Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to see an easier way to see what channels where I am a moderator without checking all my following list and typing /mods to check.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A few words can be used for good or bad in many different contexts. When we get a message on a good context and we allow the message, we are adding the word on the permitList which can be dangerous if used on a wrong scenario.

Example: ***.
    Good scenario: My sleep schedule is *
    ** right now.
    Bad Scenario: This streamer is ******.

If the good message comes first and then the bad message, the second message will not be blocked by automod.

Idea: having a third option, other than accept and deny message, on automod to allow…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dear at @TwitchSupport as a mod it would be great if ANY user who has an account that's less than 30 days old had a special symbol next to their name. 95% of the users I have to delete a message, timeout or ban are new user accounts. A symbol would make it easy to spot new user accounts in a busy chat and make it easier for mods to be on alert. ESPECIALLY when there is something going on like a new movie with spoilers or now the new thing is WW3 chatter blaming America ALSO if I ban…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. As a moderator of a few channels, we've had a massive issue with one particular troll using a VPN to evade bans. This is a massive issue for us because; this user will spam hateful messages, racist slurs, bullying/harassment and even spam the streamer's private personal info. This has been such an issue, that some people I know have had to take a long break from streaming or quit altogether!

I implore you Twitch. Please add an option to enable Phone number verification!
    I believe this will strongly deter users from ban evading, as it commonly costs to use phone…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After the bot attacks on twitch Vtuber channels in those days, i think it's necessary, NOW, a feature which block bots from following channels, the idea should be this : an unverified account gets blocked from the start to follow a channel if that account isnt verified, remember that to create a verified account it's necessary to doing a longer process so the bot buyer much necessarily taking more time and they will give up. Or something which work like that to fight bots.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently, the only way to view people banned from the channel is the channel settings. I think it would be very useful to have some kind of moderator dashboard which displays it as well.

Each entry on the ban list should include: date, current username, mod who performed the action and a space for adding the reason of the ban (editable by the mod and channel editors). It could also be useful if the entry listed up to 5 recent messages by that person posted before getting banned.
    The list itself should be searchable by username.
    When a user gets…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There should be a new ban feature in which broadcasters and moderators can "fully ban" a user from the stream by stopping the video stream, removing them off of the viewer list, and hiding both the video and the messages in the chat (Basically give them a blank page with the message saying "You are fully banned from this channel.") so that banned users won't have to stalk broadcasters or cause any rude behavior on their streams anymore.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. In the sense of IRC's +m channel mode, only moderators and higher would be allowed to speak.

Useful for:

Announcements
    Aiding in spam cleanup
    Crowd Control

This, I think, would be essential to mods of event streams, and other high traffic channels.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In your own TOS you allow:
    Building construction sets (Lego, Erector sets, Mega Bloks, K'nex, Duplo, etc) or model kits (Warhammer, Gundam, and etc)

You do not, however, allow:
    Toy assembly

How do you know that the Gundams etc. Will not be used as toys once they are done? How can you be sure they will not be gifted to a family member and that they will use them as toys.

Toy assembly should be allowed.

You do not allow: Unboxing
    But yet many people do unboxing streams (primarly "big streamers")

You do not allow: Playing puzzles
    But you allow…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. In light of recent events in which two individuals have been harassing and cyberstalking a number of Twitch streamers, myself included, it would be helpful to filter out alternative forms of profanity along with formats of phone numbers.

Specifically, I suggest the following be filtered/prohibited in username creation:

• bltch (with an "L" instead of an "i")
    • wh0re (with a "0" instead of an "o")
    • ########## (the typical format of including phone numbers in a username)

All three of these techniques have been used by internet trolls when creating multiple accounts to harass streamers and post their personal information.…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Any account under x days/hours should be flagged for the broadcaster/mod to allow/ban to talk.

This will help with bots/raids/trolls.

Setting needed: Input for how strict the caster wants it.

Why not just use follow/sub only mode?

I'm not looking to restrict good people in my community. If I can get a person to make an account and talk with them, that's a win for the community.
    But I still want to find a way to filter out problematic issues that could come up.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It can be an interesting feature that moderators could be able to see mod comment a user has in different channels, so moderators can be warned about users that are not respecting communities' rules. Also it can be interesting to be awared if that user has been banned (or is still banned) because it can be disrespectful in the current channel.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. =The Idea=

Have a toggle switch in auto-mod options for streamer to opt-in or out.

If opted in:
    Any accounts that were banned in 3 other streamer's chats in the past 72 hrs will have their messages auto-held until approved.

If opted out:
    No change from current moderation.

=Uses=
    - Chat bots from follow websites would have all their messages held after 3 streamers ban them. This will prevent a significant amount of spam from follow bots and not allow their messages unless the streamer opted out.
    - General trolls. Some people like to join chats just to harass streamers.…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would be super helpful to have an ad-break widget in mod view (for channel editors) as I currently have to switch between stream manager (for ads) and mod view (for cleaner/more accessible UI).

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There is nothing currently in TOS that prevents anyone with a criminal record in casting - including people who have been convicted of race, hate or *** crimes. As a private company, Twitch could make the step to update TOS to prevent people who have been convicted of race, hate or *** crimes from casting - and make a DBS part of the onboarding process (a DBS is mandatory for teachers working with children, people in the care industry etc - why not on twitch when children can create an account from the age of 13?) . It wouldn't solve…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It is a common occurrence for moderators to judge transgressions differently from each other, or from the broadcaster, and apply different timeout lengths. I feel moderators could benefit from having the timeout duration for the specified user not overridden by subsequent timeouts, but rather have a notice given to the mods specifying the remaining timeout for that person.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. if a account has been banned it needs to go threw a process before they can change just like when you have a emote removed because that is ban evading and they are still able to lurk and be around we currently see this going on with accounts that have been banned by multiple streamers but just change there name and continue to troll and bother the streamers

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Suspension Appeal Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?