Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. As a mod for an LGBTQ+ and trans streamer, we have been hit with a ton of followbots coming in and spamming chat with hateful intent. I had an idea for a command that would ban all accounts that have followed in a recent timeframe.

For example, (/banall 10) would ban all accounts that have followed in the last 10 minutes. This would greatly reduce the amount of time that moderators have to spend on banning all accounts separately. I spent an hour last night doing so, and while I had backup to monitor chat, I know that many smaller…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. immediate permanent bans shouldn't be allowed. give a warning in whispers. if warning appears in chat it can be easily missed. also if the person doesn't understand what they did wrong have it explained first instead of permanent banned. good people can get permanently banned to easily.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In "Bits Acceptable Use Policy / Now the Don’ts that constitute violations of this policy:" we can see that it is included in don*ts "graphic design services". I think this is totally wrong. Why I am thinking that? 1st you (Twitch) loosing a large amount of money because of that and there is nothing wrong with offering designer services in exchange for bits. You like it or not, bits are some kind of currency and streamers using it for all kind of things on their live streams. If you really want to push this "Now the Don’ts that constitute violations…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Twitch platform has thousands of users who are underage kids. Based on that, hot tub streamers should be moved and separated to different domain ieg. twitch.adults.tv so that you will not get sued from promoting pedophilia on your website.
    Young adults think that hot tub streamers do soft **** and there is a paper thin line to pedophilia and it is ********* that Twitch allows this phenomena to continue on their website.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This feature very important for every streamer earning from Twitch.

Logon 2FA Requirement do not enough for who got hacked by silent.
    And too many streamer don't check email.

In case my friend (twitch affiliate) got hacked.
    It changed payout information without email notification(don't know reason).
    And got her earn to hacker paypal account.
    Region support can't help or slow progress, suggest to contact HQ Twitch.
    Too many step progress to resolve this case and unsure it resolve.
    Streamer have concern can got hack again if change new password and change payout back.
    Investigated don't know why got hacked, That…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm going to say this once, I want ALL body shaming to be bannable offenses. If I don't mention certain types of body shaming, please don't think that means I don't take it seriously or that I think it should not be included. I decided to make this post after finding out that you get emails whenever a report leads to action being taken. That means 95% of the reports I have made against body shaming IN THE LAST 2 YEARS have had no action taken.

Yesterday I unfollowed yet another streamer who didn't moderate body shaming in their chat…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow subscribers to Block from their view, conversations with Mods in all environments if the Mod has continued to be aggressive & abusive. Subscribers should not be subjected to bullying. As a subscriber, some channels are not safe zones because the Mod is “security” for Streamer and not an agent of a safe healthy community. I have unsubscribed to these channels in an effort to protect my peace. I have requested Mod to refrain from messaging or attempting to communicate as it is always negative & toxic. Please consider allowing subscribers/customers to have more control over their engagement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This makes 0 sense. You have no problem banning people for inappropriate content or things you disagree with, yet when DMCA comes down on you, it's up to us as content creators to protect ourselves?

You don't get to regulate a platform, and then things get tough, decide you don't want the responsibility anymore. Either ban content AND protect creators yourselves from the DMCA strikes, or do neither. Doing both shows you're just a bunch of greedy pieces of crap who really don't care about your creators. I know your a company and your main thing is to make money…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. So, I get it, today is Women's History Month. I saw the ad on Twitter using the term "womxn" - a term used deliberately to exclude trans women, and one that most trans women - including myself - find incredibly offensive.

If you don't want us on your platform, and if we're not welcome in the Twitch community, there are easier ways to tell us that by publicly invalidating our identity.

Absolutely disgraceful that a company that used to pride itself on promoting an inclusive, safe space for creators is using and promoting such disgusting language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I see a lot of streamers doing these "Unban Appeal" stream on their channel as "content". While the streamers and viewers may think this is an entertaining for content, it is often very toxic for the community.

The person got banned for a reason for breaking TOS or either not appropriate for chat, and their chat texts were deleted by moderators. Do we really need to revisit their toxic comments on stream again and display their chat or read it out aloud again? These comments were deleted for a reason right?

Most of the time, this becomes Harassment and Bullying…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Beside being obviously racist; I find it insulting to assume because one is white they inherently have some sort of privilege that is not available to others. Instead of focusing more on the behavioral aspects of one's own community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think if Twitch is going to be taking copyright more seriously moving forward, then they need to include video games in that as well. As it stands, there are many streamers, both partnered and otherwise, profiting off someone else's work without their explicit permission or sponsorship. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but video games should require permission/sponsorship to broadcast just like any other copyrighted material.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A PRS license would allow copyright holders to get a piece of revenue from it, that sounds fair?

Could we stream copyrighted music if that happened?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Words. Language. The way in which we communicate our thoughts and feelings. Twitch seems to want to continue to ban more and more words. When does it stop? What does Twitch look like in 2024? Can anyone say anything without being in fear of being banned? How long do big streamers stay on a platform that curbs their freedom to express themselves? I simply inquire where it stops.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. he puesto musica sin copyright y aveces me la silenciaba twitch, por miedo mis stream ahora soin aburridos simn musica

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Amazon, which owns Twitch, has their own music service. IIRC there is also an extension that allows Amazon Prime Members to share their currently playing Amazon Music lists with other Amazon Prime members. What would the feasibility of allowing Amazon Music Prime members to share their currently playing lists with everyone like the Watch Parties?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A lot of my reports are a big deal because the same 3 people keep harassing and telling terrible things to a child that is in my stream. And they go about there way to follow said child to streams to harass. What will be done so this doesn't happen in the future.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I currently share the Gospel message on twitch through gaming in Fortnite. I've been banned TWICE for "harrasment" If I have concent from the other party to talk about the Bible or my religion, why is it considered "harrassment". Also, how do you plan on addressing the persecution Christians face on your platform, for holding a belief that is contrary to the LGBTQ community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For quite a while now, I have seen too many people smoking/vaping publicly on Twitch.
    I have to keep adding them to the "Not interested section as it's REALLY uncomfortable. I have a friend who smokes, but whenever my friend does, he ALWAYS turns of his camera.
    People who watch those streams could end up smoking/vaping too from following the streamers footsteps. I mean, children at the age of 13 could be watching them and get the wrong ideas. Please change it so it is more balanced and safer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Separate in-game audio, streamer voice, and music into different audio channels. Viewers that link their music service (as long as they have an active subscription) of choice to their Twitch account can have access to listen to the streamer's music audio channel. Those without a verified link to a music streaming service they subscribe to would be limited to only in-game audio, streamer voice, and copyright free music. You could use it to promote Amazon Music, and also partner with other music streaming services.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?