Add predefined ban reasons/categories
I think twitch should add predefined ban reasons/categories (like homophobia, racism, harrasment, ...) that moderators could use. This feature could open to many moderation improvments that I detail below
More details :
- Twitch could reserve ban categories Ids (like the 100 first ids) for common ban categories that every streamer can use
- Other Ids could be reserved for other purposes (country related law, ...)
- Other Ids (let's day IDs from 1000 and above) could allow streamers create custom reasons.
- Moderators often use tools (FFZ, ...) that would help use this feature more efficiently
Other features that could benefit from this:
- Twitch could recieve an automatic user report when one account is banned from multiple streams for the most severe categories, reserved by twitch. That could also trigger a warning to the banned user.
- Streamers could chose which categories they share with other streamers (some categories could be shared with any streamer that wishes to subscribe, other categories could only be shared only after accepting the request from the other streamer). Streamers can keep private some ban categories if they wish to.
- Streamers could chose which ban categories from other streamers they subscribe to and what to do with it (ban from their channel, mark the user on the chat, ...). That way, streamers with a small community could automatically subscribe to bigger streamers ban categories and have a better protection.
- When streamers know each other, they could synchronize their custom ban IDs and enhance their ban sharing that way.
- Editing past bans categories could also help because sometimes, banning fast is more important than banning with the right category. Editing could be done on the user tab or in the moderation history