Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would be super helpful to have an ad-break widget in mod view (for channel editors) as I currently have to switch between stream manager (for ads) and mod view (for cleaner/more accessible UI).

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There is nothing currently in TOS that prevents anyone with a criminal record in casting - including people who have been convicted of race, hate or crimes. As a private company, Twitch could make the step to update TOS to prevent people who have been convicted of race, hate or crimes from casting - and make a DBS part of the onboarding process (a DBS is mandatory for teachers working with children, people in the care industry etc - why not on twitch when children can create an account from the age of 13?) . It wouldn't solve the problem,…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. =The Idea=

Have a toggle switch in auto-mod options for streamer to opt-in or out.

If opted in:
    Any accounts that were banned in 3 other streamer's chats in the past 72 hrs will have their messages auto-held until approved.

If opted out:
    No change from current moderation.

=Uses=
    - Chat bots from follow websites would have all their messages held after 3 streamers ban them. This will prevent a significant amount of spam from follow bots and not allow their messages unless the streamer opted out.
    - General trolls. Some people like to join chats just to harass streamers.…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently, the only way to view people banned from the channel is the channel settings. I think it would be very useful to have some kind of moderator dashboard which displays it as well.

Each entry on the ban list should include: date, current username, mod who performed the action and a space for adding the reason of the ban (editable by the mod and channel editors). It could also be useful if the entry listed up to 5 recent messages by that person posted before getting banned.
    The list itself should be searchable by username.
    When a user gets…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Is there a better way to filter or make sure that if I have my channel in Mature Audience only, that it is understood? Like can we have a little rating setting we can place or have it be better defined in the Topic/Category settings for streams? As well as if there is a way we can make sure it keeps the chat/audience of age?

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A few words can be used for good or bad in many different contexts. When we get a message on a good context and we allow the message, we are adding the word on the permitList which can be dangerous if used on a wrong scenario.

Example: .
    Good scenario: My sleep schedule is
    right now.
    Bad Scenario: This streamer is ******.

If the good message comes first and then the bad message, the second message will not be blocked by automod.

Idea: having a third option, other than accept and deny message, on automod to allow the message on…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The Twitch community is composed of people from around the world, coming from unique political backgrounds and cultures.

Prohibiting games enforces a specific view of the world to the Twitch community as to what is acceptable or not, censoring content with valuable gameplay and cultural content in the process.

As of this writing, the list of prohibited games are either due to violence, sex, or any game with the "Adults Only (AO)" ESRB rating. While this could be argued to be a good thing for kids, Twitch has already a "Mature Content" flag in its channel settings for this specific…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would love to see Twitch implement a feature that allows Streamers to set up a hard block for users with XX (configurable by streamer) amount of currently active bans.

This feature alone would greatly reduce the serial trollers that do nothing but jump from stream to stream trolling and getting banned.

It would also be great to have a feature that allows Mods and Streamers alike to see how many active bans a viewer has.

Thank you for your consideration.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. After the bot attacks on twitch Vtuber channels in those days, i think it's necessary, NOW, a feature which block bots from following channels, the idea should be this : an unverified account gets blocked from the start to follow a channel if that account isnt verified, remember that to create a verified account it's necessary to doing a longer process so the bot buyer much necessarily taking more time and they will give up. Or something which work like that to fight bots.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

14. I'm 14 turning 15, and no adult wants to watch a kid stream, ive been streaming the past 11 months and im barely growing.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Anyone is currently able to access deleted Clips and VODs via a Twitch database that is open and accessible via the stream ID. This is incredibly dangerous, as personal information such as addresses, names, employment, etc., may have been accidentally disclosed on stream, and is now permanently saved for the public to access at anytime, even if the VOD or Clip is quickly deleted.

PLEASE close this server access to the public for our safety!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In the sense of IRC's +m channel mode, only moderators and higher would be allowed to speak.

Useful for:

Announcements
    Aiding in spam cleanup
    Crowd Control

This, I think, would be essential to mods of event streams, and other high traffic channels.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Recently I had to permit the term of "ow" when someone wanted to simply type "How are you <3" on a stream. This rather baffled me. I have since found similarly harmless words have triggered very low levels of automod sensitivity despite being rather simple words. Someone on reddit thankfully screenshotted some examples of the settings being used for the How are you <3 instance and has uploaded them for easy viewing:

Settings: https://i.imgur.com/3vLFx3Z.png
    Results: https://i.imgur.com/VYjp4Sj.png

I can also state that I've had to permit the word 'dinosaur' on the same levels of sensitivity. I think it AutoMod should be…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Twitch should offer a more in-depth mental health section that not only focuses on streamer health (i.e. suicide prevention/depression) but also the streamer/follower relationship. Offering resources for those who do not understand that the streamer cannot always respond/ may not share the same feelings as the viewer. Essentially, we need a "how to use Twitch in a healthy, responsible manner" section, to educate all parties involved.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to be able to see a redemption history for each channel point redemption, as there are certain channels that only want people to redeem certain rewards once, and a history can be a way to check if a user has redeemed it before. (also add the ability to clear the history per reward)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hi there! Recently with TLOU2 trolling being a huge issue on Twitch, many troll accounts are spamming channel point redeems with trolly usernames in order to avoid having their messages deleted and getting themselves timed out immediately as you would be able to with normal chat messages. Someone could for example say something offensive using the "highlight my message" redeemable and mods would not be able to act as fast. The shortcut buttons for ban, timeout and delete should also be available next to channel point redeems so action can be taken faster if the user's username or message is…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?