Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sometimes streamers just want to "restart" their career. Clear Mod Actions history for him and his mods is a good way to forget old people that got banned, or doesn't want their mods to see the old bans and other actions that can be unconfortable for them.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In light of the hate raids, I have been using the option to only allow raids from channels I follow. However, this is not the ideal option since it prevents being able to connect with other, genuine streamers that I may not currently know.

It would be nice to have more filters for who can raid your stream. I think a great option would be "only allow raids from affiliates and partners" or "only allow raids from accounts that are x days old". This will help prevent others from making an account just to immediately hate raiding a stream.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Safety Center  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Surely you guys have seen what has recently happened with the "ASMR Category" with two big streamers. Now I will say good job on banning them. But I think those bans should uphold and remain permanent to further back up the message that states. "That type of content is not allowed on twitch"

It's too suggestive the line was pushed too far.

Unless you guys want to make an 18+ category or a whole new site altogether adhering to that. Either way some sort of enforcement needs to be put into place. With a CLEAR understanding of what is /…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Enforcement Types  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As you might have expereinced, when chat is moving fast but someone needs a message deleted or timedout/banned mods can sometimes missclick due to the fast moving chat, now while we do have the pause chat option this can still happen due to a flinch or a nudge from a pet or someone else, what I am suggesting is an undelete/restore function within the chat for mods.

If someone was banned by accident or timedout all their messages are purged, but how about when you undo the mistken action you have the option to restore that persons messages within the…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My name in twitch has been fine for years but a newly added term has been added that makes my name offensive according to your system. This has some unintended consequences, such as stopping people using mentions directed at me or using my emotes. I recall an old server in a game I played having banned variations of "****" in chat, thus "ridiculous" ended us being banned. If a legitimate word contains a banned word, should the legitimate word be banned too? Obviously not.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would love if the whole process of reporting someone came with a bit more transparency in regards to what then happens.

When reporting a user today, you're left with the message "Thank you for your report", and that's it. From that point, you have no way of knowing what happens, and you never hear back from Twitch in regards to the outcome of your report.

I would like to suggest that a bit of transparency is introduced to this process.
    If reports were treated like bug reports/feature suggestions, sending us an automated e-mail with a ticket-number attached, it would…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Moderators sometimes manage game lobby links or somilar for their streamers. As such the links may get copied to the clipboard easily. If there are procedures in place to greet users or similar, then it might happen that moderators accidentally post sensitive information into the chat.
    Also, a rogue moderator may abuse their rights or post unwelcome messages.

Thus, moderators should have the option to delete their own and other moderators' messages.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Occasionally, streamers accidentally leave their streams on with a hot mic and even cam. During this, streamers can unintentionally reveal embarrassing and inappropriate things on-air without their knowledge with mods only being able to host another streamer as their only tool to stop the damage. Unfortunately, those watching outside their browser can be unaffected by hosting and still be watching the stream. I think these incidents can remedied and prevented by giving mods a sort of "Emergency Brake" to stop the stream. I believe this function should be optional for safety reasons so that the streamer can decide for themselves…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is there a better way to filter or make sure that if I have my channel in Mature Audience only, that it is understood? Like can we have a little rating setting we can place or have it be better defined in the Topic/Category settings for streams? As well as if there is a way we can make sure it keeps the chat/audience of age?

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Community Guidelines  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently, the only way to view people banned from the channel is the channel settings. I think it would be very useful to have some kind of moderator dashboard which displays it as well.

Each entry on the ban list should include: date, current username, mod who performed the action and a space for adding the reason of the ban (editable by the mod and channel editors). It could also be useful if the entry listed up to 5 recent messages by that person posted before getting banned.
    The list itself should be searchable by username.
    When a user gets…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Although we enter notes with the new unban system for deny or approve, these aren't shown in the Bans or Mod Comments in the User Card - please have these shown here as well for good record keeping. Additionally, including when a request was submitted and who approved/denied it would be useful, it is only shown in Mod Actions at this time.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. En las ultimas semanas he tenido el "honor" de recibir en mi canal a un grupo de trolls, los cuales han estado dandome follow con cuentas falsas cuyos nombres eran acosadores, intimidantes, amenazadores y muy molestos. Este acoso ha llegado al punto de que he tenido mas de 100 follows de pura cuenta falsa y hostigadora y pues obviamente no me siento feliz.

Mi sugerencia es:
    Que las cuentas nuevas no puedan dar follow hasta tener una semana de antiguedad como minimo

Que los correos verificados solo puedan hacerse una cuenta adicional

Que las cuentas adicionales tarden una semana en…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are people on Twitch, who have a program that allows bot spamming in chats. They buy accounts somewhere in the form of login:oauth:token and connect them to their program.
    They used to spam ads to promote themselves, now they do that to create conflicts between streamers or just to mess with streamers.

It is possible to get an Oauth:token through the Twitch API request, using apps verified by Twitch.
    If I understood correctly from the developer's words, Twitch can get info about a token that sent the message.

My way of dealing with people that spam is (или я…

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A few words can be used for good or bad in many different contexts. When we get a message on a good context and we allow the message, we are adding the word on the permitList which can be dangerous if used on a wrong scenario.

Example: ***.
    Good scenario: My sleep schedule is *
    ** right now.
    Bad Scenario: This streamer is ******.

If the good message comes first and then the bad message, the second message will not be blocked by automod.

Idea: having a third option, other than accept and deny message, on automod to allow…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While the current verification features in place are very helpful, they lack the ability to combat targeted username harassment.

Much like the current system, I think streamers should be able to decide how old an account is before it's allowed to follow your channel. Many trolls will tire after a few minutes of no attention, so even being able to set it to an hour, or a day, will make a huge impact on tackling this situation.

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Verification  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After the bot attacks on twitch Vtuber channels in those days, i think it's necessary, NOW, a feature which block bots from following channels, the idea should be this : an unverified account gets blocked from the start to follow a channel if that account isnt verified, remember that to create a verified account it's necessary to doing a longer process so the bot buyer much necessarily taking more time and they will give up. Or something which work like that to fight bots.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear at @TwitchSupport as a mod it would be great if ANY user who has an account that's less than 30 days old had a special symbol next to their name. 95% of the users I have to delete a message, timeout or ban are new user accounts. A symbol would make it easy to spot new user accounts in a busy chat and make it easier for mods to be on alert. ESPECIALLY when there is something going on like a new movie with spoilers or now the new thing is WW3 chatter blaming America ALSO if I ban…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow mods/streamers to know/see if someone is actively trying to get around the channel's banned word list. For example, if we ban the word "test", it would be helpful to know if some is franticly typing every version of that word like "t e s t", t3st", "t3$t", etc. If we use a bot like Fossa, it will quickly nuke the message and the streamer is likewise able to hide moderation dialogues in chat so they are none-the-wiser and not affected. We're at a disadvantage with default twitch.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Automod  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently right now if you report a bunch of ban evading accounts , bot accounts you are limited to 50 accounts ( per 30 minutes/per day - it really depends ).

My idea is to allow no limit on reports for partners affiliates and known accounts ( 90 days ). I feel with this sorta arrangement people will be more wanting to use it vs avoiding it.

It would also be nice to be able to get back a message saying what account in question was removed/suspended/actioned on so we better clearly know what account. ( I do know that…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Report Tool and Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?