Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

593 results found

1. add that accounts need to be with a certain time of creation decided for the same channel, time can vary from no time to days, weeks, or months if intended.
    when the account surpasses this creation time, ti will be able to speak in your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently, the mod view of a user exposes bans and timeouts specific to the channel. Expose bans and timeouts across all of Twitch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. A lot of the time I'm chasing a name around a moving chat trying to right click it for the Purge/Ban interface. It would be way easier if I could see a message that needs to be purged that warrants a ban and just right click the message itself to get that popup interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow mods to highlight users so that they can see them easier in chat. This would make it easier to mod repeat offenders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Right now on the twitch app, you can tap someone’s name for the ban and timeout options to show up. However, when using timeout, it defaults to 10 minutes. Please add options to the timeout feature on the mobile app that allow mods to choose between different set times for a timeout. Such as: 1 second(purge), 1 hour, 1 day, ect. My biggest wish is to just being able to purge someone’s messages from stream when I need to mod from mobile. If more timeout options can’t be added, then at least add a ‘Purge’ option to the app that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. If another moderator hurries to Deny a message, all info pertaining to this message is lost as it removes itself. Could this potentially remain but just have the button removed and say (Actioned by ModeratorExample123)?

This allows us to deny the message, add the blocked terms and then also timeout/ban the user in question.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. I would love a button that allows us to allow a message into chat, but not affect the automod blocking those specific terms. Just like an "allow once" button. This would allow for more flexibility in letting people say certain things, without messing with automod's word bank.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It’s reprehensible that Twitch does not have better protections for streamers. We know without the content from streamers, twitch would no longer exist.

Not allowing the repeat creation of fake user accounts within a given time period would be a start. Also settings for a streamer to automatically timeout chat from accounts created in the last x number of minutes/hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. as a mod it would be helpful if i could talk to all the other mods without having to whisper them each individually once by one.....all we would have to do is type "/modchat <message>" and it would show up in chat like the ban, timeout, purge messages do. All mods can communicate without the rest of chat seeing it. Also, they can be pinned for important channel stuff like in discord, so any mod coming into chat can see what's new or changed with regards to the stream rules and such

991 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. The new moderator chat feature is a really good base point for enabling moderators to do great work but can I suggest some more options for the future of this feature? Options such-as being able to search the chatlog (maybe by date or just by words) , being able to delete your mod comments, and real time refresh on the chat when were pop out mode

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hey peeps, I was wondering if we could have the blacklist word filtering system be where subs can say certain words but non subs cant. For example if someone says "can you add me?" I would want subs to say this but not everyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently, the only way to view people banned from the channel is the channel settings. I think it would be very useful to have some kind of moderator dashboard which displays it as well.

Each entry on the ban list should include: date, current username, mod who performed the action and a space for adding the reason of the ban (editable by the mod and channel editors). It could also be useful if the entry listed up to 5 recent messages by that person posted before getting banned.
    The list itself should be searchable by username.
    When a user gets…

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  15. New accounts cannot because created with the word "grape" in it and will automatically trigger a red flag. I know this is nonsensical for some, but my name online has always had the word "Grape" in it because it is my last name. I'd love to create an account with the word "grape" in it. But apparently it's too close to word word "Rape" so it automatically won't let you put the word in your name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Implement the ability to apply for a viewing of previous account names for moderation ability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. You can do this in VODs, why not while live? Many times a user simply made a mistake and didn't realize the full rules. I don't want to remove all context of our conversation because they put a word in a message they didn't realize was banned.

Also it's confusing for new mods to time-out instead of deleting an offending message.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. I believe a feature in one's settings that makes it so moderators of the channel can't moderate without having Two Factor Authentification activated would be super useful, with this new optional settings it could dramatically decrease the amount of compromised moderator accounts while also raising more awareness for 2FA

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. Turbo users were given options to hide their turbo badges. Why not moderators who voluntarily invest their time & energy to grow communities? That way streamers have options to fight mod-wall effect and see if chat participation improves. Just having that option is really reassuring and helpful for many communities. Currently some moderators would lurk or go through the hassle of logging into another alt-account to chat. Some streamers even have to awkwardly unmod people and mod when needed.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?