verify phone and that's the data that Twitch wants anyway.

It's been over 24 hours. Still can't chat and the sad part…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be useful if a streamer could set it so that moderated chats are hidden from them live, but are still able to be reviewed elsewhere if necessary. It would help the stream not become derailed if the streamer is being constantly harassed by one or more individuals, as moderators could essentially hide what was going on from the streamer. And it would have the added benefit of letting moderators remove blatant spoilers before they are seen by the streamer as well.

This would require a lot of trust on the streamer's part, but that is why it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'd like Shield Mode to automatically disable follower only chat, sub only chat, etc when I am online.

Basically, if I'm offline, Shield Mode should be on in full force, when I'm online, disable it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  19. Most bots have the possibility of choosing actions to be taken depending on filters. An emote spam filter for example would be very useful especially if it could delete the specific message only and recognize bttv, 7tv and ffz emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When using Shield, I think it would be a great addition to allow the streamer to decide on having autobans or timeouts, depending on the severity of what is said in chat by chatters.

I understand that the autoban is there to prevent some really nasty things in chat, and for that, I get it. But, my mind is telling me that I also would like to have the option to change that for certain phrases and/or individual words.

e.g.

When entering custom phrases like, "you suck", "ur trash", etc.

These are definitely mean, but bannable offenses, I don't think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?